Author Topic: ENY limits based on all players, not InFlight.... WHY??  (Read 1267 times)

Offline ttso

• Zinc Member
ENY limits based on all players, not InFlight.... WHY??
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
Ok this is indeed triggered by nuts ENY on LW a few hours ago, as ENY reach 28 on Sat morning (US time) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

According to AHWiki (http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Side_balancing)
The side balancer consideres the amount of all players on the arena roster regardless of them being in flight

Now.. why ENY limits is based on all players instead of only InFlight? Tower-Huger doesn't cause any result on combat but will have an impact on ENY? Hard to understand...

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: ENY limits based on all players, not InFlight.... WHY??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 01:33:07 PM »
Ok this is indeed triggered by nuts ENY on LW a few hours ago, as ENY reach 28 on Sat morning (US time) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

According to AHWiki (http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Side_balancing)
Now.. why ENY limits is based on all players instead of only InFlight? Tower-Huger doesn't cause any result on combat but will have an impact on ENY? Hard to understand...

Plenty of aircraft you can fly even when ENY is high. Let your mechanics work on those poor worn out Spixteens/LA7's/Ponies and give something else a try.  :aok
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
Imagine one country with a 100+ numbers advantage over the other two...Those extra 100 sit in the tower to bring ENY back to zero and then...launch a gigantic P-51D steamroller mission that obliterates any opposition. 

That is why.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ttso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:26:35 AM »
Imagine one country with a 100+ numbers advantage over the other two...Those extra 100 sit in the tower to bring ENY back to zero and then...launch a gigantic P-51D steamroller mission that obliterates any opposition. 

That is why.

Wasn't ENY got checked everytime you click flight? If thats the case what you described wont even happen.

The only potential problem is mission, but again it can be solved by flagging player as InFlight when he click join.

I understand it might be a server cpu reducing shortcut in the past, but nowday?  :furious :furious

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:53:29 AM »
Higher your aircrafts eny the better your perk farming.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Wasn't ENY got checked everytime you click flight? If thats the case what you described wont even happen.

The only potential problem is mission, but again it can be solved by flagging player as InFlight when he click join.

I understand it might be a server cpu reducing shortcut in the past, but nowday?  :furious :furious

It has nothing to do with servers. It has to do with the potential of the side becoming unbalanced. HTC isn't going to force players to switch sides to even of the playfield, but with an ENY limit they can control the force by inhibiting the equipment available to the side with the numerical superiority. So if 100 people are sitting in the tower they have the "potential" to over balance the others sides. ENY limits that by using the total players on-line instead of just in the air.

Now to cure the issue of the guys sitting in the tower instead of logging off so they can get the "win the war" perk should their team win..... well thats another issue all together. 

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »
Its all about the pilot not the bird. Eny is stupid ,and for cry babies that cant stand how life is not fair.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:30 AM »
I can see the armchair Generals on country channel now:

ENY Alert.  Anyone wanting to fly low ENY planes go to the tower now.  Takeoff at 09:35.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:32:10 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
Its all about the pilot not the bird.

No. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
Its all about the pilot not the bird. Eny is stupid ,and for cry babies that cant stand how life is not fair.
Manifestly false.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
I can see the armchair Generals on country channel now:

ENY Alert.  Anyone wanting to fly low ENY planes go to the tower now.  Takeoff at 09:35.

what a great Idea!!
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
Take a 3 week player put them in a spit 16 take Snail in a p40 who will win? So, its the player not the bird,this is a well known fact. And i stand by that eny is to keep crybabies at bay,or people would so be crying even more then "grown men" do. I stand by my remarks but I'm not here to slap fight cause i love you guys to much.Hiel HT!

But both the op's remarks where well thought out ty for giving me somthing to think about.  :aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
Take a 3 week player put them in a spit 16 take Snail in a p40 who will win? So, its the player not the bird,this is a well known fact.

You are taking the most extreme example...

If it's only about the player, I should easily get the same K/D in a P-40C that I'm getting in a Tempest, 109K or Ki-84 right? Or two seasoned players of identical skill level meeting in a P-40C and a Spit 16 will both have the same chances of killing each others?
Planes like P-40C, P-39, Spit I are only flown by the worst pilots of AH, while the P-51D, La-7 or SPit 16 are being flown by the very best pilots only, because their k/D is so incredibly much higher than the aforementioned ones?

In fact, it's both. Plane + Pilot. To think the plane performance would have nothing to do with sucess at all is ridiculous. Makes one wonder why air forces all over the world were always looking for a 'better' plane... ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:06:35 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
It is both.  When I get shot down, it's the plane's fault.  When I shoot someone else down, it's all leet skillz.  ;)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
You are taking the most extreme example...

If it's only about the player, I should easily get the same K/D in a P-40C that I'm getting in a Tempest, 109K or Ki-84 right? Or two seasoned players of identical skill level meeting in a P-40C and a Spit 16 will both have the same chances of killing each others?
Planes like P-40C, P-39, Spit I are only flown by the worst pilots of AH, while the P-51D, La-7 or SPit 16 are being flown by the very best pilots only, because their k/D is so incredibly much higher than the aforementioned ones?

In fact, it's both. Plane + Pilot. To think the plane performance would have nothing to do with sucess at all is ridiculous. Makes one wonder why air forces all over the world were always looking for a 'better' plane... ;)

I have the complete opposite thinking from this. If we were to take a pilot who is best of the best, makes no mistakes, and make a clone of him so that we have two pilots with perfectly even skill levels, and we put 1 of them in an i-16 and the other in a P-51D, then my thinking is the fight would be a draw. Both pilots would be using their planes weaknesses against the others strengths. The i-16 pilot would use his better turning and maneuverability to avoid the P-51D while he used his better speed and climbing abilities to make BnZ attacks. The only way I see one of them winning is if one of them was flying a plane that has every single advantage in the book, and we do not have that kind of plane in-game.

The plane is just the tool we use, and our skills is what makes the difference. Someone who is a far more skilled fighter and used a blunt wooden club will be able to beat someone of less skill and uses the sharpest of swords.