Author Topic: Re-Arm Options  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
Re-Arm Options
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
Hello Pilots...

What do you guys think of having options at the re-arm pad. Do you think it would be a good idea if we were able to change our fuel and bomb load out at the re-arm pad? Why not repairs? Here is an example WHY I would want this. Say for instance you originally started out with full load out of bombs and fuel. After you make it back to re-arm, the enemy has made it in close to your base. The flight hangers have been knocked out, so you can't get another plane with less fuel and bombs to fight them off the base. You have to carry full load of bombs and fuel to fight the enemy. While you are on the ground, why cant we get repairs and request less fuel and no bombs? Seems they would have been able to do this during the war instead of the latter.

Thanks
Armkreuz

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Re-Arm Options
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
I cant speak for HTC, but me thinks just swapping out rocket racks, bomb racks, fuel drop tanks, and ammo loads is a bit more involved than most people think.

If you REALLY need to change or swap out load outs then up a new aircraft.  Oh? Can't up at the same field because of X reason?  Then best make use of what you have or up from a different field.  That is all part of the strategy if you will. 

I say leave it as is.   :) 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
OK...I am talking about going the OPPOSITE direction you are speaking of. If the loadout bothers you or it takes more time than usual, then don't let the pilot ADD to his loadout. I am speaking of LESS of a loadout. Let him have the option of taking no bombs and half fuel so the pilot has a chance to get his plane up to defend the base. I don't think time would be an issue with less of a load,....Would it?

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
+1

I have always liked this option. I know it is a bit more involved than simply selecting a new loadout but it could add to the game in a manner that harms reality very little.

How many of these birds hotloaded in real life? I am guessing Navy planes did frequently. Spits during the Battle of Britian. German planes frequently. Maybe to keep it as realistic as possible if you hotload and choose to not add the bomb you still keep the rack and with it the 5-10mph speed penalty. Same with rockets, etc.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
How many of these birds hotloaded in real life? I am guessing Navy planes did frequently. Spits during the Battle of Britian. German planes frequently. Maybe to keep it as realistic as possible if you hotload and choose to not add the bomb you still keep the rack and with it the 5-10mph speed penalty. Same with rockets, etc.

Boo
that being the case, it would be just as easy to dump the ords and/or dt once your reloaded and taxiing out to the runway...<wish granted>
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
Hello Pilots...

What do you guys think of having options at the re-arm pad. Do you think it would be a good idea if we were able to change our fuel and bomb load out at the re-arm pad? Why not repairs? Here is an example WHY I would want this. Say for instance you originally started out with full load out of bombs and fuel. After you make it back to re-arm, the enemy has made it in close to your base. The flight hangers have been knocked out, so you can't get another plane with less fuel and bombs to fight them off the base. You have to carry full load of bombs and fuel to fight the enemy. While you are on the ground, why cant we get repairs and request less fuel and no bombs? Seems they would have been able to do this during the war instead of the latter.

Thanks
Armkreuz

a plane upping in ww2 with less than 100% fuel.  yeah right.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
OK....Then give the option to DUMP the fuel to half a tank after takeoff. ( I guess wasting a bomb doesn't matter. It's just a game huh) I don't think that a pilot that is needing to get to the air to fight off bandits at their base would tell the reload guy...FILL er up. I need all the weight I can get to fight off these bad guys. I DO think a pilot WOULD take off with less than a full tank to have a weight advantage for dogfighting near the base. If YOU would like to fight with a full tank at all times, by all means fill er up. You could still have that option.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
OK....Then give the option to DUMP the fuel to half a tank after takeoff. ( I guess wasting a bomb doesn't matter. It's just a game huh) I don't think that a pilot that is needing to get to the air to fight off bandits at their base would tell the reload guy...FILL er up. I need all the weight I can get to fight off these bad guys. I DO think a pilot WOULD take off with less than a full tank to have a weight advantage for dogfighting near the base. If YOU would like to fight with a full tank at all times, by all means fill er up. You could still have that option.

i dare you to find a single account of a pilot that demanded less than 100% fuel in his plane so he could go into a combat situation with it...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »
Look buddy...

I put this on as a "WISH" in the wishlist. I didn't put it on here to debate you or your so called WW2 mandatory full fuel loadout. If you like, fill your tanks and add drop tanks too. I don't CARE. This suggestion seems very simple and straight forward to me. Add the option to take less. Pretty simple....I thought. I guess we need to take the option out in the hanger to JUST load 100% fuel....that is if we are going with that 100% fuel at all times nonsense. According to your view, those options of 25, 50, 75 % fuel is unrealistic....right?

Thanks
Armkreuz
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:35:53 PM by Armkreuz »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »

:D

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »

ok then... I still vote NO so as to not waste the time and resources of HTC's.   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »
ok then... I still vote NO so as to not waste the time and resources of HTC's.   :D

It's only a waste of time and resource if it accomplishes nothing. THIS would be great for events (and is doable).;)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »
I'm giving this one a big NO. Way too many options between the realistic(150 rounds to 200 rounds for 20mm hub cannon) to the rediculous(swap out my 20mm hub cannon for Das Tater). Keep it simple and fair - end sortee to cange loadout.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:11 PM »
I'm giving this one a big NO. Way too many options between the realistic(150 rounds to 200 rounds for 20mm hub cannon) to the rediculous(swap out my 20mm hub cannon for Das Tater). Keep it simple and fair - end sortee to cange loadout.

Fair? What's unfair? Simple? Just as simple as de-materializing from the plane you stopped on the runway, re-materializing in the tower then re-materializing in the hangar, choosing an entirely different configuration (or plane, for that matter) even from a different nation of origin then re-materializing on the runway. At least with the re-arm pad you are still going to be in the same plane and in the same condition (I re-upped missing an elevator or aileron in events before). And, once again, in one-life events going to the hangar between sorties isn't an option. But changing your fuel or loadout would be nice.

Anyhoo ..... those dead-set against it ... will be. Those who are for it .... will be. Anything in between may or may not give it a second thought.

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »
I think if you have those options in the hanger, then why not have those same options on the re-arm pad. What would it hurt. It takes 30 seconds now to re-load on re-arm. Should take less time to reload less fuel and no bombs. I would be fine with the same 30 seconds across the board. Just give me the option to load less. If you load more, add 30 more seconds to loadout.

Oh...By the way...Nice interface you created there Arlo. Looks like that option belongs there.

Thanks
Armkreuz