Author Topic: Re-Arm Options  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Re-Arm Options
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
Look buddy...

I put this on as a "WISH" in the wishlist. I didn't put it on here to debate you or your so called WW2 mandatory full fuel loadout. If you like, fill your tanks and add drop tanks too. I don't CARE. This suggestion seems very simple and straight forward to me. Add the option to take less. Pretty simple....I thought. I guess we need to take the option out in the hanger to JUST load 100% fuel....that is if we are going with that 100% fuel at all times nonsense. According to your view, those options of 25, 50, 75 % fuel is unrealistic....right?

Thanks
Armkreuz

Look buddy, this is a discussion board.  He does not agree with you and offered his opinion in the discussion.  if you do not want a discussion you can simply email HTC with your idea.

And -1 on your idea mate.  :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »
It's only a waste of time and resource if it accomplishes nothing. THIS would be great for events (and is doable).;)
if it's for events, then absolutely NO...we shouldn't be able to make fuel choices in events as it is. since they are based on history it should be 100% fuel and a drop tank if you need extra flight time.

Look buddy...

I put this on as a "WISH" in the wishlist. I didn't put it on here to debate you or your so called WW2 mandatory full fuel loadout. If you like, fill your tanks and add drop tanks too. I don't CARE. This suggestion seems very simple and straight forward to me. Add the option to take less. Pretty simple....I thought. I guess we need to take the option out in the hanger to JUST load 100% fuel....that is if we are going with that 100% fuel at all times nonsense. According to your view, those options of 25, 50, 75 % fuel is unrealistic....right?

Thanks
Armkreuz
i don't recall adding you to my buddy list, and i'm not debating anything. you're the one that decided it was historically correct, so i'm daring you to prove it. if you can, i'll gladly help convince everyone else that it's the right thing to do.

until then, i don't have a problem with the bombs as long as the bomb racks remain attached to the plane. as far as fuel, if you want to game the game so bad, just pick 25% fuel with a drop tank as your default setup and drop the tank when you don't need it. easily done. people have been doing it for years.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
if it's for events, then absolutely NO...we shouldn't be able to make fuel choices in events as it is. since they are based on history it should be 100% fuel and a drop tank if you need extra flight time.

Command (CiCs) makes the fuel and ord choices in events and would have greater flexibility to do so at the battle situation warrants with such a system. This would still keep you to one life and your craft to the damages sustained.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »
I have no problem adding any features to rearm pad...as long as we can take the rearm pad out with a bomb strike.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
I have no problem adding any features to rearm pad...as long as we can take the rearm pad out with a bomb strike.

Taking out ord and hitting fuel. I agree both should have an effect on what you're trying to put on your plane both on the re-arm pad and in the hangar.

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Well either way you look at it...If you land and need to refuel and re-arm, in real-life, you would have had the option to tell the ground crew what you needed. 100% fuel and 100% bomb load-out was not what every situation warranted. If I am trying to fight off an attack AT MY BASE, Its highly unlikely the ground crew would have an across the board load-out of bombs to go up and fight off an attack. It's just insane to think like that. It's not true. Lets see you take off and fight an attacking hoard with a full load. You wouldn't do it. Makes no sense to do so. Anyhoo...That's my suggestion. Take it as you will.

Thanks
Armkreuz

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
Well either way you look at it...If you land and need to refuel and re-arm, in real-life, you would have had the option to tell the ground crew what you needed. 100% fuel and 100% bomb load-out was not what every situation warranted. If I am trying to fight off an attack AT MY BASE, Its highly unlikely the ground crew would have an across the board load-out of bombs to go up and fight off an attack. It's just insane to think like that. It's not true. Lets see you take off and fight an attacking hoard with a full load. You wouldn't do it. Makes no sense to do so. Anyhoo...That's my suggestion. Take it as you will.

Thanks
Armkreuz

I never understood all the reason made up to hate this. *ShruG* I'm with you on this.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »

Thanks
Armkreuz
tell that to the 352nd fighter group at y-29 on january 1st 1945...

not much of a history reader are ya?   :devil
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
tell that to the 352nd fighter group at y-29 on january 1st 1945...

not much of a history reader are ya?   :devil

Gyrene, I love ya like an AHII brother but the history you are trying to spank Armkreus with (http://352ndfg.com/Y-29/legend.htm) has nothing to do with having options. Half the unit was up and the other was lifting. If they had any sort of warning prior to take-off, I'd be willing to bet that 'plan b' (no bombs, no drop-tanks) would have been the re-vamped order right there on the flight-line (even with this unit doing well, in spite of).

I read history. You read history. I bet Armkreus reads history. And lawd knows we all take from it what we want.  :devil
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:45:43 PM by Arlo »

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
Yea...I know my history...But you can always partially pull something from history to suit your needs for proof. As far as knowing what your favorite fighter groups flight schedules, load-outs or bathroom breaks were, I don't know. Don't care. I'll leave that history to your studies. As far as the re-arm pad goes. I like my suggestion and I hope the AH folk hear me. Thanks for the replies...Even the bashing ones.

I appreciate your well thought out comments too Arlo. Seems you have thought of this suggestion too.

Thanks
Armkreuz

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »
Gyrene, I love ya like an AHII brother but the history you are trying to spank Armkreus with (http://352ndfg.com/Y-29/legend.htm) has nothing to do with having options. Half the unit was up and the other was lifting. If they had any sort of warning prior to take-off, I'd be willing to bet that 'plan b' (no bombs, no drop-tanks) would have been the re-vamped order right there on the flight-line (even with this unit doing well, in spite of).

I read history. You read history. I bet Armkreus reads history. And lawd knows we all take from it what we want.  :devil
:neener:  yes it does. the fuel option specifically should not exist, most especially in events. the planes that were in the air dropped their toys and went on the offensive. the planes that were waiting to take off were fully fueled and they did not have their ground crews siphon off fuel or pull the drop tanks before they took off. the pilots of the planes sitting on the sidelines did not run out and tell their ground crew to dump 50% of the fuel in their planes so they could dog fight better.

i have no problem with changing bomb loads or drop tanks, as long as they are stuck with the racks until they tower out.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »
:neener:  yes it does. the fuel option specifically should not exist, most especially in events. the planes that were in the air dropped their toys and went on the offensive. the planes that were waiting to take off were fully fueled and they did not have their ground crews siphon off fuel or pull the drop tanks before they took off. the pilots of the planes sitting on the sidelines did not run out and tell their ground crew to dump 50% of the fuel in their planes so they could dog fight better.

i have no problem with changing bomb loads or drop tanks, as long as they are stuck with the racks until they tower out.

You don't think a skilled ground crew could strip off racks as fast as they could load ord?

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675069416_P-38-bombing-mission_P-38-Lightning_bomb-attached-under-the-wing_bomb-servicing-truck

And we're not talking about a fully fueled plane waiting to take off for it's first sortie. We're talking about planes on the turn-around. There's no 'siphoning' involved here.  :D

'Joe, we got inbounds about ten minutes out or less. Save me time and weight.'

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
Look buddy...

Thanks
Armkreuz

well you did mention that in the war pilots would have asked for less than full tank. 

but to the honest, we kindda try to simulate combat as close as possible. we arent even close to being "close" to how it was in the war but let's try not to add more gamey stuff to it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.