Author Topic: MA Off-peak is dying  (Read 16074 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: MA Off-peak is dying
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
So is it even worth me spending $15 a month again on Aces? Seems not much has changed from Feb when I quit playing.
JG 52

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »
I think it's more that fighting against 5 to 1 odds just isn't all that much fun. I'll up once or twice, but getting wheels up and a few turn and maybe a shot or two before getting hit by 3 guys gets old fast.

Man I wish I could find only 5 to 1 odds.  The last couple of months I was amazed how many enemy's a Spit I will draw.  I finally had to switch back to a IX so I'd stand a chance.  Might switch back though 'cause the I's more fun.

What I don't like (being a Bish) is my only choices are to fly with the horde (which I won't do) or fly against the horde.

I agree though that it gets tiring so after several sorties I just go sit somewhere in a GV or field gun and relax waiting for someone to come along.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »
So is it even worth me spending $15 a month again on Aces? Seems not much has changed from Feb when I quit playing.

After all this time being here, I wonder what you would expect to change in general gameplay in just a few months without any actual change in gameplay mechanisms ... ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »
Another thing no one seems to have mentioned is the 12 hour rule change from around July 2011, I think this had a big effect on the A2A guys and stagnated the game from an A2A perspective. Seems to be a bunch of guys in GVs is all thats left now.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 11:21:29 PM »

The only thing worth my money lately has been FSO, scenarios, and some fun DA time with the few good fighter sticks left in the game.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
After all this time being here, I wonder what you would expect to change in general gameplay in just a few months without any actual change in gameplay mechanisms ... ;)

lol good point, think I will just wait and invest in to some more matrix games.
JG 52

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
For score maybe more emphasis should be put on getting multiple victories/buildings in a short period of time? Like rewarding the score player for being aggressive? In games the carrot works better than the stick IMO.

Bombers and fighters would be lower and the more concentrated environment would create more combat I believe.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2013, 02:39:54 AM »
Another thing no one seems to have mentioned is the 12 hour rule change from around July 2011, I think this had a big effect on the A2A guys and stagnated the game from an A2A perspective. Seems to be a bunch of guys in GVs is all thats left now.
. 'Splain, please.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2013, 02:41:36 AM »
Snapshots are awesome and quite a few times i've done the solomons scenario, unfortunately barely even 20-30 show up for it. Its well worth the fight, last time was F4u-1 and P38G against Tony's and A6m3's

But do a map that way in MA.  Run it for a week if nobody wins it before switching. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:14 AM »
So back to the original issue

The way to achieve a better situation for off-peak would be to switch to small maps @ X:am in the morning US time, and revert to normal rotation at Y:pm in the afternoon US Time.

No-one's gameplay is affected , it won't fix all the problems people have raised, but it would make the game more enjoyable for Euro's and Oceanics.

This would be a nice easy fix
I come from a land downunder

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2013, 05:08:34 AM »
For score maybe more emphasis should be put on getting multiple victories/buildings in a short period of time? Like rewarding the score player for being aggressive? In games the carrot works better than the stick IMO.

An idea I've put forward a few times is to reward players for fighting while outnumbered. Every time a player scores a kill a score multiplier would be applied based on the number of red and green icons visible at the time. So more red than green = higher score and vice versa. This punishes those who hide in hordes picking and rewards those who up to defend a field from a horde. It gives the score-obsessed a reason to engage a more numerous enemy and so should mean more combat for everyone.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:08 AM »
The game is boring.

Too many fly around in their own ack hoping it'll do their job for them.
Too many worried about score and avoid fights at all costs.
Scoring system is a joke.
50 ton tank stopped dead in it's tracks by bushes.
Spitfires fighting Mustangs.
PT boats and torpedo planes are worthless against CV ack. Can't even get within range before you're shot down.
All towns and bases look the same on every map.
Maps are too big and not enough maps in the rotation.
Finding yourself in a 5 vs 1 is the norm not the exception.
No trains or armed convoys to blow up anymore.
No factories spread out across various places on the maps......just packed in one spot protected by laser ack.
No variety in naval shipping to attack. It's either the ack factory CV task group or nothing.

After a while most folks get tired of the same ole thing map after map, tour after tour, year after year. I'm bored with AcesHigh............ and football comes on in 15 minutes. 

^^^^^this is so true :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »
An idea I've put forward a few times is to reward players for fighting while outnumbered. Every time a player scores a kill a score multiplier would be applied based on the number of red and green icons visible at the time. So more red than green = higher score and vice versa. This punishes those who hide in hordes picking and rewards those who up to defend a field from a horde. It gives the score-obsessed a reason to engage a more numerous enemy and so should mean more combat for everyone.

I like this idea!  :aok

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2013, 07:16:58 AM »
Most ideas soung great initially and/or from an individual point of view, but would have a lot unintended consequences.

Those exact words were reiterated by Hitech and Pyro at an AH Con Q&A a few years ago.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:47 AM »
Those exact words were reiterated by Hitech and Pyro at an AH Con Q&A a few years ago.
Sounds like a company not willing to take risks.Sometimes you need to not fear and take big steps.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs