Author Topic: mary jane  (Read 5198 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: mary jane
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2014, 03:33:07 PM »
good plan, I know a lot more about it than those silly scientists filling out their grant quota the way the were asked to  :cool:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »
just as a small case study, no one who plays aces high really drunk is any good in a real 1on1 fight. Lots of the best players I know are stoned when they fly to perfection. Just throwing that out there.
/thread
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
   What everyone talking about????      :cool:

:salute

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »
Lab studies have shown that driving stoned is just as risky as driving drunk. But I guess we'll take your word for it instead  :devil
I notice you're a big "throw an unsubstantiated claim out there and run" kinda guy. Show your work, M'kay? While you're digging around for something to back that last one up, why don't you look at the risk of driving stoned vs driving distracted (phone, text, radio, hamburger, ect) and give us a reason why cell phones, books and food shouldn't be banned in a car.

For the record, I'm not advocating driving impaired under any substance/circumstance. I'm just pointing out how bad your theory is.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »
I notice you're a big "throw an unsubstantiated claim out there and run" kinda guy. Show your work, M'kay? While you're digging around for something to back that last one up, why don't you look at the risk of driving stoned vs driving distracted (phone, text, radio, hamburger, ect) and give us a reason why cell phones, books and food shouldn't be banned in a car.

For the record, I'm not advocating driving impaired under any substance/circumstance. I'm just pointing out how bad your theory is.

I dont really need lab studies to prove that driving while stoned wont affect you at all.  I have driven stoned and drunk.  while I dont think you can really get "too stoned" in the same sense as  "too drunk".  it still affects your ability to drive.

driving while stoned doesnt even fit in the same category as phone, text, radio/hamburger.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
 :rofl

I am laughing at you Bodhi......

for you to think you "know" what I have done.......that is just funny.

and then to say it wasn't good..or whatever negative thing it was.......

when all you are doing is perpetuating lies told by those who want to control the people.

I guess I will continue being me and knowing what I do is my own actions and not what they want me to do. :aok

you...continue being that sheep. :lol

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

and when the smoke settles...its still a drug...it is a big waste of time and can alter a child's development...it can ease mental stress and pain...it provides a new perspective on life without the alcohol side effects...failing a drug test puts you to the bottom of the selection pool for a job...it a part of life, always has, always will...understanding it more should only improve us a civilization.

Why will we be better?  Because when the issue becomes stale and stable people will still have to go about there lives, there will be no special drug market pushing it on kids, no more arguments about how good or bad it is, and over time most people notice its effects and would rather be sober and productive.  Just another issue to teach your kids, if you haven't already.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »
I dont really need lab studies to prove that driving while stoned wont affect you at all.
Yeah, ya do. There is a level of impairment. It might not be as severe as alcohol or narcotics, but it impairs. However, you can't remove everything that could possibly cause harm. The best you can do is set rules for use. Stay within those rules and you're OK. It's better than nothing at all and you can always amend them later.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2014, 01:16:03 AM »
I notice you're a big "throw an unsubstantiated claim out there and run" kinda guy.

I notice you must be stoned.

REFERENCE: W. Hindrik and J. Robbe and J. O’Hanlon. 1993. Marijuana and actual driving performance. Washington, DC: US Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Report No. DOT HS 808 078.

REFERENCE: H. Robbe. 1995. Marijuana’s effects on actual driving performance. In: C. Kloeden and A. McLean (Eds) Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety T-95. Adelaide: Australia: HHMRC Road Research Unit, University of Adelaide. Pp. 11-20.

REFERENCE: B. Sexton et al. 2000. The influence of cannabis on driving: A report prepared for the UK Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (Road Safety Division). Crowthorne, Berks: TRL Limited.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2014, 01:31:43 AM »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2014, 02:26:44 AM »

Apparently I'm not the one who's stoned. I bolded it for you.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2014, 02:59:15 AM »
Yeah, ya do. There is a level of impairment. It might not be as severe as alcohol or narcotics, but it impairs. However, you can't remove everything that could possibly cause harm. The best you can do is set rules for use. Stay within those rules and you're OK. It's better than nothing at all and you can always amend them later.

like i said :I dont really need lab studies to prove that driving while stoned wont affect you at all"  meaning getting stoned will affect you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
Apparently I'm not the one who's stoned. I bolded it for you.

You claimed I was lying and couldn't provide the studies. I proved you wrong. Contrary to your beliefs I never make claims I can't back up. Oh and for the rest of your post: Cell phone usage while driving is already banned in several countries. Most countries I believe also ban any activities that may distract the driver from driving without specifying.

In my country for example you have to use a hands-free system if you want to talk during driving - although studies have shown that it makes little difference. The talking itself is distraction enough for some people. You can notice these people easily on highway when they typically suddenly slow down their driving speed with no apparent reason, then when you overtake them you see theyre talking on the phone.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:14:34 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2014, 03:18:05 AM »
like i said :I dont really need lab studies to prove that driving while stoned wont affect you at all"  meaning getting stoned will affect you.

semp

No your sentence claims that driving while stoned won't affect you at all and you don't need lab studies to prove it. Otherwise your sentence would go: I dont really need lab studies to disprove that driving while stoned wont affect you at all

Studies show that driving stoned impairs your driving ability especially in lateral movements but is considered less dangerous than drunk driving because stoners drive slowly to compensate their lack of ability. Unfortunately the impaired ability to react to sudden danger situations remains a problem which no compensation can help with. And we all love the bottlenecks in the traffic don't we. Old women and stoners, cause of traffic jams worldwide.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:20:47 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »