Author Topic: Poor Connection Who Does it Favor?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Poor Connection Who Does it Favor?
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
If two players are engaged in air to air combat and one player has a real good connection with short, solid pings and no packet loss and the other player has a poor but playable connection then who has the advantage?

Not sure about this but it seems like at times with warping, the bad connection player can have an advantage if he is on defense.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Re: Poor Connection Who Does it Favor?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
I would say the warper would be hating his/her connection
and not enjoying playing :aok
Even if a warper is on defense, they have no idea where
they will appear. Maybe in your gunsight.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Not sure about this but it seems like at times with warping, the bad connection player can have an advantage if he is on defense.

to him, you're the one warping.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:10 PM »
I have a good connection with a higher ping being in Europe. I'd give my right arm for a low ping.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
If two players are engaged in air to air combat and one player has a real good connection with short, solid pings and no packet loss and the other player has a poor but playable connection then who has the advantage?

:airplane: Randy, u know if you stay on my high six, you are going to get many kill opportunities, as for some reason these guys think if they kill the head of snake, everybody else will go away! Sorry guys, I am just a little clog in a big wheel! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »
I have a good connection with a higher ping being in Europe. I'd give my right arm for a low ping.

Bruv seems to do OK {snicker}  :devil

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
Years ago when I first started doing first person shooters, most people had Dial up. Dialup players would lag all over the place, your aim had to be 50% faster and better then a cable user to even stay on par. Cable users would whine "waah he lags everywhere then comes out of no where" fact is Cable users don't have the reaction time of dialup users who have to do everything faster or they will just lag themselves to death.
I've played on Dialup, Cable and Fiber optics. Ever try flying on Dialup? One minute the con is 6k in front of you, next minute its 800 yards zooming past you. If you think the fact the internet downloads slow is an advantage, you clearly have NEVER played a game on dialup or satellite.

One of the reasons I quit aces because my home in Montana has Satellite internet, the download speed is decent, but there is NO upload speed which causes me to spike and lag around, trying to fly? its not worth it. Its great for reading the internet, movies and music but not gaming.
I last had dialup in 1998, never again will I go online being that slow - if I do I would quit the internet all together.

Before you whine about it, try using dialup for a day - you will be thankful of your cable internet, now stop whinin. Only girlie men whine. Don't be a girlie man.
JG 52

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:08:21 PM »
It makes it suck for both about equally, I'd say.  The guy who's defensive may warp in the gunsight some, but he also doesn't have the information to defend effectively because the guy who's offensive will also be warping on his end.  It might not be a big deal if he's just stick stirring I suppose.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »
Bruv seems to do OK {snicker}  :devil

Easily explained; transmission loss causes more bullets to be needed to break stuff.

bruv shoots better than I do.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
I play on satellite connection.....rarely is it nice and stable.....I know I am warping because everyone around me is warping.....

some collisions I get damage some I dont....it depends if I saw a collision on my end or not.....

I know if I didnt like AH so damn much it would drive me away.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »

The player with the good connection will have the advantage, even though at times it will not look like it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
I play on satellite connection.....rarely is it nice and stable.....I know I am warping because everyone around me is warping.....

some collisions I get damage some I dont....it depends if I saw a collision on my end or not.....

I know if I didnt like AH so damn much it would drive me away.

INK,

Thank you. I've always noticed it took a few more rounds to damage your Ki84. A few other pigs have noticed it. In the future if I'm sure it's yours, I will understand I just need more rounds. I'll pass that along to the piggies. You have a signature Ki84 style and easy to appreciate.

Now back to business as usual........................ .. :furious
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 05:17:40 PM »
The player on offense is favored by the slow connection regardless of which player has the slow connection.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
We need ping ENY...yeah, that's the ticket :rock

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
INK,

Thank you. I've always noticed it took a few more rounds to damage your Ki84. A few other pigs have noticed it. In the future if I'm sure it's yours, I will understand I just need more rounds. I'll pass that along to the piggies. You have a signature Ki84 style and easy to appreciate.

Now back to business as usual........................ .. :furious

ehh its the KI not my connect

she is a tough bird....when I was on comcast I got one of the best cheat accusations ever because of the damage she took and still flew away with five kills....they were all trying to kill me so I am guessing that is what pissed them off and not the fact that they got a few rounds into me and I didnt go down.....

people think because it is Japanese it is weak...that is the furthest thing from the truth, the reason I took up the KI as my main ride was the toughness of it....and that was back when I had a very stable comcast connection.