Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 4869 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2014, 02:26:32 AM »
Hey Skuzzy,
Dunno where i was offensive or did anything but pointing out his behaviour, but what ever.  :)
AoM
City of ice

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Hey Skuzzy,
Dunno where i was offensive or did anything but pointing out his behaviour, but what ever.  :)
Beee careeefulll my friend.

Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
I will take on all comers in the DA any time.  I may not win but I won't be easy meat either.

Anyone can dive into a mosh pit and get kills.  Fighting smart is much harder and is what I aim to do.  I have much to learn, still, but  I would rather be known for being a smart fighter than a brash one.

There is a time to fight and a time to extend.

This is nothing more than an excuse and obviously you can't do well in a "Mosh pit".

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
in your mind maybe  :rolleyes:

I respect people who are men of their words...not "how" they play a game.

you saying you are fearless...and then saying you wont even engage a single con who has ALT on you.....are the exact opposite of the spectrum

I wont explain the conclusion I get from reading what you type....
have fun with that :aok

:salute

I engage wisely, not stupidly. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:05 PM »

This is nothing more than an excuse and obviously you can't do well in a "Mosh pit".

I have my moments.   I am learning.   Be careful.   :salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
I engage wisely, not stupidly. 

cool beans....

post up a vid when your "smart" flying...teaches you to kill 5 nme cons....by yourself...with no vulching in a 5vs1 or more.

I wont hold my breath.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2014, 03:58:32 AM »
Beee careeefulll my friend.

(Image removed from quote.)
:)
You might be spot on.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »

Extend means I do not reverse at 1.5K.    I get to at least 5K then turn into the bad guy.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2014, 01:28:55 PM »
cool beans....

post up a vid when your "smart" flying...teaches you to kill 5 nme cons....by yourself...with no vulching in a 5vs1 or more.

I wont hold my breath.

I will when it happens.   Working my way up to that point one step at a time.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2014, 06:18:29 AM »
That won't happen by "extending" running past icon's range.

I forget how long I'd been here exactly, ~4-6 months or so, got a 6 kill sortie no rearm after I finally got off the runway. It was sweet justice, field was deacked, a friendly and I finally got up, guess they all liked him instead, but I was on that day. Never repeated that performance to date to be exact, I've had 6kill sortie's since but they involved rearms and bomber kills.

Anyhow your wish as almost all of have stated would forseeably increase they amount of ganging, not decrease it. I see your train of thought that some might say I'm not going to gang 'cause "I don't know if I can put enough led in him" to get any credit. Yet, you see ppl here blow all kinds of E adv to come down and get an assist instead of fight the higher con. Maybe it's a let none get away mentality or a collection of I want an assist, he needs to die, etc.

Many long time and intelligent players have weighed in and they think it'll increase because now it's actually worth some perks to try and get that assist, gang or not. The sum of said players and their exp in years is probably older than you. 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »
That won't happen by "extending" running past icon's range.

I forget how long I'd been here exactly, ~4-6 months or so, got a 6 kill sortie no rearm after I finally got off the runway. It was sweet justice, field was deacked, a friendly and I finally got up, guess they all liked him instead, but I was on that day. Never repeated that performance to date to be exact, I've had 6kill sortie's since but they involved rearms and bomber kills.

Anyhow your wish as almost all of have stated would forseeably increase they amount of ganging, not decrease it. I see your train of thought that some might say I'm not going to gang 'cause "I don't know if I can put enough led in him" to get any credit. Yet, you see ppl here blow all kinds of E adv to come down and get an assist instead of fight the higher con. Maybe it's a let none get away mentality or a collection of I want an assist, he needs to die, etc.

Many long time and intelligent players have weighed in and they think it'll increase because now it's actually worth some perks to try and get that assist, gang or not. The sum of said players and their exp in years is probably older than you.  

1/10.

Again, "We are right because we have always done it that way."

Whatever.

I will extend when I want and fight when I want how I want.  I will not enter every single fight just because you say I should.  If you wish to fight every time and never extend that's your business.  I will learn my limitations and fight within them.  

I will learn to recognize an untenable situation and get out of it.   You feel free to stay in it past that point by rote and lose.  That's your prerogative.

All this combined "experience" you tout as a positive reeks of groupthink and lack of a fresh eye view.   That's your right, but a right doesn't prevent one from being very very wrong.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:41:59 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
I will extend when I want and fight when I want how I want.  I will not enter every single fight just because you say I should.  If you wish to fight every time and never extend that's your business. I will learn my limitations and fight within them.

Those limitations are most often internally set by the fear of the unknown or inability to risk. Leaving your comfort zone is sometimes the best way to learn what you're capable of. At the very least, in case you are found in the same situation, you'll be able to use experience earned previously.

Play any way you wish but keep in mind my above comment the next time you find yourself forced into an unfamiliar situation. it is good advise for Aces High and life itself.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:12:52 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2014, 12:00:28 PM »
Those limitations are most often internally set by the fear or the unknown to inability to risk. Leaving your comfort zone is sometimes the best way to learn what you're capable of. At the very least, in case you are found in the same situation, you'll be able to use experience earned previously.

Play any way you wish but keep in mind my above comment the next time you find yourself forced into an unfamiliar situation. it is good advise for Aces High and life itself.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat.

Would you jump into an F-4 Phantom and zoom around the sky without ever having attended ground school or earned a type rating in any kind of jet?

Would you fight in it against 11 Su-27s?

I press my limits within reason.   Diving below a group of ten F4Us and saying, "Come and get me" isn't a way to learn anything other than dying.

In the meantime, I practice against better players in the DA and get coaching on how to improve, then apply those lessons in the MA.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:02:31 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Would you jump into an F-4 Phantom and zoom around the sky without ever having attended ground school or earned a type rating in any kind of jet?

I press my limits within reason.   Diving below a group of ten F4Us and saying, "Come and get me" isn't a way to learn anything other than dying.

That's the difference between a game and real life.  Here you can dive below 10 f4s and you did need to be checked out or rated for whichever plane your flying. Should you fail you grab another plane and think of how you might have won the last fight.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2014, 12:54:15 PM »

I press my limits within reason.   Diving below a group of ten F4Us and saying, "Come and get me" isn't a way to learn anything other than dying.
October tour, fighter rank. Check what the numero uno was flying. Ask anyone, how he was flying.

Not trying to look big or anything, but frequently pushing yourself and your plane beyong its abilities is the way towards leaving any limits behind. From the top50 fighter sticks i know, 40 would give you the same advice.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:56:30 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice