Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 4868 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Would you jump into an F-4 Phantom and zoom around the sky without ever having attended ground school or earned a type rating in any kind of jet?

Would you fight in it against 11 Su-27s?

I press my limits within reason.   Diving below a group of ten F4Us and saying, "Come and get me" isn't a way to learn anything other than dying.

In the meantime, I practice against better players in the DA and get coaching on how to improve, then apply those lessons in the MA.  

I think you may have forgotten that AH is a game.
Retired

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:54 PM »
The problem is, everybody's 'it's only a game' slider is different.

A lot of the same people who are on about it only being a game get down on HOing, because you're putting yourself in front of the other guy's guns, it requires no skill, just pointing your plane at the guy and rolling the dice on a 50/50 whether you're a better shot than he is.  It ends either or both of your sorties quickly, with not much happening.  It's only a game though, right?  It's worth the chance because you can just reup another plane if it doesn't work out, right?

Yet many of these same people who are down on HOing are more than happy to fling themselves into the bottom of a red cloud.  The eventual outcome is certain, the only question is how many you might happen to take with you.  I say, what's the difference between the two?  By putting yourself in a position where you're assured to die, it's little different than taking the 50/50 HO, yet one is reviled, the other is advocated as the One True Way to play the game by the chest thumpers.

Throwing yourself into a red cloud when you can only track 1 or 2 planes at a time isn't fun for some, it's not a learning experience, it's an exercise in getting slapped down.  Once you've got the SA to track multiples, then you can start engaging multiples effectively.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
I think you may have forgotten that AH is a game.

The point of which is to win, not lose, just like every other game, including Red Flag.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
That's the difference between a game and real life.  Here you can dive below 10 f4s and you did need to be checked out or rated for whichever plane your flying. Should you fail you grab another plane and think of how you might have won the last fight.

I don't like that approach.  I fight smart and when I lose learn from THAT to get smarter.  

The poster above (Wiley) gets it.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »
The point of which is to win, not lose, just like every other game, including Red Flag.

but in this game, and others, you can learn by losing.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
but in this game, and others, you can learn by losing.

But there are different kinds of losing.  If you're coming in cold and want to learn to box, you don't step in the ring with Mike Tyson with a ten million dollar purse on the line.  The only thing you're going to learn is what a concussion feels like.

Same thing in here.  If you aren't aware enough of what is going on around you and just completely overwhelmed, there's no learning to be done beyond 'My SA needs to get better.'

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »

I don't like that approach.  I fight smart and when I lose learn from THAT to get smarter. 

The poster above (Wiley) gets it.
You are cheating. Not in this game, its just a game, who cares. Youre cheating yourself, thinking that you might be better, look bigger, get a better score, even a K/D of 50. And? Once a medicore stick catches you, you will be dead in 2 turns. Just you and him, equal chances, still you will lose every single time. You will realise it, and will play to avoid them. To avoid contacts with your playing partners. You will play and pay not to see combat in a combat game. Such a majestic goal, isnt it?

Youre lost, a noone, and following the path youre on, you will never be anyone. Good luck in promoting your lies. Give yourself a medal of honor.

This is my opinion. Might be harsh, i dont really care. Flame on.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
Lighten up Debrody.

Vraciu is my friend :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Lighten up Debrody.

Told my point straight and clean - feeling better now - time to forget this wannabe.

Wont post in this thread any more.
 :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »
Lighten up Debrody.

Thanks, bud.   :cheers:

Funny he continues to imply I don't or won't fight.  Nowhere did I say that I avoid combat.  Debrody proceeds from a false assumption and incorrect, self-devised premise.

Zones, I think you know full well that I engage.  You have my scalp to prove it. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

you already said you wont fight if you don't like the situation.

I find it funny that you think you will actually get better by being cautious....and yet call yourself "fearless"....then compare things in the real world to this game.....as reasons you wont fight while you don't have advantage.....

you are like a walking oxymoron. 

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2014, 05:37:45 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

you already said you wont fight if you don't like the situation.

I find it funny that you think you will actually get better by being cautious....and yet call yourself "fearless"....then compare things in the real world to this game.....as reasons you wont fight while you don't have advantage.....

you are like a walking oxymoron.  

I will fight but I will try to push things closer to equal terms if disadvantaged first unless I think I can reverse the bad guy by engaging.

Learn to read.  I never said I won't fight without an advantage.  Stop lying.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »
I will fight but I will try to push things closer to equal terms if disadvantaged first unless I think I can reverse the bad guy by engaging.

Learn to read.  I never said I won't fight without an advantage.  Stop lying.

:rofl

maybe you should go back.....and reread what you said.... :aok

here because YOU said I am lying I will go back and find that post.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
Depends on my energy state.   I will extend and reverse if disadvantaged.  Otherwise I will fight right away. 

you need to say what you mean and mean what you say.....

you cant be "fearless" and flee...err......"extend" when disadvantaged.....

fighting the fights where YOU have the advantage teaches you NOTHING.....

its the fights that you lose.....the fights against better Numbers....better Altitude opponent ....better planes....that you will learn the fastest.

ether way I am done with this convo and you. :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »

you need to say what you mean and mean what you say.....

you cant be "fearless" and flee...err......"extend" when disadvantaged.....

fighting the fights where YOU have the advantage teaches you NOTHING.....

its the fights that you lose.....the fights against better Numbers....better Altitude opponent ....better planes....that you will learn the fastest.

ether way I am done with this convo and you. :aok

Extend and reverse.  Not extend and go home.   When you have E on me I am gonna try and drag you into wasting your advantage wherever possible unless I am just feeling foggy that day.

That is a far cry from your continuous libel, "You will only fight when you have the advantage."

It is a spectrum with sure defeat on one end and assured victory on the other.  Neutral is in the middle.  Guess you missed that  

Frankly, I am glad you're shutting up.  You only contribute insults and lies about me any way.

Also, extending is part of a fight.  For someone who claims to be such an ACM stud I have to wonder why this most basic aspect of dogfighting is lost on you.  That explains why you indulge in ad hominems.  Better to distract from your own deficiencies that way perhaps...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:22:26 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned