Author Topic: Dispersed Strats  (Read 4092 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Dispersed Strats
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 01:25:33 PM »
You had thebalance right before in 2008ish;

Multiple strats and bases that were controlled by zone bases.

But now rather than individual strats sat in the open alone have the larger complex strats take their place.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
I havent been able to log in since december since my comp went south. However it sounds like the strats are no longer together and are spread out like they were waaaay back when. I thought of this while reading all the posts here. Why not have the spread out system and a " grouped" strat system? The spread out strats is worth 50% of the overall strat " health" and the grouped strats makeup the other 50%. So you have your good ole tome hunting parties and your massive bomber missions. 

Just a thought.
<S>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »
I havent been able to log in since december since my comp went south. However it sounds like the strats are no longer together and are spread out like they were waaaay back when. I thought of this while reading all the posts here. Why not have the spread out system and a " grouped" strat system? The spread out strats is worth 50% of the overall strat " health" and the grouped strats makeup the other 50%. So you have your good ole tome hunting parties and your massive bomber missions. 

Has been proposed earlier and would be great. Especially if considering that strats have still the same huge impact on the map, but are now much easier and faster to take out for the most part.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:57 AM »
Dispersed is not fun, concentrated in same place was a great target for large bomber raids, fun to attack and defend;  now are just ignored spots on the map; I like centralized but not mobile;   next to HQ and uncapturable bases in Komets range on all maps; anyway the Komet price was increased way to high for average player to afford it ;
I understand the reason for mobile strats was the large maps; but boring large maps are dominating MA 80-90% of the time, killing this game, considering the number of players this days and difficulty for base capture ;impossible to reset and hang there for a week until automatic system resets kicks in; boring gaming;

What can be done?!  
1. take out of rotation all large maps, until we have 1000 players online every day;
2. reduce the automatic server map reset to maximum 24-36 hours for large maps; I believe they stay  6-7 days if none of the teams wins it? !
3.or reduce the large map reset percentage requirement to 5% base captured , and increase to 25-30% for small maps;
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:11:07 AM by ghi »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
Dispersed is not fun, concentrated in same place was a great target for large bomber raids, fun to attack and defend;  now are just ignored spots on the map; I like centralized but not mobile;   next to HQ and uncapturable bases in Komets range on all maps; anyway the Komet price was increased way to high for average player to afford it

The 'average' player couldn't really afford the Komet before. I'm currently analyzing the plane stats of 2013, apparently the raise of the Me 163 perk price had only a very short time impact, kill numbers were back up very quickly and stayed that way.
Having central strats protected by Komets all the time on all maps is not a good idea. It's a very disproportionate deterrent, as many players understandably don't fancy the thought of flying 60 minutes to target just to blown out of the sky by a guy conveniently waiting for them to come in range and then zooming to 25k in less than 3 minutes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2014, 03:09:24 PM »
I squealed like a little girl when I saw that the factories were spread out. I was so happy.  :rock
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"