Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4532 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 02:46:22 AM »
This is war game with war mentalities... the prettythanghole$ on the other team shut your team down.. watcha gonna do about it? It's not like people in the real war could call quits and call BS when they destroyed towns and bases..

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 02:50:42 AM »
Bah, this game is about killing other player-controlled machines. Anything that makes it more difficult for the machines to meet up is bad for gameplay.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 03:34:58 AM »
You could always jump in a goon and fix it?

What he said.

Or ask other players where a fight is happening. Even ask the other countries, but you already know that...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 04:36:22 AM »
So... instead of grabbing a goon and going to help fix the HQ, you'd rather complain about the mechanic?

It's pretty uncommon for the HQ to be taken out, and the last time I saw it happen to my team, we ended up in a 20 man goon hoard that swarmed it with supplies.

Grab a goon, yell for some more goons, and drop supplies, get bomber perks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:40:09 AM by Shade »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 04:57:01 AM »
. . . And then promptly logged out. . .

You're too good to fly a goon, huh? That should cost you perks!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:36 AM »
You're too good to fly a goon, huh? That should cost you perks!
That.

I love when HQ is down,makes it more realistic. :aok

Quit crying like a girl. :lol

This game and its little crybaby's. :banana:
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 08:00:21 AM »
Funny his the Bish seem to cry hardest about the crap they do on a regular basis. I remember them hoarding all the way to Rook strats a month or two ago and pretty much kept hammering it for well over 24 hours. Could've easily won the map if they applied their tactics to Kinghts for a while but decided as a group it was more fun to grief.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
Taking down the HG is hard +1

Flying without dar bar or dar assistance except for flashing bases is hard +1

Flying without dar is great practice for the FSO +1

Adding more to the challenge that is Aces High +1

Running an intercept to stop buffs at high alt from taking out HQ is hard +1
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »
I have to agree with Caldera, on a big map with some 200 players online, I would log too.
maybe you should not see the dots on radar, but the bar itself, and make a tank bar too.

+1

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
When we lose HQ (something that is entirely preventable). I land and up goons to resupply the HQ. HQ raiders are easily spotted and tracked by the darbar.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 08:42:37 AM »
I can't understand people complaining about a game progressing the way it's intended to. It's part of the game, was meant to be done, just as it happened and there are remedies for such things happening. If you logged, you abandoned your fellow players and possibly squadmates along with them. BRILLIANT!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »
Smart HQ attackers leave some of their cap over the HQ, because  C47's are easy kills, M8's too...

I have seen that more than one time, effectively changing that resupply 20 minutes to approx one hour.

First wave of C47 where shot down by some P51's,  climbing to 15k mustangs took time, first not finding them without radar/radar bar, chasing them away took more  time, by then the HQ re-upped by itself, no-one wanted to fly the C47 as long as the strat's flashed.

Many Rooks logged even before enemy fighter cap where gone, trying to find fights in a 25*25 mile sector with a flashing field, maybe lucky meeting 1 or unlucky meeting 25 enemies, not knowing if friendlies / squaddies are close or not.

Finding the fight is what this game is all about.

When we lose HQ (something that is entirely preventable). I land and up goons to resupply the HQ. HQ raiders are easily spotted and tracked by the darbar.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
The maximum a HQ stays down is 70mins w/rdr strat at 0%, default is what 45mins. Each goon -4mins from dt. Ain't that big 'o deal.  :ahand
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
I can't understand people complaining about a game progressing the way it's intended to. It's part of the game, was meant to be done, just as it happened and there are remedies for such things happening. If you logged, you abandoned your fellow players and possibly squadmates along with them. BRILLIANT!

It is a badly thought out part of the game that prevents people from finding each other for fights, which thing is already difficult enough off-peak. If someone on my own chess-piece was after dropping the enemy DAR, I'd tell them to stop griefing and get in a fighter plane. After all, without DAR the enemy will have trouble knowing which base you are coming to, and someone might hypothetically have to drop them subtle hints on 200 :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
It happens to all countries and the tools are there to repair the problem and repay those who took it down.  I would not log, just channel that rage at the red guys. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!