Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4535 times)

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »
If hitting the hq must only effect the radar system, have it only cause the loss of field radars and not the dar bar.  Additional effects from the hq could be incorporated into winning the war in some manner that justifies the time and effort to attack it, just don't make everyone blind in the process.
It's funny you mention this. I've always felt the local field radar (dot dar) should stay up in these situations. After all they were locally controlled and can still be eliminated locally anyway. IMO darbar should go down but feild radar should remain operational until the tower goes down.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »
Now you're either insulting me or you have bad taste in comedic actors, but you're pretty enough to get away with it.

I can't believe you're giving us this Oscar-worthy comedy improv for free.  Sing your Channukka song again, that gets everyone in stitches!
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 01:11:04 PM »
If this were Bish doing it to Knights would you have the same objections, or would you  :banana:

If you can answer that honestly and say that its garbage all the way around, then it's probably lonely over there for you.

There are strategic reasons for taking the HQ down. A few days ago nobody wanted to help me take a base, so I hit bish ack, hit bish city, then went and deacked a field, moved cv closer, went and took down your hq and then hit the town with the cv, after all that I flew a goon in and captured. Was a lot of work, but rewarding to me, although I don't often have the time to do all that, many others here have way more time and do much less.

Maybe your solution is to switch countries if it's that frustrating?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:12:56 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »
Chess piece loyalty... Never could figure that one out.  :huh
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 01:17:41 PM »
Chess piece loyalty... Never could figure that one out.  :huh
I could never figure out why someone would choose AH to play in GV's , but to each his or her own.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
I could never figure out why someone would choose AH to play in GV's , but to each his or her own.

:lol +1

wish they had their own server.  :noid

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:15 PM »
It's funny you mention this. I've always felt the local field radar (dot dar) should stay up in these situations. After all they were locally controlled and can still be eliminated locally anyway. IMO darbar should go down but feild radar should remain operational until the tower goes down.

Maybe so, but the information from that radar would only be available locally if, as I imagine it, the Hq takes the information from the radar and relays in to areas out of radio range.  For instance if your dar was up, it could only show maybe to those within that radar circle when HQ's are down.

I've always imagined our darbar and radar as a simulation of what ground observers, radar operators and other aircraft would give as information all the way up to HQ.

It is certainly more of a challenge to find an aircraft with no dar bars.  There is no lazily flying along not having to look out your canopy because you know there is no threat in your sector.  There is no lazily flying along with your nose pointed at the red dot within your dar circle.  It's harder.  The harder the effort the greater the rewards.

Get in your aircraft, grab a wingman, and go hunting......................
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:01:57 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:34 PM »
We had this thought, closing that particular country down COMPLETELY for a couple of hours.
ie all Strat and all fields that where not captured would be down with  jabos and buffs waiting to hit buildings that upped.

Then again .... we want someone to fight, not anything else.

It happens to all countries and the tools are there to repair the problem and repay those who took it down.  I would not log, just channel that rage at the red guys. :aok
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
Who gives a crap about dar?
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen it down more than 10 mins. I'm sure the guys on appreciate you logging in, taking a screen shot and crying on the BBS rather than spending the 3 min flight to the HQ with supplies. Well thought out.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »
Like I said, while looking for fights and being in a furball is my favorite thing about the game, it's a war game country VS country and the point is to shut the other team down. Its really not that hard to find a fight. Take off on some front line base with a p47n heavy in attack mode and pork a base or something. I almost garuntee that some one will up and attempt to stop you. If not at least you can get some points by porking.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
Its really not that hard to find a fight. Take off on some front line base with a p47n heavy in attack mode and pork a base or something. I almost garuntee that some one will up and attempt to stop you. If not at least you can get some points by porking.

QFT. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen it down more than 10 mins. I'm sure the guys on appreciate you logging in, taking a screen shot and crying on the BBS rather than spending the 3 min flight to the HQ with supplies. Well thought out.

Did you really look at the map?  What kind of fuel are you running in your C-47, Liquid Schwartz?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
If one wanted to simulate flying cargo planes, there are probably better flight sims out there for that sort of thing. Most players are paying their $15 bucks a month to aerial *combat*, not air-lifting.

Agreed.

I would do the same thing as caldera if I logged in and saw that.

I wouldn't even know what to do with a goon to get the HQ up again...leave all that land grabbing crap to the people who can't fight.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
It does not help you if enemy have pickers still at the HQ, they force you to up fighters and then, maybe do your milk run.
Smart enemies make you pay with you time.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera