Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4653 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Logged in and saw this
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »

And then promptly logged out.  Losing darbars sux on so many levels.  Here's hoping they change the HQ destruction parameters along with the new terrain. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
Compliments of the Rooks.  :aok

We had a hell of a time dealing with the 7 163s that were harassing the bombers, I think we earned it.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »
So you enjoy people logging off?

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
Knowing the bish HQ is probably back up by now.

Loosing HQ is not the worst thing that could happen. Communication can overcome a lack of radar easily. I've been having some pretty stale fights with the bish lately anyway. A lot of people lost B-29s in that raid, so as far as I'm concerned, both sides are suffering equally.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »
Why couldn't the HQ be defended?  There is a base nearby with Me 163s enabled, there is really no excuse on not being able to scramble any defenders, well, laziness I guess would be one.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »
Losing darbars sux on so many levels. 

Do the bases continue to flash if enemy a/c are nearby, even if you've lost the DAR bars?

- oldman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
Why couldn't the HQ be defended?  There is a base nearby with Me 163s enabled, there is really no excuse on not being able to scramble any defenders, well, laziness I guess would be one.

ack-ack

I don't know why.  It was down when I logged in.  There were at least 7 163s defending, according to one of the griefers.  If the enemy still gets through the defenders, does that make the remainder of the country's population lazy?  They were in the middle of fighting/bombing/tanking but should have all bailed out and upped 163s? 

Do the bases continue to flash if enemy a/c are nearby, even if you've lost the DAR bars?

- oldman

Look out the tower window of a flashing base...ok, coast is clear - I can take off.  Fly around for a few minutes without spotting anything but still flashing.  Is it a set of 25k bombers?  Are they north, south, east or west?  Or they coming, going or just passing through the dar circle?  Is it one tank or a bunch?  A 10k P-51 steamroller mission or a single noe porker.  Maybe just a goon parked somewhere.  Several other bases are flashing.  Should I try my luck there?  Is there a fight going on?  Who the hell knows? 

The point I'm trying to make is the loss of darbars is a detriment to combat in a combat game. 

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:20 PM »
 :huh

Griefing?  Seriously???

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I like that one.  "Griefing" the HQ.

:rofl

What I'm trying to understand is how the "changing HQ parameters" thing fits into all this.  The HQ was destroyed, not damaged.  So you are saying that a destroyed HQ should still function as if nothing happened?  I'm a little confused there...  If the DESTROYED HQ should still show something for dar, then what is the point of having it in the first place???  At that point it should be removed.  Why not go to the wishlist section and wish for it to be removed?  No one would have to worry about this issue again. :headscratch:

I could careless regardless.  Having logged in more than a few times to a downed HQ, this hasn't stopped me from doing anything.  If anything, I seem to attract enemies more when I up for anything when our HQ is down. :bhead

Griefing...

:lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »

And then promptly logged out.  Losing darbars sux on so many levels.  Here's hoping they change the HQ destruction parameters along with the new terrain. 

Seriously, you get disappointed way too easily.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 12:09:13 AM »
Geeez Louise, the dar comes back!! Sheesh.
Retired

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13:53 AM »
You could always jump in a goon and fix it?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 01:00:48 AM »
If you've been online and gotten into the fights in a particular part of the map losing HQ isn't that big of a deal but if you're just logging on and it's down it's sometimes more difficult to find out where the fights are, particularily if it's off peak.  I've logged off in that situation too but to me it really doesn't matter as I play so little as it is.

Maybe a solution would be a set of neutral colored dar bars just so you'd have an indication of where to look on the map but without knowing country specifics.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 01:02:52 AM »
If you've been online and gotten into the fights in a particular part of the map losing HQ isn't that big of a deal but if you're just logging on and it's down it's sometimes more difficult to find out where the fights are, particularily if it's off peak.  I've logged off in that situation too but to me it really doesn't matter as I play so little as it is.

Maybe a solution would be a set of neutral colored dar bars just so you'd have an indication of where to look on the map but without knowing country specifics.

You are onto something there! :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 02:36:07 AM »
I have to agree with Caldera, on a big map with some 200 players online, I would log too.
maybe you should not see the dots on radar, but the bar itself, and make a tank bar too.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:37:47 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 02:39:43 AM »
Some people just don't dont understand the concept of losing a war battle.... yet they will promote it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion