Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9502 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
WBs was two sided.   We had balance issues that became more problematic over time as the numbers declined....   But we at least could balance it out more easily than in here.

When did WB chuck the 4 country system?  When I played (granted it was 16 years ago), it still had the 4 country system but was starting the crappy rolling plane set.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »
Really?  I think you should ask around outside of the AoM / Blue Knights circle.  You might be surprised by what you hear.  

I'm assuming members of your clique care to hear and consider dissenting opinions rather than dismissing them out of hand.  The established historical precedents are not of joining together, holding hands and singing kumbaya for either side of the issue.

Why would I ask outside of these groups? If I wanted information or knowledge about something, would I not seek out the best if I could? You do not go to a grade school teacher to learn the complexity of calculus!

Every single member in the AOM / Blue Knight circle started and inhabited our place outside of that circle. These 2 groups (not the only 2) have cultivated a wealth of AH2 experience and understanding, and if the majority in groups such as these think a certain way, maybe just maybe it is from experience and "time served" NOT because I/they are part of some clique!! The members of these 2 groups are some of the most opinionated, single minded d0vchebags I've never had the pleasure to meet. They know this game cause they came up thru it. There is no clique, there is a standard!! The standard is not what you think it would be, but make no mistake the standard is high!

Let me speak for myself, as I know 1st hand each of them has no issue with speaking for themselves.

#1 - I do not consider AOM, Blue Knights and others a "clique".

#2 - I have no problem dismissing "out of hand" any dissenting opinion if I think it is wrong.

#3 - These groups "and others like them" have more experience, knowledge and understanding of this game than virtually all other groups combined.

#4 - The opinion of these groups weighs more than the opinion of others who have not the same experience, knowledge and understanding.

#5 - The long term historical precedent you speak of is rife with the experience, knowledge and understanding of these groups of players.

#6 - The 12 hour rule is a detriment to game play, it hinders choice and freedom. It stifles fun and it is one of the reasons I no longer play.

#7 - Changing it could be one of the reasons for my return!

JUGgler
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:11:05 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »
Why would I ask outside of these groups? If I wanted information or knowledge about something, would I not seek out the best if I could? You do not go to a grade school teacher to learn the complexity of calculus!

Every single member in the AOM / Blue Knight circle started and inhabited our place outside of that circle. These 2 groups (not the only 2) have cultivated a wealth of AH2 experience and understanding, and if the majority in groups such as these think a certain way, maybe just maybe it is from experience and "time served" NOT because I/they are part of some clique!! The members of these 2 groups are some of the most opinionated, single minded d0vchebags I've never had the pleasure to meet. They know this game cause they came up thru it. There is no clique, there is a standard!! The standard is not what you think it would be, but make no mistake the standard is high!

Let me speak for myself, as I know 1st hand each of them has no issue with speaking for themselves.

#1 - I do not consider AOM, Blue Knights and others a "clique".

#2 - I have no problem dismissing "out of hand" any dissenting opinion if I think it is wrong.

#3 - These groups "and others like them" have more experience, knowledge and understanding of this game than virtually all other groups combined.

#4 - The opinion of these groups weighs more than the opinion of others who have not the same experience, knowledge and understanding.

#5 - The long term historical precedent you speak of is rife with the experience, knowledge and understanding of these groups of players.

#6 - The 12 hour rule is a detriment to game play, it hinders choice and freedom. It stifles fun and it is one of the reasons I no longer play.

#7 - Changing it could be one of the reasons for my return!

JUGgler

CLIQUE: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially :  one held together by common interests, views, or purposes.

Ref: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clique

"Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elitea select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributesre those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern."

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

ELITISM: 1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Ref: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Elitist+snob

SNOB: A snob is a person who believes in the existence of an equation between status and human worth.[1] The term also refers to a person who believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, power, physical strength, class, taste, beauty, nationality, fame, extreme success of a family member or friend, etc. Often this form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both.[citation needed] Both definitions are used as a pejorative.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snob

Thank you for your refreshing honesty, candor and input.   Also thank you for making my points more eloquently than I ever could.    :salute
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:35:01 PM by Hoplite »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:04:01 AM by hitech »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »

CLIQUE: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially :  one held together by common interests, views, or purposes.

Ref: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clique

"Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elitea select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributesre those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern."

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

ELITISM: 1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Ref: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Elitist+snob

SNOB: A snob is a person who believes in the existence of an equation between status and human worth.[1] The term also refers to a person who believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, power, physical strength, class, taste, beauty, nationality, fame, extreme success of a family member or friend, etc. Often this form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both.[citation needed] Both definitions are used as a pejorative.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snob

Thank you for your refreshing honesty, candor and input.   Also thank you for making my points more eloquently than I ever could.    :salute

I see this has digressed to personal attacks.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2014, 07:55:18 PM »
To be honest you do look like a what is it the muppets say ankle humper?  :rofl

Pretty much.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2014, 08:07:20 PM »
Grats fulcrum.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2014, 08:09:24 PM »

oh wow, did you participate in the first a few pages back?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
oh wow, did you participate in the first a few pages back?

semp

Semp,

You keep swinging for the fence and end up grounding out to the catcher.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »

No sir.  Simply highlighting that his points meet the classic definition of a clique, and to call out other factors that might contribute to the unwillingness to see other viewpoints.

To be honest you do look like a what is it the muppets say ankle humper?  :rofl

No.  I have no interest in humping any ankle or joining any clique.  I am merely defending my opinion.  Do you have something constructive to add to the conversation?

Pretty much.

I would say it has now digressed to that point.  

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:13:07 PM by Hoplite »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
No.  I have no interest in humping any ankle or joining any clique.  I am merely defending my opinion.  Do you have something constructive to add to the conversation?

I cannot really keep posting it just makes me feel like I am bullying semp and wasting my time at the same time, I just thought that was funny I have noticed it in a general sense were you in their squad or something?

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
I cannot really keep posting it just makes me feel like I am bullying semp and wasting my time at the same time, I just thought that was funny I have noticed it in a general sense were you in their squad or something?

Ah yes.  Thank you for the input.

I think this has gone on too long and continuing will simply drag it into the mud.  Not my intent or interest to do so.   

:salute all.  I hope you get your request concerning the side switch times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Oh sump, the envy in you is strong.

Where did you learn to argue? He didn't say "he switched to take advantage of the fact that he knew where the bombers were", he said "he switched sides to fight against a horde"! Is there something wrong with your comprehension and or reading skills?

JUGgler

apparently there's something wrong with your comprehension and or reading skills.  let me show you the original quotes.

oh grizz you are the poster child of why there shouldnt be a 1 hour switch time during prime time.  or you also gonna deny how you would land and see buffs upping and promply switch and bring a 262.  but hey look at the bright side you did make #1 many  times  :salute.

semp

and here's grizz's reply.

Semp last time I checked, bombers have guns. So what if I did that? I was flying on a side with an absolutely redonkulous green horde and I said hey wouldn't that be fun to switch sides and go fight against 20+ enemies in my jet versus fighting over scraps with a bunch of hungry malnourished hyenas like yourself. I'm proud of the fact I have a pair of balls and am not afraid to switch sides to fight against a horde, jet or not. And fyi, fighting a horde in a jet and actually being lethal is harder to do than anything else in the game. I can't even do it worth a damn anymore because I no longer have that level of skill.

as usual first he admits he was flying with the "horde".  then he admits he switched to take advantage of where buffs were taken from, as he landed on the same base.  and second he "forgets" that it was during prime time when it was a "horde" against "horde" as you like to call it.

like I said, you guys are the exact reason  why during prime time there shouldnt be a 1 hour switch time.  after hours it's a different story.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »

dude my squad has nothing to do with this.  when I speak, I speak for myself and not for my squad.

and trust me you arent bullying me.  you actually make me laugh.

semp

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
apparently there's something wrong with your comprehension and or reading skills.  let me show you the original quotes.

and here's grizz's reply.

as usual first he admits he was flying with the "horde".  then he admits he switched to take advantage of where buffs were taken from, as he landed on the same base.  and second he "forgets" that it was during prime time when it was a "horde" against "horde" as you like to call it.

like I said, you guys are the exact reason  why during prime time there shouldnt be a 1 hour switch time.  after hours it's a different story.

semp

Snake bitten by semp logic again.  Well played sir, your pragmatism is over shadowed only by your flying. :salute