Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 11126 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2014, 10:55:33 PM »
did you notice your avatar?

semp

It's my avatar.  Of course I noticed it. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:20:21 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2014, 03:49:35 AM »
Ya know.....I was thinking just the other day that the post in the General forum by HT titled "this weeks update" is slightly misleading.  The words "This week's" suggest updates are a regular, weekly event from HTC.....they're not, they never have been, there's been times over the the last 15 years where a yearly update hasn't been either.  Once upon a time, many years ago, we had a Q&A forum.....

Either way, an actual 'weekly update' would go a very long way to keeping the great unwashed masses from wailing too loudly.

Actually, monthly would do....and would stop HT from having to post single word updates while still managing to mis-spell "coding".

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:12 AM »

Runescape is one of the largest online games on the web. Their graphics don't compare to any of it's higher end competitors.

Graphics are nice, but there is a price to pay for that kind of processing power.

If your friends didn't get hooked on AH maybe they aren't really interested in ww2 dog fighting or maybe it was the learning curve.

I agree, if people are going to come and stay, they have to be highly impressed with SOMETHING.

but I still say an innovative, complex game would way farther than graphics will ever take them.

You're right about Runescape, it's a very popular game. But you're missing one thing. Runescape It's free 2 play. If you had to pay a monthly subscription to play Runescape, how many people do you think would play it then? How many people do you think would play it over other games which would essentially cost the same.

The people who I mention Aces High to are already sim enthusiasts. (like I said) It seems that they've tried almost every other simulation other than Aces High.

No doubt gameplay is king.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
Ya know.....I was thinking just the other day that the post in the General forum by HT titled "this weeks update" is slightly misleading.  The words "This week's" suggest updates are a regular, weekly event from HTC.....they're not, they never have been, there's been times over the the last 15 years where a yearly update hasn't been either.  Once upon a time, many years ago, we had a Q&A forum.....

Either way, an actual 'weekly update' would go a very long way to keeping the great unwashed masses from wailing too loudly.

Actually, monthly would do....and would stop HT from having to post single word updates while still managing to mis-spell "coding".

Swoop: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTbiZpm7CZRQtwl3FjNxsg

We have been releasing updates the last three months, on what we have been doing.  When we have something to show, we do.  We know it is important while we are in this protracted development cycle.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »
Banning is unfortunate especially considering the players revenue contribution.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Banning is unfortunate especially considering the players revenue contribution.

It is unfortunate they make the choices they made, especially after being asked and then warned.

No subscription grants anyone the right to be disruptive.  This is a place of business.  All we ask is for people to give us the same consideration anyone would give to any other business (restaurant, retail store,....).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »
Sometimes it must feel like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE5aDTszrY

:)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
At least you can use a cattle prod on sheep. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »
It is unfortunate they make the choices they made, especially after being asked and then warned.

No subscription grants anyone the right to be disruptive.  This is a place of business.  All we ask is for people to give us the same consideration anyone would give to any other business (restaurant, retail store,....).

As a business person myself, I will never understand your rationale on this.  In my opinion, banning someone is a deed akin to firing an employee.  See, I always have that option...always.  The option I will not always have is the opportunity to influence them to see things how the company sees them Skuzzy.  Influencing in this case is simply providing some answer or a reason for not giving an answer.  That isn't an absurd request.  But answering curtly or purposely avoiding isn't really warning anyone.  People ask questions because they care.  If they didn't care they wouldn't ask at all nor would they reply in opposition.

You guys are the boss.  You guys have all the "wins".  If you believe anyone of us don't know you have that authority, you're underestimating all of us dweebs who have united to play this great game.  But authority and influence are not the same.  No one that I saw attempted to leverage their monthly subscription to facilitate change but that's how it appears people were dealt with.

Do any of us really deserve an answer about a decision HTC made about the game we all love so dearly that we can never stay gone for long?  Probably not.  But refusing to see that people's continued questioning of a decision is about their passion for the game, not their passion to be disruptive.
I hope the events of late have not ruined players passion for the game.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »

What are you calling disruptive? I admit I do not scour every thread on the BBS,  but are we talking about avatar protests about the 12 hour rule? And what does our subscription grant us when we want a discussion about an aspect of the game we're not happy with?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
As a business person myself, I will never understand your rationale on this.  In my opinion, banning someone is a deed akin to firing an employee.  See, I always have that option...always.  The option I will not always have is the opportunity to influence them to see things how the company sees them Skuzzy.  Influencing in this case is simply providing some answer or a reason for not giving an answer.  That isn't an absurd request.  But answering curtly or purposely avoiding isn't really warning anyone.  People ask questions because they care.  If they didn't care they wouldn't ask at all nor would they reply in opposition.

You guys are the boss.  You guys have all the "wins".  If you believe anyone of us don't know you have that authority, you're underestimating all of us dweebs who have united to play this great game.  But authority and influence are not the same.  No one that I saw attempted to leverage their monthly subscription to facilitate change but that's how it appears people were dealt with.

Do any of us really deserve an answer about a decision HTC made about the game we all love so dearly that we can never stay gone for long?  Probably not.  But refusing to see that people's continued questioning of a decision is about their passion for the game, not their passion to be disruptive.
I hope the events of late have not ruined players passion for the game.

A customer is not an employee.  A customer is my boss.  Part of my responsibility makes the customer my boss.  That is how I look at it.

When the boss decides he is going to be disruptive, and you ask him to please stop, and he does not, then you are left with little choice.  Then when the boss seeks out others to join him in his disruptive binge, it has to be stopped.

This is not about people asking questions.  This about people being disruptive to the entire community.  Much like someone ranting and raving in a restaurant.  Until you take care of that disruption, you cannot deal with anything else.  If you do not take care of it, others will join in.

It is a lot easier to have a discussion when everyone is acting with a modicum of respect.  That is all we have been asking for.  I am really sorry there was no other way to deal with this mess, but we were given no other choice.

What are you calling disruptive? I admit I do not scour every thread on the BBS,  but are we talking about avatar protests about the 12 hour rule? And what does our subscription grant us when we want a discussion about an aspect of the game we're not happy with?

I am not going to get into the details of private dealings with members of the community.  Please respect that.

Just think about this.  Do you really think we enjoy doing these things?  It was the last thing we wanted to do.

We are always open to rational, respectful communications.  What has happened in the last week, or so, was anything but that.  The rationalization used was, "Well, if HiTech had only responded to us.."  There is no rationalizing bad behavior.  Not at all.

It went from bad to worse and there seemed to be nothing we could do about it because the instigators refused to listen to any voice of reason.  They were clinging to an untenable position and then they drug others into it.  It was looking more like a plague or cancer than anything else.

Of course, there are those who would say, "you could have stopped it had you only made the change".  Guess what?  A business cannot survive by making decisions based on threats.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:59:12 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
Sorry skuzzy, I may be wrong cause I don't read every post.. But I read most of what was typed on the subject in question.. If you guys saw what was requested/asked for clarification as threats, you're looking through the wrong lens.. Did it get on yall's nerves?  Certainly! But my squad member's post that got him a png was certainly more true than disruptive and pretty much summed up the 'community problem'...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
Sorry skuzzy, I may be wrong cause I don't read every post.. But I read most of what was typed on the subject in question.. If you guys saw what was requested/asked for clarification as threats, you're looking through the wrong lens.. Did it get on yall's nerves?  Certainly! But my squad member's post that got him a png was certainly more true than disruptive and pretty much summed up the 'community problem'...

Yes, you are wrong.  

I have no way to respond to this as it is in the vein of someone claiming the color red is actually blue and wondering why we labeled it green.

Hard to discuss things like that.

By the way, the post is not what got him PNG'ed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:46:56 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2014, 02:44:03 PM »
It's hard for me to fathom something as insignificant as the current 12 hour rule (in the grand scheme of AH things) has caused such an uproar.  I had a PM exchange with a Muppet member today about this and some of the fallout today -  I expressed the same thoughts to him.  

I guess I am a party that is indifferent to the issue. The rule does not negatively affect me having fun with the product.  I do understand the proponent's argument to change the rule to allow some flexibility, and admittedly do not not understand HTC's complete push-back.  I can recall back in 2002 when the rule was not in affect and was abused -  but, ya know it did not affect my fun factor.  I was never a "war winner" anyway.

Skuzzy is on point about one thing for sure -  the folks arguing for a change to the rule, and those that just want to pile on for the sake of seeing their text in the BBS, need to learn respectful communication skills.  Haven't you been taught you get more results with sugar than vinegar? Total lack of home training.

Rodney King, that criminal that was beat the hell up by LAPD, stated "can't we all just get along".  This statement is relevant now.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011