Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2014, 04:23:20 PM »
We now all know that good games are never "free" : at best they allow u to get "cosmetic plus" and such when u pay (10% of games), when 90% are "pay to win", which now draws more and more players OUT of those game$.

This "Free but if u pay more u win without fun/merit" model has come to its very end (imo) and games like EVE, who never used this model have never been more popular than today, which proves gamers arent as stupid as those cupid bugs thought.

It was a good idea first, then it became a marketing idea ($$$ !) and im extremely glad most of gamers now understand thats not the way to have good fun !  :rock

There is nothing wrong with complaining about a product or service you PAY for.  If HTC were providing the game for free then nobody would have a right to b*tch.   But EVERYONE who criticizes as a paying customer certainly has legitimacy to do so.   The free market will determine if the decisions made by HTC were the right ones or not.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
I learned my lesson a long time ago from HTC... and more than 1 occasion.

<S> HTC

++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »

<S> HTC

Now John Lennon wouldn't have caved in.  ;)

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
 I have long delt w/'Customer Complaints'....
 Let me say, the gang at HTC have gone above and beyond, obviously out of love for their mission, in dealing with snotty/ungrateful/unknowledgable customers. Of which I have been one.
 Y'all(as they say here 'bouts) have earned my respect.
 In some of my jobs I've had to 'buck up' employees who get dirty end of stick in dealing with same. Often it boils down to..'YOU must rise above, and do the Right Thing.'.
 HTC always has.
 I'm behind you with my money.
                                     JGroth

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
 Let me say, the gang at HTC have gone above and beyond, obviously out of love for their mission, in dealing with snotty/ungrateful/unknowledgable customers. Of which I have been one.
 In some of my jobs I've had to 'buck up' ŷemployees who get dirty end of stick in dealing with same. Often it boils down to..'YOU must rise above, and do the Right Thing.'.
 HTC always has.
                                     JGroth

:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »

<S> HTC

and we all shine on..

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2014, 01:26:31 AM »
We now all know that good games are never "free" : at best they allow u to get "cosmetic plus" and such when u pay (10% of games), when 90% are "pay to win", which now draws more and more players OUT of those game$.

This "Free but if u pay more u win without fun/merit" model has come to its very end (imo) and games like EVE, who never used this model have never been more popular than today, which proves gamers arent as stupid as those cupid bugs thought.

It was a good idea first, then it became a marketing idea ($$$ !) and im extremely glad most of gamers now understand thats not the way to have good fun !  :rock

I hope you're right. We've also seen games destroyed by catering to players wants and requests. WB and EQ come to mind, but you need only look at the empty arenas in aces high that HTC  provided which were requested by so many players to see that gamers often don't really know what they want. EQ for example, the grand daddy of MMO. Players wanted to make the game easier, level quicker, travel where ever they wanted when they wanted instantly, lessen the penalty for dying in game, etc. Basically they wanted to make it like WoW. The end result was that the players who wanted it to be like WoW unsurprisingly migrated to WoW anyway. The rest ended up leaving because it wasn't the game they signed up for. By making everything less challenging they had cheapened the experience. And making it so that character classes didn't need to rely on other character classes they destroyed the interdependence and the necessity of player cooperation in order to progress, which was the heart of the experience. Revealingly, the player base of project 1999, an EQ emulator of original everquest circa 1999, is growing while what's left of the player base of the modern EQ is still shrinking.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2014, 04:45:11 AM »
and we all shine on..

Kum ba yah...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 07:35:33 AM »
 In some of my jobs I've had to 'buck up' employees who get dirty end of stick in dealing with same. Often it boils down to..'YOU must rise above, and do the Right Thing.'.
 HTC always has.
                                     JGroth

You can't be a customer and ungrateful. Your gratefulness is the money you spend, in this case, every month.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
From what I see many of the veterans to this game have posted well thought out suggestions to improve the game. It seems in some areas we are driven by the whiners, while great ideas are ignored. End result, we are losing great sticks and find the fighting is limited and the 'vulch, ho, run' style is much more common.

Some of the in-game rules and structures could be improved. I know AH is working on eye-candy, which is great, though the core supporters of this game are far less eye-candy, for more environment. In fact, most of the core dial back the eye-candy to limit lag to ensure peak performance in ACM.

It could be said that it is how they voiced their suggestions and request. Not enough 'mother may I,' far too much Rule #4 or #14. Fair enough though even the 'mother may I's' don't seem to get a response.

Please address this concern
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 08:39:37 AM »
From what I see many of the veterans to this game have posted well thought out suggestions to improve the game. It seems in some areas we are driven by the whiners, while great ideas are ignored. End result, we are losing great sticks and find the fighting is limited and the 'vulch, ho, run' style is much more common.

Some of the in-game rules and structures could be improved. I know AH is working on eye-candy, which is great, though the core supporters of this game are far less eye-candy, for more environment. In fact, most of the core dial back the eye-candy to limit lag to ensure peak performance in ACM.

It could be said that it is how they voiced their suggestions and request. Not enough 'mother may I,' far too much Rule #4 or #14. Fair enough though even the 'mother may I's' don't seem to get a response.

Please address this concern
:aok   The way I see it too

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
 :old:  :headscratch:
-AoM-

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
I disagree.  I fly with vets.  I know a fair portion of them.  No one in our squad, nor on range discuss what much of BBS has been about of late. 

My guess is ignore a dozen guys, and the ruckus would vanish.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
I disagree.  I fly with vets.  I know a fair portion of them.  No one in our squad, nor on range discuss what much of BBS has been about of late. 

My guess is ignore a dozen guys, and the ruckus would vanish.
noted:  Hap advocates ignoring well thought out requests and concerns of veterans based on anecdotal evidence.   :headscratch:

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
noted:  Hap advocates ignoring well thought out requests and concerns of veterans based on anecdotal evidence.   :headscratch:

I find this observation terribly disturbing but agree with your conclusion
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba