Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 19608 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
I have a couple other hobbies outside AH and participate in a few other message boards. One hobby puts me on national/international message board and a local (to my state) board. In my experience, the local message boards are MUCH more civil than the the bigger boards. My theory for why that may be has to do with accountability. Locally, there's a LARGE chance someone knows you or will actually meet you in person. Therefore, the contributors police themselves because there are repercussions for their actions on the boards. Unfortunately for us and HT on this BBS there is a large degree of annonimity and therefore people are much more apt to do/say the wrong thing.

When I think about how much time the HT crew spends policing our actions here, it bothers me. Their time could be much better spent.

I can't account for other people's actions so I'll take responsibility for my own...

I, LilMak, in an effort to create a more perfect community, vow to understand and never intentionally break the rules set forth in this forum from this day forward. I also vow to be civil and respectful to those who post to these forums as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:44:53 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 12:42:03 PM »
..Double post
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »

When I think about how much time the HT crew spends policing our actions here, it bothers me. Their time could be much better spent.

I agree 100%

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2014, 01:16:19 PM »
AcesHigh has Moderators ingame, why not player Moderators on the boards?

Last time I was in game I got muted in the AvA for laughing at someone attempting to vulch me taking off and got muted for it, last thing we need are player moderators.
JG 52

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:31:01 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:30:12 PM by hitech »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:30:23 PM by hitech »
JG 52

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:30:33 PM by hitech »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:30:43 PM by hitech »
JG 52

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:30:56 PM by hitech »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
"You can't be a customer and ungrateful. Your gratefulness is the money you spend, in this case, every month.'
Absolute tripe.
           JGroth

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
You mean a small group of vets who decided they could berate the developers and anyone else who did not agree with them. Honestly, the game environment is forged more by those same players' in game actions and the rest of the older players setting the example of the right way to be men and have fun too than things programmed into the game play mechanics. There are many little things I would like to see different in the game, but when I look at them closer, they are more about making me happier and not making the community at large better. All the play my-way-type requests are not going to be acted on and to demand the company answer them on the BBS when it is not even necessary they take part on the BBS as a rule, people should take a giant chill pill. Board terrorism ain't the way to go. Name calling and temper tantrums aren't the way to go. They are supposed to be grown men, and yet they act like they were never taught the concept of sportsmanship, much less common courtesy. Honestly, I quit playing organized sports over a decade ago because the trash talking took over the game. It spoils a lot of other games I would usually like to go see live when certain players run their mouths before the game even starts and are still running them after it ends. I hate it, it is such juvenile behavior and it has no place except between friends who know the difference when the other guy is playing and not, I honestly can not tell when many try to do it in game. There is absolutely nothing cute or even suggestive that they do not mean the mean things they spew, there and here. I really hate it when people try to justify it with lame excuses. There is no justifying it, it is not justifiable. When players and posters in here scoff at the idea of respect, you know you are dealing with someone who has no redeeming qualities in the end, because respect is the cornerstone of so much and without it their actions and how they think they can treat people is so degraded it is almost criminal. Maybe people are developing into online sociopaths with zero ability to act rational and are devoid of remorse. These guys at HTC are more than reasonable men. If I were running it I would have taken a much different tact, so their restraint has always impressed me. It is sad the rest of that clique are determined not to see the truth of the matter, that when people act out of order, there should and will be consequences. Nobody is owed anything outside of the ability to log in and play the game, that is the only thing their subscription buys them, everything else about the BBS is gravy. If their answers are not forthcoming or to their liking they should suck it up like grownups do and carry on.

:salute
  This says it better than I have or could.  Exceedingly well said.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:31:17 PM by hitech »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
You mean a small group of vets who decided they could berate the developers and anyone else who did not agree with them. Honestly, the game environment is forged more by those same players' in game actions and the rest of the older players setting the example of the right way to be men and have fun too than things programmed into the game play mechanics. There are many little things I would like to see different in the game, but when I look at them closer, they are more about making me happier and not making the community at large better. All the play my-way-type requests are not going to be acted on and to demand the company answer them on the BBS when it is not even necessary they take part on the BBS as a rule, people should take a giant chill pill. Board terrorism ain't the way to go. Name calling and temper tantrums aren't the way to go. They are supposed to be grown men, and yet they act like they were never taught the concept of sportsmanship, much less common courtesy. Honestly, I quit playing organized sports over a decade ago because the trash talking took over the game. It spoils a lot of other games I would usually like to go see live when certain players run their mouths before the game even starts and are still running them after it ends. I hate it, it is such juvenile behavior and it has no place except between friends who know the difference when the other guy is playing and not, I honestly can not tell when many try to do it in game. There is absolutely nothing cute or even suggestive that they do not mean the mean things they spew, there and here. I really hate it when people try to justify it with lame excuses. There is no justifying it, it is not justifiable. When players and posters in here scoff at the idea of respect, you know you are dealing with someone who has no redeeming qualities in the end, because respect is the cornerstone of so much and without it their actions and how they think they can treat people is so degraded it is almost criminal. Maybe people are developing into online sociopaths with zero ability to act rational and are devoid of remorse. These guys at HTC are more than reasonable men. If I were running it I would have taken a much different tact, so their restraint has always impressed me. It is sad the rest of that clique are determined not to see the truth of the matter, that when people act out of order, there should and will be consequences. Nobody is owed anything outside of the ability to log in and play the game, that is the only thing their subscription buys them, everything else about the BBS is gravy. If their answers are not forthcoming or to their liking they should suck it up like grownups do and carry on.

:salute

If you feel that way about online games and their community, maybe you shouldn't play them. Not being sarcastic at all, just saying because most every gaming community has this issue.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
See rule 2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:17:15 PM by hitech »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba