Author Topic: Your First "FPH"s?  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Your First "FPH"s?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »
I remember when I was just starting I kept running into the AoM's and I was just blown away both literally out of the sky and over how well they flew and killed everything in the sky! I remember times when everyone on range would be complaining because Grizz and kappa were winging together in the area in 262s. I watched the Muppets closely whenever they were in the area since they flew exactly how I wanted to fly, only they were way better at it  :o

I never would have guessed I'd be a part of AoM back then. Very fun squad with some excellent stick!  :cheers:

Today I think my FPH is RedBull because he cheats... I mean he's good!  :P

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »
I remember when I was just starting I kept running into the AoM's

I remember in 2005 running into Fester for the first time, he made a few passes in a 109K, I pulled a few tricks and never got a single shot off, thought it was bull. It was the other 109K's hovering around that made me worry, but fact is I got handed.
At that time there were quantity in the MA, 9 of 10 were simply unskilled, running in fester would be like running into Bruv or most in TopGun.

It certainly made me want to get better, I just wish I knew where Agent went.
JG 52

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »
I just wish I knew where Agent went.

He ain't gone.  He's just tending to real life for a while. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
I have to say Spatula...he helped me straight off and he was a trainer so that was a big help for me ...probably due to being a kiwi..gotta look after the bro's ya know..

the person who shaped me most I would say was agent360.... low slow flying 109..always handed me my butt however he taught me early on throttle control and stall fighting

Very Honorable mentions are people like Silat, snaphook, hmmm  there are more but those two stand out when I try come up with names off the bat. Those two taught me arena etiquette...both slightly different but the same overall... silat..to enjoy the game and be nice....snaphook more for engagement morals 
Both and many others offered the same thing but those two stood out to me from my start in AH 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:14:12 PM by SPKmes »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »
Oh man there's a bunch for me. Yep Snaphook, Paws, BluKitty, Skyrock, Lynx, Shawk, SkatSr, TwinBoom, Creton........
Lighten up Francis

Offline kano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »
For me it was Bruv and the guys from The Few, id see them barrow into our Bish hordes and come out with 5 or 6 kills each and i was like how the .... can they do that. After a bit we,d had them blowing apart my old squad in the MA even though we outnumbered them 3 to 1 i decided to ask to join.

Here i am today nowere near the level of the other guys in my squad but vastly improved mostly due to Pervert, MickyD and Bruvs patience while kicking my butt over and over again in the DA and TA.

From other squads people that stand out are Dolby (always a good scrap ending mostly in my death), Latrobe (very humble all round good guy who makes me feel silly 9/10 times and totally humbled the other 1/10 lol), Redbull (always been a good fella, great in the K4 and very helpful whenever weve gone off to the DA) and DrBone( has kicked my butt in so many different rides at different times when ive had all the advantages to start).

Wish id of been around a few years prior to my joining to have fought against some of the older guys that others still talk about to this day.

EatG
The Few

S/L No 32 squadron BoB 2013

Eats Eagle

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
When I first started playing I spent months in H2H. The ones I wanted to emmulate were Yaws, Win75th, olly75th.

When I get to the online play, I spent a good portion of my time in "old" DA. I quickly realized the difference. Phish (2bighorn) surprised no one mentioned him, became my FPH, along with Batfink, (both were so kind to help amd duel me all the time) stang, and morpheous in the MA.

So glad I am apart of the AoM and get to fly with batty, and the rest of the gang all the time now. Wish 2bighorn would come back.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »
the first guy I respected ingame .....no he was never a FPH I do not have any of those......I actually did not like him...thought he was all mouth...ran it all the time on 200 :rolleyes:

Skyrock.....he happen to run his mouth to me one DAy of course the DA challenge came up.....

I figure I would smoke him in the DA...(this was within my first 2 months of playing) :rofl

he owns me...every fight...Hurri vs F4U.....I was a bit humbled I figured he was gonna run his mouth ....

I am serious...NOT  once did he gloat or talk smack...he asked me if my stall limiter was on.....it was ...told me to shut that crap off(never been on since)....helped me in a lot of ways with my stick and ACM and was a great respectable person. ( I know crazy right :rofl)

the second one I respected in game was Agent360...

Agent was the man....I flew the Hurri2C back then.....Never HOed I always went for the saddle....out comes a K4....TURN fighting my hurri...... :O

he was determined he would kill me.....he would die over and over...never once complain....or whine....always respectful ....

and he made me work my bellybutton off....it took every trick except HOIng him to be able to kill him....my hand would hurt :O

a master in the K4 TnBing a hurri.......awesome.

He was in the Muppets..so was Skyrock.....  I new I would be a Muppet....They were..... ALL of them..... fighting men....... backing up their smack talk MoFo's    :rock

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »
spaz and kool.

semp
KOOL was always cool as a cucumber... on vox he sounds like a commercial airline pilot

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
Et37 in his gental nature,  taking in noobs like me and taking the time to pass on his knowledge as for pilots who's skill I wish to emilate

Akak __ accuracy
Latrobes__ understanding and implication of acm
Dolbys 1v1 and 2v1 and 3v1 ect ability to supply damage.
And to beat doc72ch in a duel always a challenging fight.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
THE BUG.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
Bighorn, Leviathn, Fester, Wildthng, Sniper, ManeTMP... these were the guys/girl I wanted to be able to fly like...

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »
I was hooked from the airwarrior on, my handle was Zoom flew solo for a bit and got slaughtered relentlessly lol  The Motleyaces took me under there wing i learned fighting from MotXo and MotRx learned to bomb from MotCo ..... also want a lot from xbrit and Filth.... there was a lot of great pilots
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
Deth7, waaaaaay back in AirWarrior.  I attacked him and was dead in 15 seconds.  Came back with more E and lasted 20 seconds.  Came back with more alt and was dead in 20 seconds.  Came back while he was busy to pick him and was dead in 5 seconds.  Came back noe to sneak up on him and was dead in 10 seconds.  Then he told me I was too stupid to quit trying and asked if I wanted to join the Pigstompers.  I had been flying awhile already and thought I was a hot stick, I wasn't even a cold twig.

I miss those days because I miss the guys that no longer play.  Everything is better here at Aces High though.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »
Whomever called me "KY-Jelly" in my first furball..... Even though laughter erupted on range, I will never forgot the joking (still somewhat respectful) that followed from my country-men.

As for names? A few stand out which are long-term players, but I also got alot of help from players I haven't seen since.  :confused:

FB's helped me out alot when i started, each squaddie helped me learn those critical nuances to bombing that would have taken a serious investment of time to research on my own, so thank you FreeBirds!

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life