Author Topic: Your First "FPH"s?  (Read 4117 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Your First "FPH"s?
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
And no I don't mean in an obsessive, Midway-esque way, but who were some of the guys that you first began to notice as good pilots and wanted to learn from when you began flying (whether in AW, WB, or AH)?

I vividly remember the first person I ever encountered in-game was Greebo, but that literally being my first sortie I had no idea who he was in the community or the skilled flyer he was. On topic, the very first pilots that I respected and wanted to emulate were WingZero, busa01, and nozman00. I had a fascination with someone who remained dedicated to one particular airframe, and each of them exhibited that to a certain degree of success with busa and WZ in the Niki, and nozman in the Ki-84. With all of them being Bishops I would often ride along with them and get to see first person how they fought. Looking back at some of their statistics, they definitely don't stand out as exceptional flyers, but in my first few months, they were who I wanted to fly as well as one day.

This little thought all arose today, when I was thinking out of the blue who that Ki-84 pilot was I used to fly with a bunch. I remembered busa and WingZero in the Niki, but couldn't for the life of me think of the Hayabusa pilot. After a quick search of the stats though I quickly found nozman00, and it seemed like a blast from the past just seeing that name. It seems like just yesterday I was upping a Ki-84 and trying to be the samurai of the sky back when I started at age 12.  :eek:

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Your First "FPH"s?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:13:05 AM »
Moot in the 152 :)

I hope to be the next slayer in that thing... It's a difficult act to follow though  :bhead
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »
Blkjack6 will always be my FPH, taught me how to bomb and how to barrel roll.  :cool:
Top Gun

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:29:08 AM »
spaz and kool.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:38 AM »
And no I don't mean in an obsessive, Midway-esque way,

This little thought all arose today, when I was thinking out of the blue who that Ki-84 pilot was I used to fly with a bunch. I remembered busa and WingZero in the Niki, but couldn't for the life of me think of the Hayabusa pilot.  

ehhh didn't who start the term, can't indulge with this acronym

Hayabusa = Ki-43  

Falcon, I believe

:old: 931 kills in the Pony last tour to 23 deaths, I think you're better than them. lol

wheredahell you find so many targets, I couldn't have died that many times if I wanted to last month

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:37 AM »
In my case, it was an entire squad; The Damned. I 1st flew with them in Air Warrior/Macintosh followed by AW3 prior to it's demise. After a brief stint in WB's, I found AH1 and shortly after, The Damned arrived...lots of them. Other mega-squads at that time were Arabian Knights, LTAR's, MAW's and a few more whose names escape me.

Top Damned sticks were Fool, Ren, Dano, TC (still here) Coach (still here occasionally) Altogether there were 3 wings of 32 each. Sunday squad night was a heady experience...I miss it greatly.

"Damned if we do, no fun if we don't."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:57:24 AM »
LYNX and the BlindBats
(Sounds like a Rockband  :lol)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:45 AM »
who were some of the guys that you first began to notice as good pilots and wanted to learn from when you began flying (whether in AW, WB, or AH)?

In AW:

Bug showed me what a lead turn was.  Whole new worlds appeared before my eyes.

HR taught me to fly looking at the enemy, not at the instrument panel.

Drano taught me flaps usage on 109Gs.

In AH:

Grits taught me that P-38s and Corsairs work much better if you don't pull hard Gs when you drop the flaps.

Slash27, Fork and 1Duke1 taught me how much fun it is to fight your squad mates while talking to them on a common VOX channel.

Jaeger1 showed me that it's just as much fun to talk to someone who isn't your squad mate while you're fighting him.

- oldman

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »
Ghosth .. I think that is how his name was spelled.  I encountered his MA name in-game, and when we went to the TA he revealed himself to be a trainer.  Spent many hours with him learning to fly.   :salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »
Your First "FPH"s?

And FPH means F... P... H...?
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
vOid and crew were my first FPH's, in Falcon 4 I flew with some top rated pilots, we had an amazing community and I couldn't just pick out one pilot. vOid and AgentOne (I forget his name, was a muppet for a long time) took the time to teach me in the DA the art of flying the 109K.
I never really got comfortable with the ballistics on the 109k, but ended up flying most comfortable in the C.205 and Ki-84. I think we spent about 5 hours in the DA one summer just going round and round in different aircraft.

vOid could always beat me in just about any ride in a 1vs1, however he told me to not be discouraged, and pointed out I shined when I was in FSO and Scenario events where I topped the leaderboards many times. I give all credit to them.
JG 52

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
Yourself TJ - i remember meeting you in TT when i first started and was amazed!

Bruv & Kazaa!

Bighorn, Mar & nrshida - spent so much time in the TA with these guys and learnt so much!!

and Grizz Just because!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:57:23 AM by MickDono »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »
Never had FPH's, but I did have a group of fellas that took me under their wing and taught me how to be the Pig I am today.   :salute to Syko, Skullman (RIP brother), ShelbyWu, Bustr, Modo, JackRipr, Sol75, Bentnail, Amax, Jolly, 1BdSpade.

OINK
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
And FPH means F... P... H...?

"Fighter Pilot Hero." It's a Midway/Who/Theta term :rofl

Hayabusa = Ki-43   

Ki-84 is a Hayate, you are correct, my mistake.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:25:20 AM by TonyJoey »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
It's a Midway:rofl

Careful or you'll stir the dead.  :devil