Author Topic: Your First "FPH"s?  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Your First "FPH"s?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 06:31:17 PM »
My FPH would be Corky/+Tiff (for you old Airwarriors)... Not only does Corky have a great attitude, but this great attitude transcends Aces High regardless of the circumstances he has to experience.

If you're talking Aces High ability, who cares? No one should take this place that seriously! Ok, ok, ok... I've seen him die countless times and never whines or rants about it, he definitely leads by example.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:33:23 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »
Have to agree with Del on that one definitely Corky for his approach to the game and everything in general, absolute great guy...but if you get tasked as his wingie for a scenario just know your are going to be extremely busy trying to follow his flight path  :lol . Learned alot from getting blown out of the sky by bunnies when I first started and Crabby clubbing me repeatedly in the DA. As for people I have learned something from, that's a long long list Dolby, FBcrabby, FBLazy1, Bunnies, Agent360, Latrobe, SFox, FBBob, Silat, Creton, and of course Redbull ( Now if I can figure out how to counter that damn "Freedom Dive"  :aok just about anyone I have flown with or against I have tried to learn something from.
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »
Ecke
Yaws
YUCCA
Greebo
Nomak
Wilbus
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
Murdr
OLDMn
Wilbuz
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »
Back in beta was a guy named Wardog who let me ride around with him in his pony showing me the ropes, learned a lot from that guy.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 10:42:39 PM »
Mine was TnDep without a doubt.  :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
Ghosth - saved me from ground looping my planes in the TA.  He got me off the ground

Rodent57 - bugged him for hours in the TA when Ghosth wasn't around.  He flew a 1A with drops and I flew a 16.  I never beat him.

Rowdy1, Davski and MUZIK were the early teachers of the mechanics of the game...views, gunnery, E and who was who (JOACH1M and I started the same week)

MugZ - Never forget this guy...wish he were still here.  Taught me enough ACM to get by (then he left) and the vision drills to help my failing SA (I need to do those again, lol)

Dodger and Sunbat spent hours getting me ready for my first bracket against Batfink (I lost miserably like I still do)

Batfink - wore my bellybutton out in the bracket and then flew with me for a couple of hours helping me figure some things out

JUGgler - ran into him one night while he was lone patrolling in a D11 over a port base.  I 200 smacked talked him.  I died in a Spit 9 about 300 times over a 2 hour period and he invited me to the DA to help me.

I bet most of them don't remember any of this.  As tough as this game is, its not surprising we do and they don't.

Great guys, one and all.  :salute

Edit:  There was one more...Fringe.  I think he was a Med student or claimed to be.  He was the best I ever saw fly a 38...was prolly Del, lmao!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:51:26 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »

Edit:  There was one more...Fringe.  I think he was a Med student or claimed to be.  He was the best I ever saw fly a 38...was prolly Del, lmao!!!

Fringe is/was for sure his own person, and a deadly pilot. The thing I most fear from 38 drivers is not any ACM necessarily, but the fact that the best have laser-like aim. IIRC Fianna (another good 38 driver) was one of the first people I ever dueled. I remember him so well because he told me that there was a forum for the game, and also introduced me to the SAPP crowd. I used to be a 38 dweeb for a time, and will for sure give it some time again in a couple of days.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:27 PM »
Perdweeb.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
JimBeam
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
Training wheels...it was Ghosth...patient and pleasant <<S>>

Then it was 6 months in the TA with Bighorn, constant fights low, high, defensive , offensive...he did this all by text too, no voice comms on his side of the computer. That was ten years ago now....wow has time flown by
no idea if Bighorn is even on here anymore and if so under what name but if he does  <<S>> and Thanks!
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
Training wheels...it was Ghosth...patient and pleasant <<S>>

Then it was 6 months in the TA with Bighorn, constant fights low, high, defensive , offensive...he did this all by text too, no voice comms on his side of the computer. That was ten years ago now....wow has time flown by
no idea if Bighorn is even on here anymore and if so under what name but if he does  <<S>> and Thanks!

He's around.  He makes his obligatory Muppet appearance in the TA about every 3 years.  The Muppet rumor generator has it that Bighorn broke a promise to Dedalos that BH would come back if the "Mad Greek" came back.

Well, the Mad Greek has returned and Bighorn has not kept his promise....or maybe BH is playing hard-to-get....the good ones do that you know.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
  It was back in 2003, 04  Anyone remember SysProbe?  :headscratch:

He joined my aircraft a few times and gave me a lot of help when I really needed it.  :salute

Some say I still need help.   :joystick:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
Not sure I'd use "hero" but the first group I came across that really wowed me were the Twin Engine Devils. Fester, kappa, and Lazer laying waste to everything in P-38s. Those guys were really a cut above. Still are :salute

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »
When I first started AH years ago LYNX was the one person I remember being so great that everyone would try to gang up on him to kill him. I was lucky enough to catch him 1 v 1 and knew I was done for. I put up a better fight than I thought I could but in the end he killed me anyway. He was always nice every time I ran across him (minus the always killing me part.)  Recently my FPH's have been Del, Soulyss, Mir, and everyone else in the 80th Bomber group. Great bunch of guys and I always enjoyed dying to them and trying to learn "how the "f" did he do that?!?!"  :salute