Author Topic: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.  (Read 7227 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »
How would one "get rid of tool shedding?"

Get rid of bombs and rockets?

No thanks.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »
 I AM HERE TO CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND BOMB YOUR BASE FLAT

AND I AM ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM....

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 08:32:03 PM »
If you don't think doing bombing and attack missions are massively popular, I invite you to show up at an FSO and talk to the 300+ other people who do. 

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »
No treading on the tool shedding!

I'll bring my 190-F8
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
This is my last response to you on the topic. I should know better than to try and dicuss something with you as you seem to want nothing more than to twist people words to say what YOU want them to instead of what they really wanted to. That or your ignore the points you can stand against.

No response to me has been without logical holes. And it doesn't just ruin my fun, it ruins the fun of everyone on both sides who wants to fight.

Someone one elect as spokesman for the "fighter types"? As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, HiTech has said that the game is about ticking people off.  :D While I agree the "fighting" has dropped off over the years, making the hangers invulnerable isn't going to make other players fight, it will just increase the hordes and make more targets, but NOT fights. You want targets, the off line drones reappear after you kill the pilot for ever.

A rumor based on ignorance and my call-sign.  ;) When I first got interested in ACM, I thought a well-flown energy fight against a more maneuverable aircraft the highest expression of the art...and I still do. But eh, I fly however seems tactically appropriate or just plain fun. I estimate I fly "stupid" rather than "smart" more than the average stick in this game these days. Watch the film? That is the sort of thing I do for training when the DA lake is actually alive.

Yes lets jump to the "defense" and ignore the point of the comment. Removing the ability to "pick" and other wise engage player would remove someones type of fun would it not? What would players like Rocky and Skyyr do?  :devil

The  K/D part of score can indeed easily be gamed by timid flying. Kills-per-hour is a better measurement, although I admit is not entirely fair either. And are are you arguing for some sort of high-ground because you don't do desperate base defense?  :huh But all that is tangential.

I never mentioned ANYTHING about K/D. Why you would bring that up I don't know. You mentioned my K/H numbers and I pointed out that they are most likely due to me upping 25 miles or more away from a fight and taking the time to fly and grab TO the fight. As I seem to dive into the horde more often than not with out a wingman I like the advantage of some alt/E to help me last a bit longer.

Sometimes I don't think we are flying in the same MA. I can find other players in fighter planes who are willing to kill me most of the time. They provide me with adequate challenge in the trying get kills department.  The only snag I run into with it frequently is hangars having been killed by some tool-shedder.

Maybe we are not. Time zones make a huge difference in game play. I too can find player willing to shoot up my planes. More often than not it's 5-6 to 1. Some times I get one or two, more often than not I don't. You seem to be a "score guy" I'd almost be willing to bet I get more assists than any other player in the game. My aim sucks, I dive into impossible odds, and I spend most of my time defending. As I already come from a rear base, toolshedders dropping the hangers aren't much of a problem for me.

You have pointed out a problem in the game....well with game play. There are less and less fights to be had. Stopping bomber guy from dropping hangers isn't going to make more people fight. Instead they will drop the ack.....most likely with carpet bombing with little bombs, 3 guys in formations dropping a crap load of 100 lbs. Then these same bombers will circle the field now deacked and vulch while the rest of the horde does what it normally does. Your not going to get off the ground with 9 B17's circling the field at 200 feet.

[/quote]

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 12:37:09 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 01:42:12 AM »
This evening on my first sortie I took off from 123 there on the right, fought, and died. It was fun. When I tried to take off from 123 again, no dice, hangars down. Tried to to take off from 126 there on the left, hangars also down. Tried C120 and it was sunk.

This was the only major fight on the map at the time. I logged in disgust and did other things.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain how all of this is my fault cause I suck, how I should have intercepted bombers I didn't even know existed instead of engaging with other fighters.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:45:09 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2014, 03:55:42 AM »
I see Vehicle Hangar is available 125 in that screenshot ;)

Please try not to be offended, I share your enthusiasm for constant quick dogfight action.  HTC has taken this into consideration by allowing hangars to respawn in 15 minutes no matter what. 

Snailman, led me to this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357450.msg4739201.html#msg4739201 explaining the use of down time commands and even how to place this useful chart on to your clipboard. 

This and other tools that HTC has continued to add over the years allows sanity to prevail, even in frustrating situations.  I would bet that not long after you logged off, a fighter hangar popped somewhere.

I usually would only share such information with players of my same "country" (sarcasm)  :rolleyes: but since you and I mostly want to get our dogfights on, I find a certain kindred.

By the way, Country = the term coined by HTC, not me.  Chess Piece is what each country is named.  Loyalty has nothing to do with expanding your own options along with other allies.  Heard the saying, "the best defense, is a good offense"? 

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2014, 04:20:44 AM »
  Heard the saying, "the best defense, is a good offense"? 

Tool-shedding kills the fight whether you're on the offensive or defense. There are times when I'd give all my perks to be able to shoot *friendly* bombers.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
Not only bombers kill hangars.  I frequently take Jabo to knock out a hangar and then it is dogfight time.

I get what you are saying, and am not doubting the impact it has on the game.  Truth of the matter, if they didn't have some ability to "damage" another country, the fight could very easily wind up being 2 sided, leaving another entire "chess piece" with nothing else to do.  I have seen this already in early EST off hours / low numbers with large dar bar, of other 2 chess pieces battling it out and "nothing" for 3rd chess piece to do.

The land grab, is here to stay..... and you would be looking at an empty arena if it were to leave without an easily obtainable team objective.  Killing the bad guys is ultimately more difficult if they are not engaging near your turf.

This thread with a very cool alternative on how you can help your team capture turf and stir up those combatants that you want to swat at:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,363738.msg4837884.html#msg4837884

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »
This is something I see a great deal more of than when I started in 2006. It is a bad gameplay dynamic, the ultimate anti-fun. What purpose does it serve in game, other than to annoy?

We used to have furballs that went on for hours. Now you can expect the the life span of a gung-ho fight to be measured in minutes before an individual from one side or the other decide to cut off the endless supply of airplanes. CVs, once the ultimate source of near instant-gratification fighting in the MA, are now lucky if they last a quarter of an hour after the enemy knows they are there.

It really doesn't matter whether it is your own fighter hangars that just go dropped or that of the enemy base you just flew to-these egg-toting grinches cut out the supply of fun for BOTH sides in a fight.

So get rid of toolshedding I say. Bomb tards can still get the bizarre jollies they derive from smashing inanimate objects by taking out town, taking out guns, etc. Just make hangars indestructible, so that the fun of the majority is not subject to the whims to tiny number of fun-loathing cranks in a jabos or bombers. If one is not able to take a base except by removing the ability of the defenders to defend, then  one does not deserve to take the base anyway.

1/10 made me reply

I prefer bombing a HQ and bailing when the nearest con is at 3K.
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »

The land grab, is here to stay..... and you would be looking at an empty arena if it were to leave without an easily obtainable team objective. 
[/quot

I am NOT saying take away  base captures, far from it. I'm saying change this bad game dynamic so that a prime requirement for the capture is fighting and suppressing defenders, rather than bombing a few buildings so that there can be no defense. Even though they are rare nowadays, I have seen base captures where there was resistance and yet the hangars were not dropped. Such contests are exciting and involve PvP fighting up until the very end. This is a vastly preferable sort of fight.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2014, 09:17:31 AM »
How would one "get rid of tool shedding?"

Get rid of bombs and rockets?

No thanks.

You'll still need bombs and rockets for town buildings, gun emplacements, etc. I suggested making the hangars non-destructable, not getting rid of ord entirely.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »
Its not the bomber pilot that kills your fighter hangars, Jabos do much more often. Its the guys u want to fight over the base that kills them because they dont want to fight with u. Everytime a field getting vulched there are people screaming on the radio for bombers to kill the hangars on the attackers fields. So in my opinion an overwhelming majority of the players sees hangar bombing as a vital part of the game.
AH is not an arcade game, an amount of strategy is required to win. Its about teams fighting each other in order to win the map by taking bases. Sneaking bases and avoiding opposition is something all teams trise to do on a regular basis.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2014, 09:33:17 AM »
Its not the bomber pilot that kills your fighter hangars, Jabos do much more often. Its the guys u want to fight over the base that kills them because they dont want to fight with u. Everytime a field getting vulched there are people screaming on the radio for bombers to kill the hangars on the attackers fields. So in my opinion an overwhelming majority of the players sees hangar bombing as a vital part of the game.
AH is not an arcade game, an amount of strategy is required to win. Its about teams fighting each other in order to win the map by taking bases. Sneaking bases and avoiding opposition is something all teams trise to do on a regular basis.

While in a real war this would be a great plan. However this is a game. This is a place for players to see if their team is better than the oppositions team. Who has the better fighters? Who has the better plan? Who has the better execution of their plan? Avoiding combat in a COMBAT game kinda takes the fun out of it don't you think?