Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
I don't know if was changed but as I remember used to be huge ,with one high 10k base in the middle , and the rest of the bases exaggerated close; 3-4 bases/sector;
Hmm, all we need in MA is another large map with 200+ bases and 50 players,  stalled for weeks;  :bhead
 I would pull out all the large maps from rotation with this low # of players  increased base capture and map reset dificulty; nothing fun and impossible to reset; or reset maps every 24-36 hours/ won or not,plz ; 7 days on same map is really boring;

You're thinking of FesterMA this is a completely different map called Fester.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »
I'm confused.  I thought for sure Fester said he wouldn't give us this map and had deleted it from his computer the last time he rage quit.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »
I'm confused.  I thought for sure Fester said he wouldn't give us this map and had deleted it from his computer the last time he rage quit.

Let's keep the thread on topic.

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
Skuzzy,

What about the map makes it enough different that it is causing the current quandary?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »
Haven't seen the map yet, any chance for a topographical image? ...  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »
Skuzzy,

What about the map makes it enough different that it is causing the current quandary?

Well one of the things he said a few posts down was he was worried about bases being too close and the auto ack getting the lifters from adjacent bases. Lusche tested one close one and said it wasn't a problem.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
We will probably put it up, but it will have to wait until next week.

+1  :aok

And maybe it needs some tweaking from player feedback, but only way to find out is to let us play on it in the MA for a few rotations.  Variety is a good thing, and a new map would be fun!

Thank you :)

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 06:57:19 PM »
The Gv fights on the west side desert will be awesome on this map, I played on it when it was up in the SA way cool, air and ground fight will be fierce and fast I think. All 3 side will be in epic battle for the center airbase  :x

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Can someone post a pic?   I'm away for a week and would lie to see what it looks like. 

Thanks.  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 04:48:28 AM »
Can someone post a pic?   I'm away for a week and would lie to see what it looks like. 

Thanks.  :salute

Not a pic but link to the introduction thread ( with pics )

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,353961.100.html

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 05:00:23 AM »
Not a pic but link to the introduction thread ( with pics )

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,353961.100.html

Found it thanks McShark! :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »
Found it thanks McShark! :aok

You're welcome!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »

Clipboard Map Graphics look different from the upload, but this still shows base layouts.  There has been some discussion about Task Group placement however.

notes and areas of interest...

this map tries to incorporate as may varieties of fights as possible through using varied base setups and combinations. the fighting style (air vs air only, combined air/ground, ground vs ground, sea vs sea, air vs sea) of your preference should be available at any time depending on location you fight.

this is a medium sized map (like ozkansas my other ma terrain) on a 512 area with the front designed to be about the size of a small terrain while having depth enough to make large areas capturable while still making continued fights sustainable even with small numbers.

highly desirable center airbase has an uncapturable enemy vbase next to it to ensure this highly strategic location is under constant attack and very dangerous to fly out of.

carrier vs carrier fight setup in center of each sea with each side owning an uncapturable cv/port in each ocean with these fleets spawning in close proximity to a capturable port/ cv fleet. the owner of this fleet has three viable options in its use... defend port. attack coastal airbases. hide. all of which are strategically viable.  Note:  From further reading of this thread, this may have been a point of contention from HTC and may differ in the uploaded defaults or MA appearance.

ozkansas gv/airbase chains extending to the enemy city which by design does not move when the bases near it are captured. thus allowing a gv assault/defense on the city itself if the opposing team is able to advance to it.

gv base chains isolated from airbases by distance and or terrains to increase time it takes for air attack on these locations and allow more concentrated gv vs gv action.

lots of rivers and hand textured and contoured terrain to bring maximum detail and realism possible.

great care has been placed upon making the setup of the map lend itself to promoting varied types of combat even with large portions of the map captured right up to the point where the map will be reset.

I added the uncapturable gv bases right next to it to checkmate this base. it is initially given to the lower right country which tends to be attacked most for whatever reason.  < in reference to single 8k airbase in the center

a good m4 player can out of los shell down the airfield from his own gv pad or drive a very short distance to get more accurate line of sight and take out the two ammo bunkers to neuter this base.

the hope is such a valuable base will be the source of a lot of fighting over facilitated by gv bases uncapturable next to it making sure it is under constant threat of being over run. with the ammo bunkers hit aaa vehicles will have great fun with any planes strugling out of the place  :devil

{edit for personal comment}
I like the concept of the map a lot, however, unless the timeout factor of the map is reduced or we have an influx of alternative maps, I fear that it will become the single most map that most players will have the opportunity to play on (because there are still too many fields to capture for a player reset, and currently not enough alternative maps in rotation).  I predict with a week to study the map, some players will have strategic plans that were not intended by design that will probably grief some other players. 

In summary, it will be great to see it in the rotation, but I reserve the right to take that opinion back if it turns out to be just about the only map we get to play on for 66% of the time.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:22:41 AM by Chilli »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
All of the tankers would be in the middle spawn camping with flyers bombing them while being vulched. Looks like Fester discerned the heart of why the TT island with 3 airfields and GV bases radiating inward works. Then turned that into a full grown map. I can say for my squad POTW, the center ring of airfields would become pick a fight central. This place will not be safe for anyone trying to nibble around avoiding combat. If you want to win this map, bring a mega hoard and swamp the place. Or just accept grudge match fighting field to field.

Skuzzy the worst this map will do is cause players to complain that they have to fight for every inch of it. I think that was Fester's point in creating it. Please put it in rotation. But, when you distribute the strat, move all of the HQ back 2-3 sectors. Radar will be life itself here.

This is a furballer and GV spawn fighter's map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »
Now i will have have to resubsub to try this map. I hate you all.

:rock

had to edit, having eye problems and typed a word a couple times.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:29:08 PM by james »
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070