Author Topic: Knocking out HQ  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Knocking out HQ
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
I have heard on Rook Vox people signing-off for HQ being down.  If they left the darbar up and took down all radars on loss of HQ that would help albeit a detriment to well planed raid where HQ was taken down for a reason.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Hmm...  Bish/Rook HQ goes down, nothing shows up on forum.  Nit HQ goes down and we see a topic on the forum somewhere.  Am I missing something here? :headscratch:

I would have been just as frustrated if I was bish or Rook as I was as a knight.....looks like some bish and rooks are already in agreement.

It just happened to Knights because of the bases that were taken...they flattened the city so when they hit HQ(while POTW was resupping the city after beating the bases back) it was down for over an hour
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
Last time I was on, Rook HQ was getting hammered a lot.  A tad annoying, but for the most part I was doing the Manned Gun thing that day, and just didn't care otherwise. :)

Either way, a change is needed regardless.  The HQ should not go down to even a single set of 29's, let alone Lanc's. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
Hitting HQ should not take out all radar or dar bars, if the stated purpose of this game is to promote air combat that is,  it's just dumb.   Also why is there no radar anywhere near the HQ, if the HQ is so important it should be surrounded with radar.  Each of the strats should be covered with radar.   Every approach to the HQ should have radar.  Let the downed HQ represent the communication and coordination of radar intelligence, you lose the ability to see friend or foe except for your local sector and DarBar in all sectors should remain.   My understanding of the DarBar is that it always represented the local population of countrymen, reporting or sighting enemy aircraft. Like the aircraft  spotters actually did in England and Europe  and even in the United States during the war.  Those reports were collected locally and passed along up the chain of command to a central reporting /dispatch that than directed intercepts back down through the chain of command.    Even when the centers took direct damage they were seldom out of action for very long and the chain of command just shifted its duty to another center.  The field spotters continued to do their jobs and report aircraft locations (darbar)  to the new center and the chain of command continued to function.   Within AH if the HQ is knocked out it's as if all field spotters were knocked out as well as the entire chain of command and that's just not right.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »
Have no problem with it or the effects of HQ going down. Honestly, how often does this happen? In my time of playing I've seen it happen 3 times to the side i was on. Resupply the HQ and/or start flying high cover for the HQ till dirt burglars push the other sides back or the map is won.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
In my time of playing I've seen it happen 3 times to the side i was on.

That statement indicates at least one of the following is true:

A. You haven't played very much in the last 8 years.
B. Your arena SA is non-existent.
C. You are lying.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
Have no problem with it or the effects of HQ going down. Honestly, how often does this happen? In my time of playing I've seen it happen 3 times to the side i was on. Resupply the HQ and/or start flying high cover for the HQ till dirt burglars push the other sides back or the map is won.

You haven't played AH recently, haven't you? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:50 PM »

C. You are lying.

Not exactly how I would say it, but more or less spot on.  In the time that I flew on Saturday August 2nd, 2014 from 12:30 PM EST until about 3:30 PM EST the Knights HQ was knocked out 3 times.  I was told that it happened a few times prior to my logging in.  I spent exactly 40% of my time online Saturday running supplies.  I don't mind the occasional sup run, but I dislike spending almost half my time in game flying a goon.  The reason?  I was attracted to this game by the planes and vehicles that have guns, bombs and rockets.  The goon lacks all of these.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:06:12 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
Not exactly how I would say it, but more or less spot on.  In the time that I flew on Saturday August 2nd, 2014 from 12:30 PM EST until about 3:30 PM EST the Knights HQ was knocked out 3 times.  I was told that it happened a few times prior to my logging in.  I spent exactly 40% of my time online Saurday running supplies.  I don't mind the occasional sup run, but I dislike spending almost half my time in game flying a goon.  The reason?  I was attracted to this game by the planes and vehicles that have guns, bombs and rockets.  The goon lacks all of these. 

I didn't tiptoe around because he was being untruthful to disparage players making a legitimate gripe about an obviously flawed game play dynamic. 

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
I didn't tiptoe around because he was being untruthful to disparage players making a legitimate gripe about an obviously flawed game play dynamic. 

Yep.  I am the last to grouse about anything, but when something in game comes between me and shooting at the red icon guys I get fussety. :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:53 PM »

C. You are lying.

While A would be the answer, I can say I must be lucky since it has rarely happened to the country I was on at the time. AVA and FSO no radar and no dar bar must have blinded me to the seriousness of not having it spelled out where the bad guys are coming from and going.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
While A would be the answer, I can say I must be lucky since it has rarely happened to the country I was on at the time. AVA and FSO no radar and no dar bar must have blinded me to the seriousness of not having it spelled out where the bad guys are coming from and going.

Not familar with the FSO dar setup, but I am quite familiar with the AVA and scenarios.  The AVA gives you dot dar at all times no matter what the the strat/HQ conditions are.  Enemy cons are easily spotted (more easily than in the mains).  Scenarios have preset dar conditions that are not affected by strat/HQ damage and are evenly applied to both sides.   What are FSO dar settings like?  :headscratch:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
AVA and FSO no radar and no dar bar must have blinded me to the seriousness of not having it spelled out where the bad guys are coming from and going.

AvA and FSO are totally different in game environment and game dynamics than the LWMA.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
Not familar with the FSO dar setup, but I am quite familiar with the AVA and scenarios.  The AVA gives you dot dar at all times no matter what the the strat/HQ conditions are.  Enemy cons are easily spotted (more easily than in the mains).  Scenarios have preset dar conditions that are not affected by strat/HQ damage and are evenly applied to both sides.   What are FSO dar settings like?  :headscratch:

Blind as a bat, all you get is a flashing base or strat. You have a radar ring so you have an idea where they could be but those have been about half the size of MA radar rings. I thought I remembered flying the AVA blind as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:36:02 PM by whiteman »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

Actually I've seen it maybe seen it only eight times give or take a time or two since 2001. I can say the times I've seen it I thought it was gamey roadkill.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV