Author Topic: You can't take your score with you when you die  (Read 5429 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
You can't take your score with you when you die
« on: August 21, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
So stop running from a fight.  :old:

pffft girly men.

Stick it out, you might learn something other than saving your precious K/D dependant ego.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: You can't take your score with you when you die
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
I've been spending my free time going to bars and trying to pick up chicks with "Hey girl! Did you know I had a 2.5 K/D ratio in Aces High 2?"

It doesn't seem to work.  :( :o

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »

pffft girly men.

Stick it out, you might learn something other than saving your precious K/D dependant ego.

And do this in a 109E too !

No one really dies and planes are free...well all you can auger for a small monthly fee anyway :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:57 PM »
I've been spending my free time going to bars and trying to pick up chicks with "Hey girl! Did you know I had a 2.5 K/D ratio in Aces High 2?"

It doesn't seem to work.  :( :o

Nonono... you're doing it all wrong.  Get the girl back to your house.  Take her to see your flight setup.  Take off into a red horde and kill a bunch of them, then land your 6 or 8 kills.  Then turn to her triumphantly and inform her she may have the privilege of servicing you now.

:joystick:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
..."Hey girl! Did you know I had a 2.5 K/D ratio in Aces High 2?"

you guys make me laugh...
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »

Haha hahaha hahaha hahahha hahaha that is hilarious :rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »
Truth. But you also can't take with you heaps of supposed "honor", accrued while shooting at pixels.

I'm also pretty sure the LAST question any judge or gatekeeper who may exist on the Other Side would ask is "Did you always follow some imaginary and artificial rule code while playing Aces High?". Which is a very good thing for most players, including those who talk about such "codes" the most on this BBS. Otherwise, their eternities could get a bit...torrid.  :devil

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
Truth. But you also can't take with you heaps of supposed "honor", accrued while shooting at pixels.

I'm also pretty sure the LAST question any judge or gatekeeper who may exist on the Other Side would ask is "Did you always follow some imaginary and artificial rule code while playing Aces High?". Which is a very good thing for most players, including those who talk about such "codes" the most on this BBS. Otherwise, their eternities could get a bit...torrid.  :devil

:lol  Touche....

pffft girly men.

Is this the new Rule #4 violation avoidance strategy?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:04:52 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »

Not true at all. Those who live a code of honor in a game are much more likely to follow that same code in life, they don't "game the game", their egos are more than likely much less over the top, and they don't RUN AWAY FROM THEIR PROBLEMS! How you act and believe in real life absolutely, without a doubt, is how you play games. If winning is your only source of self esteem, if running away to save your cartoon life is ok with you, you don't
have a positive self image, and yo don't have the gumption to stick it out and solve life problems. You're most likely the one who will take the easy way out, and not take chances. Argue all you want, but words don't change reality.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
Not true at all. Those who live a code of honor in a game are much more likely to follow that same code in life,
Really? Have you done side by side testing of this, comparing people's real life to the game?  :D I'm thinking not.

The problem is that people make up some non-existent rules in their head, above and beyond anything the creator of the game built in, then when other folks who have never explicitly or tacitly agreed to this rule set in anyway don't follow them the would-be dictators of flying style wish to tar them with the brush of "dishonor". Now this thing is very convenient isn't it, being able to define any playing you don't like as "dishonorable"? Let me play that game: "From now on I am going to fly all sorties in the Val. Anyone flying other speedy, heavily-armed uber rides (Like the HurriI  :rofl ) is gaming the game and DISHONORABLE!!! Why? Because I said so!"

It isn't that personal honor isn't important, it is that personal honor is TOO important to be falsely used as a club in association with bull-excrement non-existent "codes" springing from the fevered imaginations of this game's more supercilious players.

Edit:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365268.msg4860435.html#msg4860435
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:50:02 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:04 PM »

Is this the new Rule #4 violation avoidance strategy?

I don't play TheDamned's game with regularity, I like to keep my heart on my sleeve.

"Imustrunawayitus" struck, so I offer a cure with words of encouragement, you might learn something.

But I thank you for your 2cents, your back seat moderating is duly noted
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:32:49 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
Running away protects the cartoon life and k/d... but not the score.

Sorry, just couldn't let that old misconception stand uncommented  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »
They all add up snail  :uhoh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »
Not true at all. Those who live a code of honor in a game are much more likely to follow that same code in life, they don't "game the game", their egos are more than likely much less over the top, and they don't RUN AWAY FROM THEIR PROBLEMS! How you act and believe in real life absolutely, without a doubt, is how you play games. If winning is your only source of self esteem, if running away to save your cartoon life is ok with you, you don't
have a positive self image, and yo don't have the gumption to stick it out and solve life problems. You're most likely the one who will take the easy way out, and not take chances. Argue all you want, but words don't change reality.

QFT