Author Topic: Warpage  (Read 2059 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Warpage
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:19 PM »
In Fighter Ace there was a whole squad banned for intentional warping. I'm not convinced that these warps only when I fire are "just the internet" or my connection, or even the warping player's connection. I believe it's intentional, all you have to do is unplug the network cable for a second and instant warp.

Well please don't PM the guy accusing him of cheating. It has happened to me and it is an insult.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 03:00:58 PM »
all you have to do is unplug the network cable for a second and instant warp.
Skuzzy said that don't work like you think it does... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
Hap! We lock horns every now and then.  :salute, sir.

It's funny you call it a gnat.  That happens to be very close to this opponent's game ID.  It's a truly a sight to see on film.

Thank you all for the advice, btw.
I think I know who it is, they're a bish, right?

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »
In Fighter Ace there was a whole squad banned for intentional warping. I'm not convinced that these warps only when I fire are "just the internet" or my connection, or even the warping player's connection. I believe it's intentional, all you have to do is unplug the network cable for a second and instant warp.

Lol have you tried it in AH. Go ahead try it then report back.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 06:23:25 AM »
Now will that affect you, him, or both?  IE-  I see a lot of people who seem to repeatedly run into warpage when they start shooting.  I wonder if it's possible it's their end?  Is it their machine that's at the edge and causing the warpage, or if the other guy's at the edge, does it affect your gunnery?
As ImADot said, getting close and adding the calculation for all of the shooting a computer that is already on the edge of its performance can't handle the extra load. The actual warper can be either one of the two. It's easy to determine which one it is by either asking whether the other guy is warping also in the monitors of your fellow countrymen nearby, or by looking if everyone else is warping. If everyone says you're warping or you see everybody warping, it's at your end. If you can fly tight formation maneuvers with your squadmates without warping, it's the other guy. The reasons may vary, it may be connection related or computer related as I stated earlier in this thread.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
Acceptance is the answer.

Banning routine offenders would fix the issue.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 09:41:10 AM »
Banning routine offenders would fix the issue.

Sure.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
Sure.

Yep. It's what most other games do... and it works.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
So I get banned because my ISP sucks and my internet is terrible?  :(

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
So I get banned because my ISP sucks and my internet is terrible?  :(

Good point.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
So I get banned because my ISP sucks and my internet is terrible?  :(

If it is affecting the gameplay mechanics for other players? Absolutely. You would presumably receive a warning or notice that your connection was subpar, so you wouldn't be banned unless you persisted in playing with your known-to-be subpar connection.

If someone was purposefully messing with their connection to make them warp and affect their ability to be hit, the overwhelming majority here would have no issue with banning them. Why then should someone with an identically-same problem receive a pass because it's due to their ISP? Rules are enforced got the purpose of fair gameplay, not to make people happy.

If you cannot afford or otherwise obtain a good connection, you have no business forcing your connection problems on others. Only a selfish person would argue otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:20:18 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
If it is affecting the gameplay mechanics for other players? Absolutely. You would presumably receive a warning or notice that your connection was subpar, so you wouldn't be banned unless you persisted in playing with your known-to-be subpar connection.

If someone was purposefully messing with their connection to make them warp and affect their ability to be hit, the overwhelming majority here would have no issue with banning them. Why then should someone with an identically-same problem receive a pass because it's due to their ISP? Rules are enforced got the purpose of fair gameplay, not to make people happy.

If you cannot afford or otherwise obtain a good connection, you have no business forcing your connection problems on others. Only a selfish person would argue otherwise.

Said the guy who doesn't have the problem.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »

Truly a flawless argument. I see in no way how this is a bad idea.

:rofl

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
Said the guy who doesn't have the problem.

Wiley.

I used to have a lag problem with my cable. I switched to dial-up for two years and it actually resulted in clean connection.

You were saying?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 10:27:50 AM »
I used to have a lag problem with my cable. I switched to dial-up for two years and it actually resulted in clean connection.

You were saying?

Good thing you had options.  Some don't.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11