Author Topic: Warpage  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: Warpage
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »
For once(and only once), I agree with Skyyr. I have played other games, MOH, COD and Battlefield games...early and later, and they don't even let you connect if you have a ping over a certain level. I sympathize with those who may not be able to get better connections, but have to agree that your poor connection shouldn't be allowed to blow the game for others.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »
For once(and only once), I agree with Skyyr. I have played other games, MOH, COD and Battlefield games...early and later, and they don't even let you connect if you have a ping over a certain level. I sympathize with those who may not be able to get better connections, but have to agree that your poor connection shouldn't be allowed to blow the game for others.

Neither of you noticed that people with poor connections already can't play Aces High?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »
Dear Mr. Hitech.

Please listen to skyyr and copprhed and act in concert to their wish. But, do post in a prominent location your projected date of the final closing of your doors. It may only be three of us sitting in towers on that day. I want to read ch200 and remember today.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »
This is strange for the least : i had same problem : someone flies without any warp, then when 1 bullet hit his plane, he does a nice warp... Then no warp untill i manage to shoot at him again and at first bullet hit -again- he suddenly warps again...

I hope thats not the smell of some lamers...

When an opponent displays a particularly egregious demonstration of warping, what can one do about it?  Vent?  I had an opponent today that had nice, smooth turns as he dove down on me from altitude, but when I BRD'd him, turned the table, and got several guns solutions, he jumped all over the sky as I started firing.  Then went back to nice smooth turns.  Also there was a fellow countryman in the film frames in question, and he wasn't warping.  

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:01:43 AM »

The thing about those games is they have several dozen (if not hundreds) of servers for you to connect to. Aces High doesn't. So if you're ping is too high for you to connect to a server on battlefield then you can just choose a different one. If your ping is too high for Aces High server then your just s**t out of luck, have fun playing is offline mode by yourself.

Lag and warping really suck. Every gamer will agree to that but there is no game (at least none that I have played) that is 100% lag free.

Since Aces High doesn't have several dozen servers for you to choose from, kicking/banning people with subpar internet connection is just a suicidal decision for HTC to choose (especially with how small the player base is nowdays)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
Actually, ping is no issue here. Ping times below 300 ms are "golden" as Skuzzy has sometimes said. Since ping is related to distance, the 300 ms covers most of the globe.

The biggest problem seems to be the American nature. For what I've read there's almost always some kind of rough weather somewhere in the USA, causing issues in Internet connections. Hurricanes, thunderstorms, floods, whatnot... And people complain here about it as if it were HTC's fault.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
have to agree that your poor connection shouldn't be allowed to blow the game for others.

If having one guy warp is "blowing the game" for someone, then he/she has more serious problems.

Having a target warp out of your gunsight is irritating.  It is not a threat to the health of you or AH.

- oldman (...now...if EVERYONE was warping, that might be a different story)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
If having one guy warp is "blowing the game" for someone, then he/she has more serious problems.

Having a target warp out of your gunsight is irritating.  It is not a threat to the health of you or AH.

- oldman (...now...if EVERYONE was warping, that might be a different story)

Not only this but the guy with bad connection suffers more than the ones who complain about it.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
Not only this but the guy with bad connection suffers more than the ones who complain about it.

So true! Bad internet cuts both ways. I may warp to some people from time to time but they are also warping on my screen as well. And, I can not tell you the number of times I have taken damage from tracers that missed me by mile.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
If it is affecting the gameplay mechanics for other players? Absolutely. You would presumably receive a warning or notice that your connection was subpar, so you wouldn't be banned unless you persisted in playing with your known-to-be subpar connection.

If someone was purposefully messing with their connection to make them warp and affect their ability to be hit, the overwhelming majority here would have no issue with banning them. Why then should someone with an identically-same problem receive a pass because it's due to their ISP? Rules are enforced got the purpose of fair gameplay, not to make people happy.

If you cannot afford or otherwise obtain a good connection, you have no business forcing your connection problems on others. Only a selfish person would argue otherwise.

Flying about running from fights and hoing before diving into and circling ackalso affects other people's enjoyment of the game but no one is advocating we ban these guys, and they do have a choice as opposed to the guy who has no option but bad Internet signal
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
So true! Bad internet cuts both ways. I may warp to some people from time to time but they are also warping on my screen as well. And, I can not tell you the number of times I have taken damage from tracers that missed me by mile.

Even with good connection enemy gunnery is only an approximation.  I'd say it's more rare for me to see tracers that actually hit me unless I'm coming in on a bomber set straight in.  For myself, against a fighter I more feel by the angle of his plane that the shot's about to happen, the tracers are just ambiance.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Wiley collides on purpose don't listen to him.  And he steals my kills.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
... And, I can not tell you the number of times I have taken damage from tracers that missed me by mile.

That's not warping, it's just travel time, as explained in the many collision model threads. The tracers indicate your aircraft's position on the shooters PC.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
That's not warping, it's just travel time, as explained in the many collision model threads. The tracers indicate your aircraft's position on the shooters PC.

I know that and collisions also plagued me just as much and as badly as tracers missing me by several feet. I have had numerous occasions where I would get a collision message and lose a wing to someone who flew past me 200 yards away. It's just another one of those curses those of us with bad internet connection have to live with. On their screen they most likely did have lead to get the shot or they did in fact fly through my plane, but that's the point I was agreeing Flyman on. Those of us playing on bad internet connection suffer just as badly or (more often than not) even worse than those seeing us warp every now and then.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »

If you cannot afford or otherwise obtain a good connection, you have no business forcing your connection problems on others. Only a selfish person would argue otherwise.

You crack me up.
Pies not kicks.