Author Topic: Mad Max Reboot  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Mad Max Reboot
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:41:59 AM »
Anyone else catch the trailer?  I think it looks promising but I can't help having doubts.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: Mad Max Reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »
Used to love watching mad max as a little kid.. it was like an illness man  :lol
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
Best movie of the year. Oh, what a lovely day indeed!
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
The plot sucks but the action is great.   watch it in 3d for better enjoyment.   

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »
You must have seen a different movie than I did. This movie is a lesson in conveying depth with minimal dialogue. George Miller delivers a masters class in story telling and stunt driven effects that successfully convey back story, cultural nuance and the justification of these desperate acts of disobedience and violence. All the characters were awesome and the director did an amazing job to introduce them all almost instantly and get right into the action.

The performances in the film are nothing short of great and satisfying. Theron's shining portrayal of Furiosa is the literal and figurative driver of the film. In a genre that tends to victimize or sexualize the female leads, Miller portrays a strong female lead without any unnecessary feminist underpinnings. In masking her natural beauty, Theron is allowed to develop her strengths and vulnerabilities without making a political statement.

Hardy is brilliant as the tortured lead character and delivers a believable portrait of his desire to survive the present while mentally enduring his past. He is given minimal dialogue, but is able to become the heart of this post-apocalyptic tale. Both Hardy and Theron are supported by an excellent supporting cast that moves this experience from a mere adrenaline rush to a story of fighting for your right to live, seeing that sacrifice is part of freedom and ultimately for the hope for redemption.

Even the badguy in this dark twisted world, Immortan Joe, delivers a dark and demented message of the need for effective leadership, and that leaders need to provide people with purpose for their sacrifice, even if it is misplaced. The story shows that there is a basic need for something beyond our material needs that gives society drive and direction.

The cinematography and direction is beautiful, visceral and raw. Camera work is impeccable. Fury Road is a hallmark in action films.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »
Anyone else catch the trailer?  I think it looks promising but I can't help having doubts.

My son went and saw it the other night. Claims its pretty good
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
The plot sucks but the action is great.   watch it in 3d for better enjoyment.   

semp

Seen a couple movies in 3-d Personally. I am not impressed.
Every 15-20 years since the 50's they've been trying to dupe people with this novelty. It hasnt stuck yet
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 03:58:37 AM »
You must have seen a different movie than I did.

never said the acting was bad but the plot sucks.  give you some examples:

-mad max gets captured and gets the blood sucked out of him but somehow just like in wrestling he comes back with no ill effects.

-the point of her going out was to go get some fuel but somehow she takes off with 3k gallons of fuel.  come on, nobody noticed?  the fricking pod that she took cannot carry more than 3k of fuel.

-she goes thru the pass and it gets blown up, a zillion tons of rocks blocks it, then a few days, maybe hours later she comes back thru the pass and it's cleared.

-the guys on the poles would sure as hell flip their vehicles moving from side to side, that's a fact.

-the stupid guy with the guitar.

-you leave to go perhaps to a place that's days or maybe weeks away and yet the "brides" are wasting water like crazy taking showers in the middle of the desert.  with the guys chasing them within sight.

-how in the heck did she get them out?  the guy has to open a vault to find out they were gone.

-the people fighting for the water already in canisters, are ignoring the pool of water on their feet.

-list goes on an on....

I could make a fortune in youtube by setting up a chanel and calling it cinema sins.

movie has a lot of action, good acting but the plot is really stupid.  I would watch it again in 3d at the theater, but I would never bother to watch it on tv.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 06:42:27 AM »
 :angry: I'm suing Semp :evil:for giving the movie away. That Sucked!  :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kimo

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:46 AM »
Yes Semp, Spoiler alert!

-mad max gets captured and gets the blood sucked out of him but somehow just like in wrestling he comes back with no ill effects.

We do not know how much blood they had taken from him. They were obviously keeping him alive as a donor. They even stressed the fact that he should be treated with care since he was a “universal donor”. Taking him with them into battle was not something they were supposed to do. Nux whined them into doing it so he wouldn't miss his chance at immortality.

-the point of her going out was to go get asome fuel but somehow she takes off with 3k gallons of fuel.  come on, nobody noticed?  the fricking pod that she took cannot carry more than 3k of fuel.

She had a fuel pod on the war rig which was probably a standard fitting so they could refuel the smaller vehicles during long range operations. You seem to fail to understand the economics of their world: She was driving a TANKER filled with water (aqua cola) and mother’s milk, the main produce of the Citadel. She was supposed to trade this with the warlord ruling Gas Town in return for fuel. In the huge TANKER she was driving. Instead she took off with it all and had made a deal with the marauders guarding the pass. Giving them the fuel pod in exchange for safe passage.

-she goes thru the pass and it gets blown up, a zillion tons of rocks blocks it, then a few days, maybe hours later she comes back thru the pass and it's cleared.

Several day-night cycles were shown between the time they ran the pass and when they met the Mothers. They spent at least one night at the Mothers’ camp before they set out on their motorbikes to cross the salt flats. When they turned back we don’t get to see all the time spent getting back to under a day’s drive from the pass, but they obviously must have spent the time.

Immortan Joe ordered his war party to clear the pass while he pushed forward with the only vehicle he had that was able to get over the mound of rocks (the monster truck). The pass was obviously cleared by his army. Otherwise the war parties wouldn’t have gotten through at all.

Also the marauders guarding the pass made their living by raiding/taxing people traveling there. They had explosives and knew how to use them. They had motor vehicles. All this could have been expropriated by Immortan Joe’s people to help them clear the rubble.

-the guys on the poles would sure as hell flip their vehicles moving from side to side, that's a fact.

No, because the poles had counterbalances. It was a real stunt. This is not a CG movie. 80% was real stunts and in-camera effects, and most of the action was one-takes as they actually crashed the vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86oL3TbQvs

-the stupid guy with the guitar.

Was awesome! And he was actually playing a working guitar hooked up to the wall of speakers! And the insane dude playing is actually the Australian musician iOTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl4KG3yQqE0

-you leave to go perhaps to a place that's days or maybe weeks away and yet the "brides" are wasting water like crazy taking showers in the middle of the desert.  with the guys chasing them within sight.

They had a tanker full of water, and they were going to a “green place” where water was abundant. They were washing up while Furiosa was making repairs to the war rig after driving through the sand storm. They were not having a roadside rest stop.

-how in the heck did she get them out?  the guy has to open a vault to find out they were gone.

Did you miss the old lady with the shotgun in the beginning of the movie? She was the caretaker of the women or whatever and even confessed to Immortan Joe why she did it. She was already inside the vault. She was Furiosa's inside woman.

-the people fighting for the water already in canisters, are ignoring the pool of water on their feet.

I’m unsure what scene you’re referring to. Could you please clarify?

-list goes on an on....

By all means, continue.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:06:07 AM by PR3D4TOR »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:05:26 AM »
I seen the preview at the theater. Id rather watch the old one, new one didnt impress me at all
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 08:01:57 AM »
http://io9.com/mad-max-fury-road-is-an-astonishing-work-of-art-1704715858

Mad Max: Fury Road Is An Astonishing Work Of Art

You don’t realize just how crappy most action movies are, until you see something like Mad Max: Fury Road — a movie in which there are no “action scenes” because the action pretty much never stops. And the film’s constant sense of violent motion is in the service of incredible imagery and transcendant moments.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
I seen the preview at the theater. Id rather watch the old one, new one didnt impress me at all

Same here, all they showed in the pre-views were a bunch of explosions.

http://io9.com/mad-max-fury-road-is-an-astonishing-work-of-art-1704715858

Did you read the guys other posts? I'm sure he hasn't a clue about "Game of Thrones" and a few of his other opinions seem a bit, well "out there". I wouldn't trust what he had to say about anything.

While not a "sure sign" of anything, Pitch Perfect 2 beat Mad Max in the box office for the weekend. Not a good sign for an "astonishing work of art".

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »
Saw it last night. Yeah a lot of it was pretty dumb. But ya hadda know what you were getting into. Lots of stuff blowing up in 3D. I gave it a resounding "meh" otherwise. Still like the original Road Warrior the best of the genre.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 10:45:45 AM »
A solid 8.8 on imdb and 98% on rotten tomatoes is quite telling.