Author Topic: Cross Control Stall Tutorial  (Read 15770 times)

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Cross Control Stall Tutorial
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
I always thought it's a good practice to keep the Help & Training forum clear from personal battles and mudslinging.

I tried to stop posting... I really did  :)
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
I propose that both Traveler and Poison duel 1v1 and then post the films in the Training forum. What say you people?

a Light saber fight would be cooler.

No force powers though that would make it lame.   
See Rule #4

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2014, 11:41:40 PM »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »
a Light saber fight would be cooler.

No force powers though that would make it lame.   

:rofl :banana:

:rofl :rofl
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
I propose that both Traveler and Poison duel 1v1 and then post the films in the Training forum. What say you people?

I only fly in the MA as a Knight, 15 years, I fly  on a squad with the 113th Lucky Strikes. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
The most basic aerobatic maneuvers are the aileron roll and loop. That gives us various basic fighter maneuvers. The Immelman,  split S, rolling scissors, flat scissors, wing-over, barrel roll attack and barrel roll defense, are a few examples.

The hammerhead or stall turn was first used in air combat in WW1. Aircraft with rotary engines used gyroscopic precession  to help turn within a small radius.

How are flat and rolling scissors (flown against an opponent in air combat) applicable in an airshow environment? 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:21:07 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »
I'd like to see you beat me once in this game traveler, then tell me I don't know what I'm talking about :)
Tell you what. I'll start at 1k you start at 10.
I'm on with my squad every Saturday night, we fly as Knights, come fly with us or against us, come shoot me down.  what's your ingame name, I'm Traveler.  we fly starting at 7 EST .  We always fly heavy into a target an try to dog fight our way out.  We have a blast.  I get shoot down a lot, I stink so killing me doesn't take much. But come out and enjoy the night.  Check out our Wiki page.
Looked for you all night , You were as I thought a no show.  Just another knew nothing  loud mouth, I was on Saturday night as usual flying with my squad, what's your ingame name loud mouth, my name is Traveler.  Thought you wanted to beat me in this game?  I guess your all talk. 
It was not a serious challenge as I already know the would be outcome (your death), and if you can't figure out my name then facepalm. I was on for a few hours although I only flew a handful of sorties.. Most of which lasted over an hour each :)

Looked serious to me, so what’s your ingame name, because from where I sit it’s got to be something like “Babyboy” or “Mama’s boy” or Big Wussy. 

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »
How are flat and rolling scissors (flown against an opponent in air combat) applicable in an airshow environment?  

The control movements and coordination of control movements are I believe what he is talking about.  Some of the Pylon racing I've seen looks like a rolling scissors.   I consider Air Racing an Air Show but that's just me.
Lets face it, there are only 4 basic elements of flight, right, 1. climb, 2. descent, 3. Roll left or right, 4. Level flight.  Everything that we do is made up of one or more of those 4 elements.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:59:55 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
With all due respect, having fought both you and Poison, a fight between the two of you wouldn't be anything close to even. You might want to be a bit more respectful to Poison before your posts backfire severely.

-=S=-
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »

Those are two ACM applications of the simple roll and loop seen in airshows.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:20:02 AM by FLS »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
Those are the ACM applications of the simple roll and loop seen in airshows.

Puma's point is that you actually can't, you literally can't, perform ACM without an opponent. The actual military definition of ACM, summarized, is the dynamic application of BFM against an opponent. Therefore, you cannot actually perform ACM without a dogfighting opponent.

Airshow maneuvers, at most, are BFM, unless you have two planes in a mock dogfight.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:50:28 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »
Looked serious to me, so what’s your ingame name, because from where I sit it’s got to be something like “Babyboy” or “Mama’s boy” or Big Wussy. 

It's Poison. Thought you might be able to figure that one out.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »
Wow

You know, Traveler none of this BS woulda started had you not came here with this crap:

Tell me, what is a stall? Also, what is cross controled?  I'm an FAA flight instructor and your explanation is off base.

Why did you have to come here, with the FIRST COMMENT being some aggressive assessment of why he incorrectly named the maneuver, in a GAME, instead of politely asking why the heck he did it.

Nice video :aok, but I don't think you've named it correctly due to my reckoning. :old:

Woulda been hella appreciated instead ^^^

Now just go. Wtg on turning a tutorial thread into a chest-beating, troll GD thread.

With just ONE comment. :aok
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:06:17 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
Puma's point is that you actually can't, you literally can't, perform ACM without an opponent. The actual military definition of ACM, summarized, is the dynamic application of BFM against an opponent. Therefore, you cannot actually perform ACM without a dogfighting opponent.

Airshow maneuvers, at most, are BFM, unless you have two planes in a mock dogfight.

I'll let Puma tell me his point. I think it has more to do with stall maneuvers not being recommended for dogfighting but like you I can only guess.

Curiously the Navy and Air Force, both military, define ACM differently.

In any case I never stated that you can perform solo ACM. You apparently made that up so you could say it's wrong.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »
I'll let Puma tell me his point. I think it has more to do with stall maneuvers not being recommended for dogfighting but like you I can only guess.

Curiously the Navy and Air Force, both military, define ACM differently.

In any case I never stated that you can perform solo ACM. You apparently made that up so you could say it's wrong.

No, but you did state that you can perform a rolling scissors (among other maneuvers) as a basic maneuver. You can't, as a rolling scissors requires another aircraft by definition of the maneuver. There was no agenda, just trying to point out the discrepancy.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...