Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23504 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:40 AM »
If you think AH ever had a hit bubble surrounding the aircraft please post your reference.  

Also keep in mind that any differences in damage and gunnery worked both ways.

My references are:

Levi, Bighorn, Batfink, Morfiend, and Ghosth.

Please feel free to contact them directly.  Thanks.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
This is not true.  AH1's hit model was different. AKAK has mentioned it repeatedly by version.

That's my recollection as well.  Might not have been a "bubble," but shooting planes down was easier - perhaps because they took damage differently, I don't remember.  I DO remember one very prominent P-51D flyer who got angry and quit the game (for awhile) when he found he couldn't routinely shoot down enemy a/c at 1000 yards anymore.

- oldman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »
I want to throw Fulcrum's name into the mix....

Not because of his skill in game(we all know he has little there)...

But because he can talk ACM with the best of them here on the BBS, it's beautiful...

He also likes to send PMs about people's trolls which really brighten my day....

Thanks for being who you are Fulcrum, well I guess you might not be "being who you are" in game, word on the street is you got a new name...

But I digress, Hope your 15 year old is having as much fun playing video games as I am :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2015, 12:44:53 PM »
I want to throw Fulcrum's name into the mix....

Not because of his skill in game(we all know he has little there)...

But because he can talk ACM with the best of them here on the BBS, it's beautiful...

He also likes to send PMs about people's trolls which really brighten my day....

Thanks for being who you are Fulcrum, well I guess you might not be "being who you are" in game, word on the street is you got a new name...

But I digress, Hope your 15 year old is having as much fun playing video games as I am :aok

:rofl
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »
I want to throw Fulcrum's name into the mix

I second this motion. Fulcrum has been an invaluable asset to our squadron. In fact, one of our latest (and most popular, I might add) Aces High video productions would not have been as effective or downright hilarious as it was if he hadn't predicted the way that everything was going to play out, almost to a "T." Truly, it was like having a God's-eye view into the mind of our vanquished opponents before they became so.

Coupled with his wide variety of experience in flight sims in general, he's truly a river of knowledge. He's actually quite the expert pilot in other sims as well. He's a well-rounded aviation expert.

:salute
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »
I second this motion. Fulcrum has been an invaluable asset to our squadron. In fact, one of our latest (and most popular, I might add) Aces High video productions would not have been as effective or downright hilarious as it was if he hadn't predicted the way that everything was going to play out, almost to a "T." Truly, it was like having a God's-eye view into the mind of our vanquished opponents before they became so.

Coupled with his wide variety of experience in flight sims in general, he's truly a river of knowledge. He's actually quite the expert pilot in other sims as well. He's a well-rounded aviation expert.

:salute

I just like virtual flying.  But thanks!  For the record, I've enjoyed flying with you guys.....I've learned a lot!   :aok

Now if I could just give up the 110.     :D  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:56:48 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
I just like virtual flying.  But thanks!  For the record, I've enjoyed flying with you guys.....I've learned a lot!   :aok

Now if I could just give up the 110.     :D  
Oh, why don't you change it back.... :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2015, 01:46:52 PM »
Also you have a ego the size of Texas.
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

HiTech
Hahaha no doubt and that is saying something :rock
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2015, 02:23:06 PM »
But... you don't know how to E fight  :headscratch:

Sure I do its the 1st thing you learn to stay fast :rofl, Its what you call the 1st level but I guess you didn't understand what I wrote. Sorry just bores me and way past that, if I wanted to fly like that could land 20 kills a sortie just not fun for me been playing to long for that. I probably used the re-arm pad 10 times in the last 10 years  :D. Why i don't fly much any more gets boring sometimes but your new so you don't have any idea what i am talking about and the company your keeping you my never get it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:50:16 PM by iKo »

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
Ask him how our last duels went  :uhoh

I see you are starting pick up bad lying habits from the company that you are keeping.  :O Post our 1 on 1 duels that you said we had we all would love to see them. Think you getting as delusional as your buddy and that is said because you did have potential at one time.  :frown: Not sure if the community can snap you out of it before its to late.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
I see you are starting pick up bad lying habits from the company that you are keeping.  :O Post our 1 on 1 duels that you said we had we all would love to see them. Think you getting as delusional as your buddy and that is said because you did have potential at one time.  :frown: Not sure if the community can snap you out of it before its to late.

That's exactly it. You don't back up your claims even though claiming my flight style is basic and easy.

You should all admire me though because I'm obviously the best pilot there ever has been and ever will be in the history of combat flight sims.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:14:29 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech

HiTech

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2015, 03:30:02 PM »
That's exactly it. You don't back up your claims even though claiming my flight style is basic and easy.

You should all admire me though because I'm obviously the best pilot there ever has been and ever will be in the history of combat flight sims.

ANNOUNCEMENT:  The direct descendant of SUPERMAN himself is active on the AH BBS.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:  The direct descendant of SUPERMAN himself is active on the AH BBS.

And he is a member of The Damned. 'Nuff said.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »

It is simple when you believe a  style who's  primary goal is not to die is the best, it is best accomplished by staying in the tower. You can then 100% achieve your goal. This is exactly like real life, I would be 99% of the pilots of WWII would have preferred to stay in the tower if they had a choice.

HiTech