Author Topic: Channel 200 and roster Streaming App  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Channel 200 and roster Streaming App
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
This idea came up in a discussion on anther forum, and I really, really liked it.

The idea was for an app that would stream the text box from 200 without having to be logged into the actual game.  In other words something like a small window on your desktop/iphone/ipad/device/whatever that showed the current goings on regarding channel 200, allowing you to interact in the chat aspect of the game if you aren't able to actually be playing it.  Also somehow incorporate a roster list.

This would allow a person to always be able to quickly check the MA roster to see if friends are on and whatnot, as well as participate/view channel 200 while engaged with other tasks that don't allow you to be actually playing the game.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Channel 200 and roster Streaming App
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:12 PM »
You need treatment.
Retired

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »
Look at Twitter and how many live and die by it.

Though this may be a way around Hitech not willing to show which map is loaded at the arena selection menu or visa social networking channel accounts HTC uses. Many players have asked for that over the years to avoid terrains they don't want to play on. Gman probably is not asking for that. But, if you don't have to login to find out what map is in play other than calling, texting, or third party VOXing a friend. You will login and probably play for a while adding to the numbers of bodies to shoot at. Even while feeling grumpy about the map.

I suspect Hitech wants us to have skin in the game to interact on channels inside of the arena when it's HTC channels being accessed. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »
Look at Twitter and how many live and die by it.

Though this may be a way around Hitech not willing to show which map is loaded at the arena selection menu or visa social networking channel accounts HTC uses. Many players have asked for that over the years to avoid terrains they don't want to play on. Gman probably is not asking for that. But, if you don't have to login to find out what map is in play other than calling, texting, or third party VOXing a friend. You will login and probably play for a while adding to the numbers of bodies to shoot at. Even while feeling grumpy about the map.

I suspect Hitech wants us to have skin in the game to interact on channels inside of the arena when it's HTC channels being accessed. 
:noid

Gman, also a "country status page". Percent bases owned, numbers on each country ect, ect.

I think this will help the guys who don't have much time in game...many have said they have longed in only to log out 2 minutes later because of reasons this would help with.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »
Good ideas, I like that one Junky - that's what I'm suggesting, a simple little app that can be used on any device/PC that allows players to get intel on what's going on in the game, there are probably other details not mentioned here as well that could be added to it, all with the same goal - for players with limited time, or unable to actually log in at certain times and such, to track their friends, maps, opponents they like to fight, numbers in the arena, and so on, as to be able to optimize the time they DO choose to actually log in and play.  The 200 chatter is pretty much the back burner, the other information would be far more valuable and important IMO.

I do much of this manually, and pop into the login screen, even log right into the MA often, just to see if anyone is on I want to fly with or against, check the map, and lastly the goings on in 200.  I do this from both a laptop and a home theater PC, neither of which are even set up to play the game.  I can't be the only one who does this.  Having a streamlined, small app that allows all of this, but from a phone/device/ipad/etc instead of a PC is what I would personally be after.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
Being able to see if a countries HQ is down would be great as well
 :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
Then you could get muted and banned without even playing.  :lol

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 03:20:55 AM »
do you guys really want to know if dadkev is on playing while nekked?   if you do, you need help

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 03:36:49 AM »
I do :rock
do you guys really want to know if dadkev is on playing while nekked?   if you do, you need help

semp
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:33 AM »
Considering how light the AH is for current platforms, different type of AH Android apps would not be a far fetched idea and streaming the chat to it ain't too bad a start.

Personally I would love to play "Mission Command" on my tablet at work when not possible to fly. Strategic map view for the current map in rotation combined with chat option and mission editor would save my nightshifts :)

And don't shoot my dreams down in a hurry, let them linger for a moment before the great big NO WAY! :lol
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:53 PM »
Personally I would love to play "Mission Command" on my tablet at work when not possible to fly. Strategic map view for the current map in rotation combined with chat option and mission editor would save my nightshifts :)

With so many firms being hacked these days, I'm sure you company has lots of tracking software that is watching every key stroke that crosses their system, you might want to consider that while you continue to collect your pay check.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
I suspect for HTC, it's a skin in the game issue to access HTC internal communication channels. I doubt the number logging minutes after seeing a map they don't like is very large. HTC has always paid attention to community movements like that if it constituted lost revenue like JSO did. You will always have a small number of players logging for different "Princess and a Pea" attitudes and reasons.

And then there is the new HTC employee and her communications title....but, so far, she has been given access to manage existing accounts at popular social media venues. HTC has made no noises about writing their own 3rd party social media apps and plugins, or the acquisition other wise. After all, look at how much discord laggy VOX and text causes, and you guys want to throw something else into the mix to lag the system with hook in demands on the same streams.

Them's some gosh derned lumpy peas under those mattresses.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »
First I have considered for a long time all ready.

a simple little app

This had me almost rolling on the floor.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
Sales rep comes back to the shop jumping for joy at the new contract he landed for the largest amount of money his company had ever negotiated with the company no one could ever land a contract with. In the executive meeting to plan the production strategy. The CEO asks the sales manager, what was promised in terms of their product offerings.

A teleportation device.....

The CEO without resorting to violence asks: You do know we only produce consumer digital kitchen electronics and robotic self transporting vacuum cleaners?

OK Hitech, a simple little app shouldn't be any problem for you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:11:52 PM by hitech »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"