Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 23922 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »
For the Object Editor:

Sorry, all the TREES/ have the tree name followed by the .srt extension. They show in the OE but none of them show in the TE anymore, not that I'd want to use them there.

If you build an airfield or town, you will want to use the speedtree trees instead of building one.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »
They are only for use on square tiles.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
They are only for use on square tiles.

HiTech

:o  Sorry, I didn't scroll down far enough when I had .til open. At the time I thought they started with CITY. I'm all over the place with the OE today and yesterday.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:14 PM »
Clutter def file

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: December 29, 2015, 04:02:03 AM »
The new flak base does not appear in the TE object list unless I list all objects.

Am I right to assume the flak base should be set up as a V base (object properties = 1) for MA use? Are there any other rules/guidelines concerning its MA use?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #320 on: December 29, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
The new flak base does not appear in the TE object list unless I list all objects.

Am I right to assume the flak base should be set up as a V base (object properties = 1) for MA use? Are there any other rules/guidelines concerning its MA use?

Ill add it to the list of TE objects.

Also to get the Flack Base ICON put a 4 in the Object Data field.

0 is Airfield
1 is Vehicle Field
2 is Port
3 is Depo (no longer used)
4 is Flack Base

HiTech

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
I put a flak base in a test terrain, set it to 4 and got a target icon for it on the TE map. However my field is described as "A9" on the map, shouldn't it be "F9"?

Also I then went to Settings/Fields Setup and hit the "Standard" button to let the TE configure the normal plane and vehicle assignments for the various types of fields. For the flak base it assigned everything bar the PT boat and the WW1 planes, as it would with an airfield. My assumption has been that the flak base is basically a V field with lots of AA, since the runway is too small for bombers. So are the "A" map designation and default plane set assignments bugs or is my assumption wrong and this field is actually intended to be an MA airbase?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
I put a flak base in a test terrain, set it to 4 and got a target icon for it on the TE map. However my field is described as "A9" on the map, shouldn't it be "F9"?

Also I then went to Settings/Fields Setup and hit the "Standard" button to let the TE configure the normal plane and vehicle assignments for the various types of fields. For the flak base it assigned everything bar the PT boat and the WW1 planes, as it would with an airfield. My assumption has been that the flak base is basically a V field with lots of AA, since the runway is too small for bombers. So are the "A" map designation and default plane set assignments bugs or is my assumption wrong and this field is actually intended to be an MA airbase?
Havn't written the F part

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2015, 01:49:41 PM »
So it is essentially a V base as far as what can spawn there and in terms of how it can be placed in an MA terrain? Same minimum spacing rule as a V base?

The reason I keep asking this is that I intend making alterations to the base and strat layout of my MA terrains in order to incorporate flak bases. In the past I have come to regret doing days of work in the TE on the basis of my false assumptions.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:27 PM »
So it is essentially a V base as far as what can spawn there and in terms of how it can be placed in an MA terrain? Same minimum spacing rule as a V base?

The reason I keep asking this is that I intend making alterations to the base and strat layout of my MA terrains in order to incorporate flak bases. In the past I have come to regret doing days of work in the TE on the basis of my false assumptions.
Depends how we set it up.

My thinking was only a Stork will be able to spawn. And using them near the city and Hq. And hence they would be set uncapturable and do not need to flow the spacing rules.

HiTech

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »
Putting them next to strats was my thinking as well. Having no GVs able to spawn there definitely affects how I will use them however. For instance I was going to replace the tank town V bases in CraterMA with flak bases but what I'll probably do now is just put an extra flak base per side there near to the V bases.

I notice there is a map room and flag on the base so how about making its use in the MA flexible? So if the flak base object data is set to 2 and to field owned by the map designer it will be treated as a normal V base by the game, allowing GVs to spawn and with a tank icon on the map. However if the designer sets it to 4 it would have no spawning and a target icon. Effectively you get an extra V field type for nothing.

I think it would be useful if the flak base had a radar added to give the strat it is sitting next to some coverage.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:48:28 PM by Greebo »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2015, 03:03:15 PM »
Putting them next to strats was my thinking as well. Having no GVs able to spawn there definitely affects how I will use them however. For instance I was going to replace the tank town V bases in CraterMA with flak bases but what I'll probably do now is just put an extra flak base per side there near to the V bases.

I notice there is a map room and flag on the base so how about making its use in the MA flexible? So if the flak base object data is set to 2 and to field owned by the map designer it will be treated as a normal V base by the game, allowing GVs to spawn and with a tank icon on the map. However if the designer sets it to 4 it would have no spawning and a target icon. Effectively you get an extra V field type for nothing.

I think it would be useful if the flak base had a radar added to give the strat it is sitting next to some coverage.

That's how it already would work. But since no v hangar they could not be disabled like V bases and could hence be very difficult to capture.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2015, 04:13:56 PM »
OK I can see how that would be a problem.

One last thing, to make the flak bases uncapturable do I set them to country owned, or to field owned and use the field capture order?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2015, 05:15:45 PM »
Since it was brought up, I wonder if we can have your official requirements for MA fields? I'll frame the question in the form of a potential TE Manual section on the subject.

Field Locations:
Airfields -
Airfields should be no closer then 3/4 sector, or about 13 miles apart,
Airfields should be no further then 25 miles apart.

Vehicle Bases -
Vehicle Bases should be at least 8 miles from airfields and Ports and at least 3 miles from another Vehicle base.

Flak Bases -
The same rule for Vehicle Bases apply.

Ports -
Ports should be no closer then 8 miles to the nearest vehicle base and between 13 and 25 miles to the nearest Airfield.

Also, what's the status for uncapturable fields now?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
OK I can see how that would be a problem.

One last thing, to make the flak bases uncapturable do I set them to country owned, or to field owned and use the field capture order?

Field Owned, and then capture order.
The only difference between it and any other field is we will simply be disabling all planes but Field Gunners.

HiTech