Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 23872 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
Airfields should be no closer then 3/4 sector, or about 13 miles apart,

I think you mean 18 miles there.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
Field Owned, and then capture order.
The only difference between it and any other field is we will simply be disabling all planes but Field Gunners.

HiTech

Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to be sure. I will stop bugging you about it now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »
Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to be sure. I will stop bugging you about it now.

You could never bug me, your not coad.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:10 PM »
Doh! Rounded up from 18.75 - fixed.

Field Locations:
Airfields -
Airfields should be no closer then 3/4 sector, or about 19 miles apart,
Airfields should be no further then 25 miles apart.

Vehicle Bases -
Vehicle Bases should be at least 8 miles from airfields and Ports and at least 3 miles from another Vehicle base.

Flak Bases -
The same rule for Vehicle Bases apply.

Ports -
Ports should be no closer then 8 miles to the nearest vehicle base and between 19 and 25 miles to the nearest Airfield.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2015, 02:10:07 AM »
Some more MA spacing stuff.

Strat -
Strat facilities (HQ, city, factories) should be at least 8 miles from airfields and at least 3 miles from a Vehicle base.

Spawn points -
Spawn points from other bases should be at least 1.75 miles from the edge of the nearest square tile object (bases, towns, strats etc. but not tank town). This is to ensure that no one spawning there can come immediately under fire from an AA gun. (This minimum distance may also need to be made bigger for game play reasons).
Land or sea spawn points should be placed so they are entirely on land or water respectively. (Tricky at the moment as the current TE does not show the spawn circle).

No two square tile objects may be placed within the same red 4 mile square in the TE.

Tank town should be placed at least one mile from the nearest base (i.e. not touching).

All capturable bases should have a capture path. Either a nearby airfield or V base, spawn points into the base, or access for a CV group.

There may also be rules regarding spacing of the new supply routes when that gets done.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:29:22 AM by Greebo »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
I cannot place down path segments on my terrain no matter how religiously I follow the instructions on the paths tab. Is there a first condition of the path's ground area to be met, like not having any trees and clutter painted on which can act as first time detected straight line obstacles to the path coding function?

I'm wondering this since we don't have a chainsawBot to remove trees, and I can't introduce a road to save my virtual kester.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »
Button, Add Path.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »
I wouldn't be pestering this audience if that worked. But, I will go back for the umpteenth time and try it again...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
I've done both the insert point button and the ctrl R-click, then the add path button. Even add point at the end of the path before hitting "Add Path". And the little window still pops up telling me I didn't add the first point. My TE while in the Paths tab is not detecting I have added anything onto the terrain. If I leave show all paths checked, I don't get a red cross on the terrain when I click for the first point attempt.

What can you not add a path onto? Anywhere on a field tile or where trees block the initial segment? Or once everything is "build" you can run a path across anything "land"? Should I be able to run a path down the center of a runway or are some objects blocked?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
I thought it was click Add Path first, then click on the map where you want the first point (at which point you actually get two path points).  You shift click the second point and move it to where you want to go.  You then do the Ctrl-right click to continue to add points (or whatever the shortcut is, I don't exactly remember).  (At some point you have to edit the path properties to change it to a river or railroad if that's what you want). 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2015, 02:23:03 PM »
Also the paths will not show in game bustr.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »
I was trying to add a basic road that does nothing but connect two points to gain experience using the tool. I wanted a road that looked like one of the Sfeild roads next to the tower had an extension that ran to the entry point on one of the metal bridges in the town I laid down a mile away.

I tried to follow all of the instructions from the tools in the Paths tab and nothing works for me.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
There is a minor graphical glitch when creating a field capture order. When I use the mouse to drag the cursor between two fields the yellow arrow appears about a sector to the right of where it should. As soon as I release the mouse button the arrow snaps into the correct position.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »
There is a minor graphical glitch when creating a field capture order. When I use the mouse to drag the cursor between two fields the yellow arrow appears about a sector to the right of where it should. As soon as I release the mouse button the arrow snaps into the correct position.
I noticed that too but since I don't usually use that tool, I thought it was weird, but normal.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2016, 12:12:16 AM »
I know this isn't a bug, so I guess it's a wish.
I'd like to see ctrl+S for the Save menu shortcut in the TE. It's already in the OE.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001