Author Topic: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:16 PM »
Lol you misinterpret an honest question.  I hadn't flown for a long time and was on last night.  All it did was making it more of a pain to find a fight.

I'm genuinely curious as to why you are so proud of taking down HQ?
Please forgive me for misinterpreting your question. All HQ does is drop the radar for entire country. It makes things taticaly difficult to anticipate and is a symbolic gesture. The community as a whole have grown accustomed to players flying lancs to an HQ so everyone grabs alt to 20-30k and hunts them down. What these guys are doing is committing a whole day to dropping both NME he's by driving for hours to the target, finding a great spot to shoot the HQ without flashing it, and making the game play of all those who just play this game to dogfight that much harder.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »
What this guy's game name? Let's follow him around and announce his location on 200.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
FineTime
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why do you see this as an accomplishment and something to gloat about?

He was proud to be trained by vDallas..... I guess that pretty much covers it all.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »
Please forgive me for misinterpreting your question. All HQ does is drop the radar for entire country. It makes things taticaly difficult to anticipate and is a symbolic gesture. The community as a whole have grown accustomed to players flying lancs to an HQ so everyone grabs alt to 20-30k and hunts them down. What these guys are doing is committing a whole day to dropping both NME he's by driving for hours to the target, finding a great spot to shoot the HQ without flashing it, and making the game play of all those who just play this game to dogfight that much harder.

So thier fun is to take an entire day to make it more difficult for others to have fun?  And that's thier fun?

Now bear with me in this discussion.  There was a time where I could commit those kinds of hours to playing the game.  But it's been a long time.  Now if I can find an hour or two once or twice a week I'm lucky. 

I confess, my fun in the game is looking for a good furball.  Now I know your first response is "go to the DA".  But for me the other part of the fun is interacting with the players from all sides that I've gotten to know over the many years I've played.  That is a lot of people who enjoy many aspects of the game.  If the guys who furball all move to the DA, you break up a longstanding part of the AH experience.

So in the end what you are glorifying is a bunch of guys who take all day just to make my limited time to fly more difficult?  My hour or two of dogfighting does nothing to interfere with thier desire to drop bombs and blow the map to smithereens.  Yet thier desire to interfere with what I enjoy is worth taking an entire day to do?

I'm flattered that I'm that important to them, but I fail to see the logic behind thier effort.  In the end isn't it counterproductive to the health of the game if a bunch of players log off out of frustration or boredom?   

As I said, I haven't flown in a while due to real world stuff.  But of my couple hours of time last night I probably spent at least half looking for a fight because radar was down.  Wasn't much fun to be honest.

But if that's the goal, to interfere with my enjoyment of the game, it was a win for them  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
The Nicest Guy in Aces High does not offer this title often, but you Sir are a Dick.   :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 12:49:55 PM »
Apparently a lot of you trolls have forgot there is a DA. If you don't want the HQ down all night defend your city, defend your HQ.

Ya got a point!  It's on your head, but you got one! :)   j/k, you're absolutely right.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »
 :neener:

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
:neener:

I was hoping for more of an actual reply :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 01:44:41 PM »
I was hoping for more of an actual reply :aok

I didn't take part in the mission. I don't have the patience for something like what they did. Just giving them their props where it is due. I'll waste my time on more important things in the game.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
This is some gay bellybutton sht.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
I didn't take part in the mission. I don't have the patience for something like what they did. Just giving them their props where it is due. I'll waste my time on more important things in the game.

Still not really an answer though to my last comment.  I was hoping you might clarify things a bit better.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters