Author Topic: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds  (Read 6219 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2015, 06:37:59 PM »
Who said anything about a furball?

Nobody
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
Then don't.

Anybody who needs radar to furball or find a furball should invest some time learning how to.

It's not hard.

Wow after all these years of playing I must not have figured it out.  Do tell.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »
This gets worse over time as the enthusiasts that once made up the player base of combat flight sims are replaced by gamers who lack the knowledge of even the most basic strategy or tactics.

I like to think I've been around for a long time in the flight sim community. Well, some of us get old and develop responsibilities like a household, kids, and a family. With the little time we do have maybe some of us actually want to have a good fight in AH. This is far superior to the thought of circling a virtual building knowing that our limited time in AH may be completely wasted. Heck, even if you see a potential bomber formation the attitudes are such that they bail out before you close to gun range.

Icepac, I guess you're smarter than everyone else on AH. Congratulations!
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 06:51:49 PM »
 :rofl

wtg rooks!  I really enjoyed the mission 49 set up months ago.  rolling to a level location, being in communication with a spotter, using game controls to define a specific launch angle and direction, lobbing a few shots for adjustment, then unloading for effect.  truly one of the best missions in this game.  I guess these were the tactics used in the HQ raid. wow.  :cheers: well done guys.  :aok

Offline O2b1-2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
Was wondering did the 49 th park off the bish ammo strat the other day. :noid it seemed like it was down below 25% most of the day flew around it a couple of times looking for a cv or a lvt along the train tracks but didn't see anything guess might have to use the storch now instead of a 234
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:58:54 PM by O2b1-2 »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
In my opinion the episode highlights the game and not those who took advantage of the game. A few weeks ago someone showed me how the M3’s artillery could be used for these sorts of missions and taking down structures without causing the intended object to flash. I think my patience lost so I didn’t think about it much.

And then 49th announce they had taken down both HQ’s with a single combined mission. I am assuming they used the artillery or bombers or a combination of both. Which given there were 6 (?) players involved with over 200 on line at that point is a very major influence from a very small group of people.

They saw an opportunity and took it. They probably “spoiled” a lot of planned evenings but;
1.   Using 262’s to clear airfields under attack wasn’t their intended purpose.
2.   Bombing and bailing from bombers wasn’t their intended purpose.
3.   Taking down towns with wirbles wasn’t their intended purpose.
And the list goes on.

Highlight the inconsistencies of the game, not the players who found a novel approach. With dwindling numbers make the HQ’s bombproof so fights are visible, scrap the 12 hour rule and let the “market” settle itself, modify the ENY so that it kicks in when critical numbers reach 100 or above and get the rotation of maps to a point where the size of the map matches the amount of players on the map so that fights are unavoidable and halve the field ack whilst doubling the town ack to discourage easy field takes whilst encouraging upping a field or two away and making field defence more dynamic. When we get back to 500 plus in the MA again on a regular basis, then is the time to perhaps reign it in again.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
So you guys spent several hours driving around in a multi player combat sim avoiding detection by other players to attack an object that doesn't shoot back at you and I'm supposed to be impressed? You should do the rest of us a favor...cancel your subscriptions and just go back to playing Halo. Save AH for those players who want to fight each other.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
Who said anything about a furball?
Not everyone spends all of their time furballing.
Are you one of finetimes squadies?

LOL you and your kind are special.

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Gard06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »
Well done 49rs

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »
It was a nice little break from the norm hunting them down around HQ last night.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »
I like to think I've been around for a long time in the flight sim community. Well, some of us get old and develop responsibilities like a household, kids, and a family. With the little time we do have maybe some of us actually want to have a good fight in AH. This is far superior to the thought of circling a virtual building knowing that our limited time in AH may be completely wasted. Heck, even if you see a potential bomber formation the attitudes are such that they bail out before you close to gun range.

While I agree to your idea when applied to bomb n bails.... I don't when it comes to HQ.  If your time is so short, there is a place called "the dueling arena" where there are no buildings to worry about people blowing up.

Perhaps HTC needs to make radar like it was in WW2... a spoke that didn't tell you anything more that direction.

I feel these arguments all boil down to "you're not playing the way I want you to, and I don't like it."

In the end, targets that can get blown up bring you targets to blow up. Relax.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »

It won't be long at the current rate.

It took the entire knight country 5 hours before they even considered that GV were shelling the HQs down.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:13:41 PM by icepac »

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2015, 09:14:05 PM »
<S> Sadly real life has kept me away from this one.

:rofl
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
It won't be long at the current rate.

It took the entire knight country 5 hours before they even considered that GV were shelling the HQs down.
The only ones who have been complaining are the furballerz, country switchers, old hags who have nothing else going for them except the glory they find in AH, and the knights. Their boats got rocked and they don't like it. I haven't laughed this much in an entire day my whole life. Thank you HTC for the opportunity to experience such entertainment! 
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO