Author Topic: What happened to the Salutes  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: What happened to the Salutes
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
I don't find it too hard to return a Salute within a few minutes, I can type .rs with my left hand only if needed. What I don't quite understand is that some people return my Salute by typing on 200, which takes much more time and effort than the simple dot command. Maybe there's even long time players who have never heard about the .rs command?

You know, I COMPLETELY forgot about that .rs command.  The last two times I returned a salute, was through the box standard .salute command.  lol

I've been around since Tour 113... :o
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »
It honestly depends.  If I see it, and I'm in a position where I can return it, then I will.  If I've ever been sent one and I didn't respond, I didn't see it and/or am too busy to send one back. 

If I send a salute, and don't get a return, I figure this is why, and I move on.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
I want to see salutes flying around the arena left and right, at least ten per second! I don't care how busy you are, drop what you're doing and get to it people! :old:

But seriously, as stated in this thread already, some will salute because they want to, others will not because of any number of reasons. So if you like someone or had a good fight with someone or just feel like typing .s at someone go right ahead, but don't take it personally if you don't get one back.

Of course, if you get something like the opposite of a salute back then you can take it personally. :bolt:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »
Salutes used to be almost automatic. 'course so were quality 1 on 1s that deserved a salute.

Im not saluting anyone who picks or ends up being one of the 4 on 1 who gets the kill. Over the years you always find a few who fight so dishonorably/arrogantly you'd never give a <S> no matter what they do.

It seems nowdays I never get a reply from a player who deserves the salute. Who knows the reason? Who cares?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »
My favorite no salute situation is beating multiple cons from underneath.  I imagine them breaking a keyboard in half or rage quitting for the night. :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »
My favorite no salute situation is beating multiple cons from underneath.  I imagine them breaking a keyboard in half or rage quitting for the night. :D

:rofl

I always return a <S> unless I miss it...or I am still fighting......

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »
Having been in the service, salutes are about honor and respect. I'll give a salute, or return a salute if it was a good fight, win or lose. If you pick me, vulch me, or I do the same to you I don't give salutes, nor expect them.

And there is that, if your giving salute because you expect one in return, your missing the whole point of a salute. A salute is NOT like a high five or something.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
I don't find it too hard to return a Salute within a few minutes, I can type .rs with my left hand only if needed. What I don't quite understand is that some people return my Salute by typing on 200, which takes much more time and effort than the simple dot command. Maybe there's even long time players who have never heard about the .rs command?
I didn't even know about the dot rs command. Learn something new everyday, thanks Biz.  :aok

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »
<S>
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline 230G

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 05:52:33 PM »
 Three reason salutes are not returned: 1) I don't know how the hell to do it. 2) I don't know where to looks to find out. 3) In a furball I'm sure I miss some, and don't have time to return them.

230G
If you approach from me from my 12:00 you will be unapologetically HO'ed.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »
I'll be honest, if I'm pissed or heavily annoyed I ignore them. This isn't often for me though. Otherwise I don't salute if I'm muted, AFK, in a fight or didn't see it.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
It seems like there is a trend going on, people not returning salutes. What is going on with that?
<S> flakhapy

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »
<S> sir.

For me, it is not an ego thing. If I am in a good fight, I salute, win or lose. I will also salute anyone who flies their tail off in a multi v one engagement. They earned it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »
Having been in the service, salutes are about honor and respect. I'll give a salute, or return a salute if it was a good fight, win or lose. If you pick me, vulch me, or I do the same to you I don't give salutes, nor expect them.

And there is that, if your giving salute because you expect one in return, your missing the whole point of a salute. A salute is NOT like a high five or something.

Well said. That's my take on salutes as well.

People may dismiss salutes, but to me, they're one of best indicators I use to judge another player's character. Not that my opinion of them matters. :rofl But I have much more respect for a mediocre pilot who acknowledges a good fight than I do a skilled pilot who's both a poor winner & loser.

Not surprisingly, the players I've found most reluctant to salute happen to also be the ones who pad their scores with hoard victories, avoid 1-1 engagements they don't have extreme advantage in, and HO like it's their job. Again - it all comes down to character.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »
 :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H