Author Topic: Cost for Bomber Bailing Epidemic  (Read 3251 times)

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Cost for Bomber Bailing Epidemic
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:10 AM »
Any damage caused by bombers if not shot down all damage is immediately repaired. That goes for all the one way trippers as well.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »
Any damage caused by bombers if not shot down all damage is immediately repaired. That goes for all the one way trippers as well.

They still get their perks, so most won't care.  If anything, you just made it easier to farm for perks really.  Up Ki-67's, hit town center, bail.  Rinse and repeat.

Also, what is your definition of "shot down"? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 02:46:13 AM »
I still believe that perking heavy ordinance would contribute to a solution here. It would have to be part of a more dynamic perk system but basically if repeated failures to complete missions degrades the ability to load heavier ordinance then the motivation increases to bring the planes home or the ability to influence arena game play thru bombing is diminished.

Ludere Vincere

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 03:59:28 AM »
I still believe that perking heavy ordinance would contribute to a solution here. It would have to be part of a more dynamic perk system but basically if repeated failures to complete missions degrades the ability to load heavier ordinance then the motivation increases to bring the planes home or the ability to influence arena game play thru bombing is diminished.

I don't see how this will really work out though.  For fighters, yes.  But for bombers?  No. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 05:32:04 AM »
As I said before, put a small perk tag on the drones (1st bomber for free). If they want to bail for free they should take a single buff.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 09:07:01 AM »
Have it show up on the buffer "*playername* has bailed out of *aircraft type*"

Then publicly humiliate them for it

(Beat me to it)

I ball from aircraft all the time and so do others just to go somewhere else to fight.

But think of this scenario., there's an noe raid at a certain base the all of a sudden the warning comes on country and the text buffer fills up with 10 or 15 pilots that just ball out of undamaged aircraft.   a sure warning to the noe guys that they have been found.

bailing out is just like hoing, you are not going to stop it.

And to finish, not that I don't believe you guys but I find bombers every day I fly,  but it is rare for me to find one that bails.   Think some exaggeration is high in this thread.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »
The second one only bails when engaged. He does it to deny the enemy a possible kill.

yyyYep.  That does seem to be the recurring pattern to me.

Good posts all.  Maybe AH will see one or more suggestions for change in here that they feel are reasonable.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
No to most of the above.   The game is suppose to be fun and trying to mold behavior through punishment is a tough road.  The fix (if one is needed) is increasing the reward for bombers who don't bail.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  Quit trying to make them drink.  Make him thirsty and he'll drink on his own. 
AMAX  in game

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
And to finish, not that I don't believe you guys but I find bombers every day I fly,  but it is rare for me to find one that bails.   Think some exaggeration is high in this thread.

semp

It may have something to do with playing time.  I relatively rarely see a buff bail during primetime.  I much more often see them bail when I get to play on weekend mornings/afternoons.  It seems plausible the same would apply on weekdays.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
There are more than a few long time players doing this, and they know better. :frown:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
Sorry, I meant time of day that it tends to happen, not amount of playing time.

People are going to do it, just like NOEs are going to bail/auger when discovered.  I've come to the conclusion you just need to accept the bad with the good in a sandbox game.  It gives you the freedom to do anything within the bounds of possibility in the game.  It also gives other people that same ability. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
I find that most of the fun involved with running buffs is either manning you guns to fend of fighters, or ditching your drones and slugging it out. I have bailed before, but only when there are no cons in the area and I have a long boring flight home.

Chuikov

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
Sorry, I meant time of day that it tends to happen, not amount of playing time.

People are going to do it, just like NOEs are going to bail/auger when discovered.  I've come to the conclusion you just need to accept the bad with the good in a sandbox game.  It gives you the freedom to do anything within the bounds of possibility in the game.  It also gives other people that same ability. ;)

Wiley.

I have never seen a bish NOE raid bail due to being discovered. To me that just means we will have to wook a little harder and smarter to get the base.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
yep, just had 2 bomb n bailers in less than 30 minutes. Would it be possible to take score away from those that bail from undamaged bombers?

While Understand your frustration, making someone be a target against their will, seems anti-freedom.  You just have to manage your expectations, not everyone elses game play.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 02:54:01 PM »
They still get their perks, so most won't care.  If anything, you just made it easier to farm for perks really.  Up Ki-67's, hit town center, bail.  Rinse and repeat.

Also, what is your definition of "shot down"? :headscratch:

If you make a bomb run on strats for example & you manage to knock them down to 50% & bail immediately from undamaged aircraft. As well as nose diving to rip you aircraft apart auguring & so on. The strat immediately repairs its self no damage to strats no perk points no achievement of any kind for the now non mission.

If any enemy damages your plane by shooting at you & hits you as it is now he gets the credit & the perks if the pilot so wants to bail. If he chooses to bail at the sight of any enemy prior to bomb run proxy range increased to 30K for the closest enemy player. I have popped dar bar chasing bombers the moment they see it they bail. They are to far away for filming but time wasted by the pursuer should be rewarded any how with the 30K proxy.

:headscratch: Or something like that.

My perspective is you want what you do to count then fly home & land.