Author Topic: Player and plane roster...  (Read 30493 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Player and plane roster...
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2015, 01:08:39 AM »
Yak3 - Chanzz

He was also pretty good in the Yak9, always put up a very good fight.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2015, 01:55:23 AM »
cobias A20 could possibly be beaten by YODAs A20 if anyone remembers him.
Betty use to be good in the typhie.
49Hack is dang good in the 152
Dolby in the 109F
Tongs is always a fun hard fight in his 61
Fester is great in a 47 D-11

I like to think im towards the top in 38s ive had some awsome fights with several of the people listed in their rides vs my 38L im no where near as good as AKAK Deli Soulyss Silat (where ever he dissappeared to) or Lazer or twinbooms.
49Dingo is outstanding in a spit great in everything but he isnt on very often 49Devil as well.

I wanna start doing some ladder stuff now lol
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2015, 05:03:51 AM »
cobias A20 could possibly be beaten by YODAs A20 if anyone remembers him.
Betty use to be good in the typhie.
49Hack is dang good in the 152
Dolby in the 109F
Tongs is always a fun hard fight in his 61
Fester is great in a 47 D-11

I like to think im towards the top in 38s ive had some awsome fights with several of the people listed in their rides vs my 38L im no where near as good as AKAK Deli Soulyss Silat (where ever he dissappeared to) or Lazer or twinbooms.
49Dingo is outstanding in a spit great in everything but he isnt on very often 49Devil as well.

I wanna start doing some ladder stuff now lol

It's interesting to see the lists because Fester would win 99% of the fights in any of these planes.  It's just how he was.

And JB11 in almost all of the birds
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:09:43 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2015, 09:46:37 AM »
It's interesting to see the lists because Fester would win 99% of the fights in any of these planes.  It's just how he was.

And JB11 in almost all of the birds

As long as I've played this game I've never fought fester. I've only had half a fight with kappa until I got picked. Crazy stuff considering they are both in my squad.  :headscratch:

As a matter of fact, I've rarely even seen fester in the skies when he flies. Dude is like invisible until he appears right on your 6.

Chanzz is awesome in the Yaks. I actually had a great fight with him in my 109g14 the other night unsuspectingly. He's been flying that thing for years. Always fun to fight a squadie when I have no idea they are flying.   :rolleyes:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2015, 01:51:43 PM »
Whats considered a good hit% :headscratch:
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »

9 and more, maybe even 8.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
9 and more, maybe even 8.

hahahaha

nope :neener:

8-9 is way above average....if you have a 8-9% hit ratio you are a very good shot.... but then again you could be hunting bombers and that will up your hit%

4% was average during WW2....I think Lusche said that is around average in AH also...5-7 is good...anything above that is very good....if you are hitting double digit you are an awesome shot....if you are hitting in the 20% you are "grizzlike" :rofl :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »

Average I think is around 2%, so "good" I would think is around 4%, anything over 8% I would think is exceptional.

But this like all the others "stats" can be gamed. Find a set of buffs AFK and you'll have a percentage like nobody would believe.... and well nobody would  :devil

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »
It kind of depends what you fly I think. In the P47 with 3,400 rounds I just shoot at whatever is 800y in front of me no matter the angle.   :lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #459 on: April 10, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Hit % has a lot to do what what bullets you are lobbing in my opinion. :cheers:

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »
Machine gun rounds usually reflect hit percentage better than cannons. As a rule of thumb, the more damage the round does, the less accurately that ammunition type reflects your hit percentage (typically cannon rounds will produce lower accuracy stats than machine guns, given pilots of equal shooting skill).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #461 on: April 10, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
Machine gun rounds usually reflect hit percentage better than cannons. As a rule of thumb, the more damage the round does, the less accurately that ammunition type reflects your hit percentage (typically cannon rounds will produce lower accuracy stats than machine guns, given pilots of equal shooting skill).

Agreed. I notice a significant drop in my % when using German iron. Although I am not as proficient with typical German gun load out as I am with american machine guns.
See Rule #4

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #462 on: April 10, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »

Yeah, but if you are having a terrible day aiming the 50s, It can be detrimental as you waste hundreds of rounds with only a few hits. In the cannon birds the key is to hit them and kill them on the first pass with a short 1.5 second burst. Most of the time in cannon birds I only shoot 20mm just to make sure those are the bullets I'm hitting the plane with. A good cannon aimer can have a good hit % buy shooting only 3-8 bullets and taking a plane down.

I have a hard time with 50s because they just don't do any damage and I have to shoot a lot of bullets to take the plane down. I see a ton of bullets hitting the plane, but also many bullets are missing. This causes me to have trouble with a good hit % with the 50s
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #463 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
hahahaha

nope :neener:

8-9 is way above average....if you have a 8-9% hit ratio you are a very good shot.... but then again you could be hunting bombers and that will up your hit%

4% was average during WW2....I think Lusche said that is around average in AH also...5-7 is good...anything above that is very good....if you are hitting double digit you are an awesome shot....if you are hitting in the 20% you are "grizzlike" :rofl :rofl

You're right I'm thinking of great hit %.

Very true. However I dont think this will be true when someone is using a bird that has cannons as a primary armament, and these cannons are like 50 cals in terms of ballistics....for example the Typhoon and Tempest?

Yeah, but if you are having a terrible day aiming the 50s, It can be detrimental as you waste hundreds of rounds with only a few hits. In the cannon birds the key is to hit them and kill them on the first pass with a short 1.5 second burst. Most of the time in cannon birds I only shoot 20mm just to make sure those are the bullets I'm hitting the plane with. A good cannon aimer can have a good hit % buy shooting only 3-8 bullets and taking a plane down.

I have a hard time with 50s because they just don't do any damage and I have to shoot a lot of bullets to take the plane down. I see a ton of bullets hitting the plane, but also many bullets are missing. This causes me to have trouble with a good hit % with the 50s

This is also true, shooting 50's is better for measuring a person's actual ability depending on the situation, for 50's you can shoot alot and have most hit, or sometimes shoot alot and have most hit.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #464 on: April 10, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »

You would have a tough time convincing someone that Grizz (.28), Fester (.265+) and Kappa (.22+) were shooting non-cannon birds.  In fact Grizz flew the K4 mostly but it was always a tater plane and Fester preferred the same.  I'm sure Kappa will come along shortly to correct any statements I make falsely on his behalf but I believe he's a German iron guy 50%+ of the time.  Of course this is all verifiable in the stats area.

You can look at it the other way:  Cannon rounds produce a higher rate of statistical accuracy because when they hit they do much more damage. No need to hold the trigger down as with .50s because they take more rounds to do the same damage (accelerating your opportunity for miss%)as cannons.  A great example is 2cmex.  Cannon guy all the way and his hit % suffered when he spent a few months in the 38J and K4 but when he plays regularly, he's easily in the .13+ and has been for years.

I'd love to see Lusche compare the cannon guys vs. the non-cannon guys.  I bet its not very close.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba