Author Topic: Fester map- fix it, or take it out of rotation,plz  (Read 1627 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Fester map- fix it, or take it out of rotation,plz
« on: March 15, 2015, 06:44:53 PM »
 Nothing personal with you Fester,  you know I always admire your skills and contribution on this game;
 but I'm paying for this game for over 10 years to have fun; I"m off this weekend want to have fun; there's nothing fun on a map stupid designed; impossible to defend and resup.  HQ without radar, and the radar bug was not fixed also; common I'm paying healthy $$$ , we need healthy, bugs free map;

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fester map- fix it, or take it out of rotation,plz
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »
I'd have to agree. As much as Fester is renowned And I respect him for not only making great maps. But also in putting in the time to do so. Nobody is perfect.

This map badly needs to be redone. On top of whats already listed its hard to read let alone fight on.

At least zigzag the bases and add a couple of more airfeilds. Or relocate the GV bases around the parimeter like the original Pizza map had them and put in a few more airbases where the current GV base lines are (still zigzag the line though)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:09:51 PM »
There is something up witht he dar bars lately....they wont be showing any cons then I fly to a field and hit 3-4 at 10K, all the sudden darbar comes back. Also this map doesn't play down very well....what I mean is if you don't have detailed terrain turned on...you can't tell what is water and what is ground. Literally the ocean looks like a crap pond
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
There is something up witht he dar bars lately....they wont be showing any cons then I fly to a field and hit 3-4 at 10K, all the sudden darbar comes back. Also this map doesn't play down very well....what I mean is if you don't have detailed terrain turned on...you can't tell what is water and what is ground. Literally the ocean looks like a crap pond

The radar not working isnt new

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
Nothing personal with you Fester,  you know I always admire your skills and contribution on this game;
 but I'm paying for this game for over 10 years to have fun; I"m off this weekend want to have fun; there's nothing fun on a map stupid designed; impossible to defend and resup.  HQ without radar, and the radar bug was not fixed also; common I'm paying healthy $$$ , we need healthy, bugs free map;
how about you fix your warping problem ghi....

As far as dar is concerned the bar always shows when the enemy is outside of its dar ring or when a friendly is near to the con. . . Quit gripping about your lack of access to easy mode and fix your own problems first.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »

what warp9ng are you talking about? this is my net 1 min ago; show me yours;

http://www.speedtest.net/

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:34:20 PM by ghi »

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
Lol I knew I wasn't the only one.
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »

As far as dar is concerned the bar always shows when the enemy is outside of its dar ring or when a friendly is near to the con. . . Quit gripping about your lack of access to easy mode and fix your own problems first.
He doesn't warp...the neg g push just looks unrealistic...kind of like a stick stir.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
He does warp. I know the difference between the neg g push and a warp. Wouldn't mind as much if he didn't just flat out deny it
See Rule #4

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »
lol you dam girls and your BS in here......
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
I think that the map has issues, I wished they would be addressed.  The radar not working is big issue on this map given the location of the city and HQ.

Perhaps you guys are right and there are two many bases in the middle but I need to say that I like the non-systemic nature of the map.

• Fix the radar - an HTC issue?
  • Fix the colors - (also an HTV issue - I say this b/c Fester has said that some colors were changed (by the system?) after he turned over the maps)
  • Reduce the number of center bases - Fester

(I think that the radar went "bad" a few years ago when HTC moved hosts (I think that that is what they did), radar never worked the same after IMO.  Maybe the system refresh parameters for the radar was changed then?)

Over all I like the map.  However, I can see why some would be a little worked up about it. 

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Man, this is honestly my favorite map on rotation. Great fights and action all around for all styles to engage. The only thing is the HQ strength and the color of the dars. Other than that, I don't see how there is an issue with this map as far as action goes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »
Man, this is honestly my favorite map on rotation. Great fights and action all around for all styles to engage. The only thing is the HQ strength and the color of the dars. Other than that, I don't see how there is an issue with this map as far as action goes.

Seconded.

The main issue with this map, as with EVERY SINGLE MAP IN THE ROTATION, is the stupid HQ griefing...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »
Seconded.

The main issue with this map, as with EVERY SINGLE MAP IN THE ROTATION, is the stupid HQ griefing...

Agreed  :old:
See Rule #4

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
Even with the dar issues, it's easy to see enemy coming to hit strats and hq if you are actually watching.

I understand the guys who only up once a dar bar is in the same sector as a strat will have troubles with a spotty dar but it's easy to watch a dar bar slowly work it's way over the course of 1.3 hours from a rear enemy field to your strats.

So what if the dar bar disappears near the strats, you just have to use some simple deductive reasoning that the planes that have been heading to your strats for the last hour are probably still there and still at 30,000 feet.

If your "strat defense" consists of only upping after dar is within 2 sectors of your strat, you have failed.