Author Topic: Example of Wrong  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Example of Wrong
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
My hits cause a 109 to lose his engine.  He ditches right in front of me.  No kill.  Call it what you want but its an example of wrong.

Happened to me the other night, shot down a formation of Lancasters and didn't get credit for either kills or an assist and we weren't near any bases and I was the only one that had engaged the bombers.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 01:01:39 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:42:05 PM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
This is not a bug.  The system worked as designed.  I like the way the system is designed and think it should stay the same.

Please do not call me names because I disagree with you.

I have no issue with disagreeing. Tell me why you'd like it to stay the same.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »
I already did tell you, and you went straight to the "my poop don't stink and everyone else is wrong" line. The next time you get away with a ditch after losing half your wing you will straight to the end zone celebration routine without even thinking about it.

But you do exemplify the word "wrong." That much is clear.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
Happened to me the other night, shot down a formation of Lancasters and didn't get credit for either kills or an assist and we weren't near any bases and I was the only one that had engaged the bombers.

If you actually shot them down (as opped to them ditching), it's a different issue than the OP presented. 
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
If you actually shot them down (as opped to them ditching), it's a different issue than the OP presented.

Ditching the aircraft means they've been shot down or rendered combat ineffective.  The example was clear.  Engine kill forced him out of the sky.  In wartime that is a victory for the person shot the engine out and a nice landing for the loser.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »
I have no issue with disagreeing. Tell me why you'd like it to stay the same.

In real life, if you were shot up and ditched 5 feet short of the runway then you wouldn't have been "killed" and the other pilot would not be credited for a kill, just like AH.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »
OP wasn't about landing on the runway or even near the runway.  Lots of dead stick landings during the War and whether the pilot was killed has nothing to do with it the shooter still got awarded the kill/victory.  I get shot down all the time and bail out and I'm not cartoon killed but I still show up in your buffer

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
Ditching the aircraft means they've been shot down or rendered combat ineffective.

Actually, ditching merely means that a player didn't land their aircraft on the runway or designated landing area (whether someone else caused that player to or the player just did it). There is no consideration of why .... only that the player didn't die (or bail). To be honest, I half expected this thread to be a satire (though it's even funnier if it's an attempt at a 'serious' debate).

But .... how the hell would ya code the game to know that a plane that took hits then ditched was a kill? (No, really, think about it.)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2015, 01:55:53 PM »
Actually, ditching merely means that a player didn't land their aircraft on the runway or designated landing area (whether someone else caused that player to or the player just did it). There is no consideration of why .... only that the player didn't die (or bail). To be honest, I half expected this thread to be a satire (though it's even funnier if it's an attempt at a 'serious' debate).

But .... how the hell would ya code the game to know that a plane that took hits then ditched was a kill? (No, really, think about it.)

I just got off the phone with Skuzzy and he explained it.  What's funny is no one in this thread is actually right.  Lots of partial hits but no "kills" lol.
And the coding is already there for the most part...it has to be.  It knew I oiled the 109 and that forced the engine to shut down.  You're not missing much to complete the circle eh?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:57:24 PM by Changeup »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 01:57:42 PM »
I just got off the phone with Skuzzy and he explained it.  What's funny is no one in this thread is actually right.  Lots of partial hits but no "kills" lol.

Seriously?  :lol

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2015, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
Way too. Waaaaaaay.  :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
Way too. Waaaaaaay.  :D

Looking for an answer call tech support.  Simple as that

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 02:08:43 PM »

Oh please enlighten us :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman