Author Topic: Example of Wrong  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Example of Wrong
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »
Got to ask this, seeing how according to you "He ditches right in front of me"  Why did you stop firing at the nme aircraft until it exploded ?   That to me seems to be wrong, also, how do you know how much prior damage was taken by the 109.  I believe that your single bullet caused the oil leak and engine loss, but who else might have inflected the bulk of the damage?

If there were others around I wouldn't have brought it up.  There wasn't.
We were both low and slow and he bellied and I flew by...he towered out while I was coming back around.

This is not that tough.  Its been explained.  It's not very realistic.  It's cool.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
You could hit a perfectly good plane who is attempting to shoot you down, you reverse him and pound 35 rounds of 20mm into them, blow them into 45 peices, and end up getting an assist. Why?  :bhead
How are you establishing "perfectly good"? 

In theory, I understand it's "the person doing the most damage first" gets the kill. I would think it's near impossible to know how much damage a plane has in every case. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 11:19:10 AM »
If you PW someone you will get the kill no matter how little damage you did.
See Rule #4

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »
How are you establishing "perfectly good"? 

In theory, I understand it's "the person doing the most damage first" gets the kill. I would think it's near impossible to know how much damage a plane has in every case.

The best example I have is my "flight of the violator" film on YouTube. I'm getting jumped by 5 planes and successfully reverse 2 of them. On the first spit I hit during that tango, I rip his wing clean off, with no friendlies around me, and get a assist ( although you can't tell because the text buffer isn't on). There appears to be no damage at all on him, especially for a plane that is easily and clearly engaging me. So I don't understand how I got the assist.

And yes GLZ I realize that too. Maybe the guy did have a PW. But it sure didn't seem like it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »

The best example I have is my "flight of the violator" film on YouTube. I'm getting jumped by 5 planes and successfully reverse 2 of them. On the first spit I hit during that tango, I rip his wing clean off, with no friendlies around me, and get a assist ( although you can't tell because the text buffer isn't on). There appears to be no damage at all on him, especially for a plane that is easily and clearly engaging me. So I don't understand how I got the assist.

And yes GLZ I realize that too. Maybe the guy did have a PW. But it sure didn't seem like it.

Maybe a bug?

A few days ago I was robbed of two solid kills in one mission, one right after the other. Each fight was extended, and it was obvious going in that neither pilot was wounded and that their machines were in perfect working condition (each one was a battle to stay alive in). No friendlies around... pretty sure I was the first nme they met. First was a jug... took me minutes to tear off enough parts in multiple passes to take a wing off. Then I followed him down and lit him up. NOTHING. No kill, no assist... nothing. I forget what the second plane was but the circumstances were similar... it took multiple hits w/ my .50s before he went down, but when he did, it was a definitive kill. Still - no kill, no assist.

That's the only time I've experienced such an issue (knock on wood).

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
Sometimes the text buffer gets stuck behind. So when you kill someone it wont show up until after the conversation has brought it up to you.
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »

If someone hosed him down and didn't knock anything off, it would appear pristine wouldn't it?  It's odd, but it can happen.  The other day I had a P47 hit me on 2 passes all over my 109.  I believe the only thing damaged was a cowl gun, but it sounded like a hailstorm in a quonset on both passes.  Someone else finished me but I'm sure the jug got the kill.  I had flown back about half a sector can't remember why the jug was off, but the guy that killed me would've just seen a 109 actively engaging him with no damage.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
It wouldn't matter regardless because the enemy was closest to his base. So even if someone hit him before, they still wouldn't get a kill or assist. It is all about where you are when you shoot the guy down. Inside their radar they get a ditch no matter what. This is why you don't get proxies on them as well.

So this brings up the next question. The assist model and what constitutes a kill rather than an assist. You could hit a perfectly good plane who is attempting to shoot you down, you reverse him and pound 35 rounds of 20mm into them, blow them into 45 peices, and end up getting an assist. Why?  :bhead

Skuzzy, for 1000 points!!!

Lord I apologize

If the plane had exploded it would not have been a ditch.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
Inside their radar they get a ditch no matter what.

This can be a misleading statement, as you can easily be within your radar, yet closer to an enemy base than to your own. Happens particularly in battles involving CV's.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »

This can be a misleading statement, as you can easily be within your radar, yet closer to an enemy base than to your own. Happens particularly in battles involving CV's.

Yeah you got me there haha
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2015, 11:26:01 PM »
If the plane had exploded it would not have been a ditch.

If a frog had wings, they wouldn't bump their donut when they hop...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
And this thread is in help and training Why???
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »

Becaused Skuzzy moved it here from the Bug Report forum  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »

Confusion on how things work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com