Author Topic: A-320 crash  (Read 3441 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
A-320 crash
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
A A-320 of Germanwings is believed to went down in the apps. All on board(148 souls) are believed to be dead. 
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: A-320 crash
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:41:38 AM »
That's just sad . Seems like a lot of planes have been going down lately .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 11:17:46 AM »
blessed be their souls
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:32 AM »
Not good. Now they are saying there was no word from anyone on board since it took off.

Nothing. No emergency beacon, no radio transmissions, no cell phone calls. The odds of that happening at cruising altitude due to mechanical is low I believe. Whatever it was it was catastrophic. Sad end for these people. :pray
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:35 AM »
Not good. Now they are saying there was no word from anyone on board since it took off.

Nothing. No emergency beacon, no radio transmissions, no cell phone calls. The odds of that happening at cruising altitude due to mechanical is low I believe. Whatever it was it was catastrophic. Sad end for these people. :pray

Sounds a little like Helios Airways Flight 522.  Yeah, I found that one trying to look up another one.

I recall a similar incident that happened here in the US some years ago, where a private jet crashed.  In this case, there was a valve in the engine that was locked "open", which after it climbed to 20k, caused the entire crew and passengers, to pass out.  Tried to look up the details of this flight, but haven't been lucky.  Ran into Flight 522.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:02 AM »
Sounds a little like Helios Airways Flight 522.  Yeah, I found that one trying to look up another one.

I recall a similar incident that happened here in the US some years ago, where a private jet crashed.  In this case, there was a valve in the engine that was locked "open", which after it climbed to 20k, caused the entire crew and passengers, to pass out.  Tried to look up the details of this flight, but haven't been lucky.  Ran into Flight 522.

I believe that was the crash that killed pro golfer Payne Stewart
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 06:12:41 AM »

I believe that was the crash that killed pro golfer Payne Stewart

It was the Payne Stewart accident as it became known in the industry and it was on a charter flight of a Lear Jet.  The valve, didn't get "locked open", it was a manual valve on the O2 bottle that was missed on the walk around inspection and left in the closed position.  As the aircraft climbed to cruise level, everyone was overcome from a lack of O2. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 06:13:47 AM »
It was the Payne Stewart accident as it became known in the industry and it was on a charter flight of a Lear Jet.  The valve, didn't get "locked open", it was a manual valve on the O2 bottle that was missed on the walk around inspection and left in the closed position.  As the aircraft climbed to cruise level, everyone was overcome from a lack of O2.

Ah, thank you.  I couldn't remember the details of it clearly. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 06:29:23 AM »
"Some Germanwings pilots and cabin crew have refused to fly following the carrier's unexplained crash in the French Alps, the airline confirmed Wednesday.

Germanwings said there were "occasional flight disruptions" within its network due to "crew members who decided not to operate aircraft" following the crash of Flight 4U9525 with 150 people aboard en route to Dusseldorf, Germany."

I'm wondering what they suspect that we don't know.  Its a little surprising that Germanwings doesn't have the depth of staff that so many additional flights needed to be canceled.   That is a little unusual. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »
I'm wondering if it was frozen AOA sensors, I believe a Spanish owned A321 just went thru an un commanded desent a few months ago. And (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't that Air France flight (A330) that crashed into the Atlantic have issues with its speed sensors due to a possible frozen pitot tube?

Regardless, very sad. I'm sure they will know the cause once all the data is reviewed.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
I'm wondering if it was frozen AOA sensors, I believe a Spanish owned A321 just went thru an un commanded desent a few months ago. And (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't that Air France flight (A330) that crashed into the Atlantic have issues with its speed sensors due to a possible frozen pitot tube?

Regardless, very sad. I'm sure they will know the cause once all the data is reviewed.
They are talking  about a 50-60 knot speed decrease in climb out 15 minutes before the emergency call. 
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
"Some Germanwings pilots and cabin crew have refused to fly following the carrier's unexplained crash in the French Alps, the airline confirmed Wednesday.

Germanwings said there were "occasional flight disruptions" within its network due to "crew members who decided not to operate aircraft" following the crash of Flight 4U9525 with 150 people aboard en route to Dusseldorf, Germany."

I'm wondering what they suspect that we don't know.  Its a little surprising that Germanwings doesn't have the depth of staff that so many additional flights needed to be canceled.   That is a little unusual.

Germanwings is a budget airliner owned by Lufthansa. They probably operate on skeleton crew.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
Speed and alt chart. Looks like a decent on auto pilot. my feeling is that the pilots were incapacitated and and set the auto pilot on 6000 (or something like that) before they passed out. Decompression migth be the cause. ATC didnt get any contact during decend.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
Speed and alt chart. Looks like a decent on auto pilot. my feeling is that the pilots were incapacitated and and set the auto pilot on 6000 (or something like that) before they passed out. Decompression migth be the cause. ATC didnt get any contact during decend.

That's been my assumption, too.

- oldman

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
Breaking: NY Times reporting pilot was locked out of cockpit.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!