Author Topic: Dresden POW survivor video interview  (Read 2244 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Dresden POW survivor video interview
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
Good point!

Decided not to get involved.

Would be a great subject to have a rational, non emotional discussion on, but i dont think thats a reality here.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »
Please explain your objection to my "typical sweeping statement" (typical of what, one might well ask?, but I digress): how, exactly, is an author's perception of his own moral qualities (as opposed to the possible moral questions pertaining to the facts at hand) relevant to the facts?  Writers on both sides of this question are presumably susceptible to the same thing; is it just people who disagree with your point of view who merit the scrutiny?

My point of view is irrelevant i am not rich or famous :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
I hate this kind of drivel. The hyper articulate stick poking. The reducto ad absurdism. The chest beating righteousness. Please lock this terrible waste of electrons.
Pies not kicks.

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
My point of view is irrelevant i am not rich or famous :old:

Non sequitur, old bean; non sequitur.
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »
I hate this kind of drivel. The hyper articulate stick poking. The reducto ad absurdism. The chest beating righteousness. Please lock this terrible waste of electrons.

Those eyelids just painted on, or what?  If discussions of topics you find unpleasant fill you with hatred, they're easy enough to avoid.

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
Would be a great subject to have a rational, non emotional discussion on, but i dont think thats a reality here.

Hope springs eternal.

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »

"That's why we call them 'terrorists' and not 'soldiers'. That's why they're considered 'unlawful combatants' and are not afforded any protection by the laws of war. That's why we call them 'badguys'."

Interesting point. If you don't like the enemies actions, or maybe just do not like them..you would call them a name..and 'consider' them outside 'the' laws protection. AND treat them differently..worse(?) then you would treat an enemy you liked.
 Rather refutes your position....
 I'd better drink more..I have a fanboy to keep impressed.
                                                                      J(hic)Groth
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:10:17 PM by Groth »

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
 The Kumbaya Theory of warfare will only get you so far..than your own prejudices, legit or no, will put you in the gutter, with us 'less enlightened'...every time.
                                     JGroth....whoops..need a beer! Cheers diseased Leporidae!

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
If you don't like the enemies actions, or maybe just do not like them..you would call them a name..and 'consider' them outside 'the' laws protection. AND treat them differently..worse(?) then you would treat an enemy you liked.

International law is clear on this, so I think the argument falls rather flat.  If our governments are going to pick and choose which laws they'll obey and which treaties they'll honor, I'd say we're due for another revolution... nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
 I agree, hcrana...... awaiting enlightenment by pred....
                                                 more alcohol needed...bunnies are fierce..or a farce? 20 gauge will fix em every time.
                                                                                                   JGroth
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:02:33 PM by Groth »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
"That's why we call them 'terrorists' and not 'soldiers'. That's why they're considered 'unlawful combatants' and are not afforded any protection by the laws of war. That's why we call them 'badguys'."

Interesting point. If you don't like the enemies actions, or maybe just do not like them..you would call them a name..and 'consider' them outside 'the' laws protection. AND treat them differently..worse(?) then you would treat an enemy you liked.
 I'd better drink more..I have a fanboy to keep impressed.
                                                                      J(hic)Groth

I always wonder why we called it the "war on terror" and yet we had no "real armies" on the other side.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:03 PM »
I dunno, I grew up at a time when peace was maintained by both sides stated willingness (and capability) to incinerate the other's civilians en masse.

And don't give me that crap about military targets within cities - couple megatons here and there are not precision weapons.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2015, 11:46:21 PM »
 I understand we no longer have neutron bombs... do you think Red China and Puten disabled theres??
                 Just rename an enemy....and laws do not apply
                                           I'd better drink more...rabbits need excuse to exist
                                                         20 gauge baby
                                                                  JGroth

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2015, 12:14:08 AM »
What?

Seriously, wtf?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2015, 12:46:44 AM »
Seriously...wtf hell..do we or not?
          Better drink more...have image to uphold.
                                              JGroth