Author Topic: 12 Hours of Epic Combat.  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
12 Hours of Epic Combat.
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »
This Saturday the Target for Today scenario presents you with an opportunity. Maybe flying scenarios or FSO hasn't been your cup of tea, but this event offers several elements that make it more appealing to all players:

1. Flight windows at the top of every hour: If you don't like the one and done or two and done format of previous events because you get knocked out early, this event will allow you to relaunch once every hour to exact revenge.

2. Short flight times: One element of scenarios and FSO's that not everyone enjoys are the comparatively longer flight times. For this event we will be using England and France map, which allows for comparatively shorter flight times to the main areas of combat. Some battles will be at longer distances, but the central part of the map will be active for most of the day, and the trip across the channel at that point is no more than 10 minutes for most birds.

3. Fly as often or as little as you like: For those of you unwilling to commit to the usual 2-4 hours that it takes to fly an event, the one hour flight windows allow you to take breaks between your flights. You do not need to fly the entire scenario if you wish. You can fly for a couple of hours, head to the (empty) MA if you want to, and come back whenever you want.

4. More historical accuracy: This event is designed to simulate combat conditions during a typical day over 1943 Europe. History buffs who want to get a more realistic experience of World War II era combat will find this event much more true to life than the daily grind of the MA. Aircraft matchups are more realistic and strategies and objectives generate the type of battles that were common for the era.

5. Team-Oriented play: Pilots will be assigned to squadrons with specific objectives. This is not the lone eagle style of combat that typifies the Main Arena. You will learn to co-operate with other pilots to get the job done.

Walk-on pilots will be assigned to a specific side and squadron, but if there's a specific ride you want to fly, you can sign up for a squadron on the forum page here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,640.0.html

More information on the scenario can be found here: http://www.ahevents.org/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario.html

Anyone wishing to fly with 418 or 613 Mosquito squadrons can send me a PM on the boards. Our squadrons will be flying the most difficult and challenging missions for the event and we are always looking for good pilots.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:15:27 PM by hitech »

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Myself and a couple of the POTW are doing the marathon... 12 hours.. come on guys thsi entails the whole time span. Meet guys from all time zones...From Autralia to Timbucktoo. Lets see how many marathon players we have going.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Myself and a couple of the POTW are doing the marathon... 12 hours.. come on guys thsi entails the whole time span. Meet guys from all time zones...From Autralia to Timbucktoo. Lets see how many marathon players we have going.

LawnDart

Planning on it.  Got a supply of readily available food, alcohol, water, and the head is close to my computer!

Horrido!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
Modified because I edit the original post.

HiTech

This scenario seems interesting😉 (modified because it was modified😁)

Interceptor
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:43:43 PM by Interceptor »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Modified because I edit the original post.

HiTech

This scenario seems interesting😉 (modified because it was modified😁)

Interceptor

modification  :x
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
Is modifying a modified post a real modification. .  . ?  :old: :neener: :old:

modification  :x

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: 12 Hours of Epic Combat.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »
I will be there the full 12 hours in I/JG27.  Bf 109G-6's  :aok

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »
 :salute

Nice sales pitch. I agree thus is going to be fun
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
 :aok

I'll be there! <S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
I plan to do the 12 hours of Aces High myself !
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
12 hrs......... :rock :rock :rock

unless my sat internet wont connect then it will be  :bhead :bhead while I want to be :airplane: :joystick: :t :t :t :t

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
2AM start is a little early for me, but i'll see you at window 4!

This is truly going to be amazing <S>!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
Plan to be there most, if not all of the 12 hours.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Coffee...check

Beer....check

I'm ready for the marathon.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »
Most of the Pigs will be flying for the full 12!  See you all up there!!! :banana:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!