Author Topic: I So Miss The Old vTards  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: I So Miss The Old vTards
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:12 PM »
So predominantly, at least in this thread, this squad is missed for the easy kills they provided? And it's HQ dropping that is killing the game.
 :rolleyes:

I would much rather have my tucus handed to me by the Muppets than club seals.

The fun of shooting down the vTards wasn't because they were extremely easy kills but rather the fun was making vDallas send rage PMs whining about being shot down.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »
The fun of shooting down the vTards wasn't because they were extremely easy kills but rather the fun was making vDallas send rage PMs whining about being shot down.
Well okay, now that is worth it ;) I have heard many stories of those pm's...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »

I was the recipient of many and just laughed at how someone could be so vulgar in trying to blame others for their own suckage.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 12:04:03 AM »
I dont recall the Brigade flying NOE that much. It did happen on occasion, but not nearly as much as you suggest. You may be confusing the Alch's with the Brigade. As the Alch's posted missions are usually NOE and then pop at the last minute.

Nope. Early on, the vast majority of their "missions" were NOE. Then they went up to 5 or 10K (any higher and
most of 'em wound up compressing and divin' into the dirt. Their last six months of existence, they'd transitioned
to 15 or 20K Doras and P51s and were under strict orders not to actually try to fight anything after their
initial bomb drops. The thinking was, I guess, that he wanted at least some of them to actually survive
a strike.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »
Nope. Early on, the vast majority of their "missions" were NOE. Then they went up to 5 or 10K (any higher and
most of 'em wound up compressing and divin' into the dirt. Their last six months of existence, they'd transitioned
to 15 or 20K Doras and P51s and were under strict orders not to actually try to fight anything after their
initial bomb drops. The thinking was, I guess, that he wanted at least some of them to actually survive
a strike.
Like I said. Trend setters.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »

Dallas would probably VOX his own mother if she shot him down; LOL. I remember when I changed names to Butcher and was defending a port; I managed over 125 kills in an hour defending the port from the v-fails. He was busy voxing me the entire time growing frustrated that I kept landing 10 kills in a 109K every 5 minutes, at one point I think he was literally sitting in a 5 inch trying to shoot at us because everyone was landing 5+ kills every few minutes.

This goes on for an hour and half; dallas was busy voxing every single defender - you knew which one was dallas, he was in an F4u-4 hiding in his own ack with a half dozen 5 inch gunners.
I forget who someone ended up with 21 kills in a Dora who was laughing he never landed "5" before, he started getting PM's from dallas, he posted them on the forums a while back; it was a great chuckle.
Ironically that tour I ended up #1 in fighters because I amassed so many kills that day, more then I would for the better most of a week or two.

Someone flew low lancs to drop the CV, I believe Dallas tried to "Ho" the Lanc and ended up colliding with the lead Buff and blew up; I think we were all in tears from laughter at this point because they practically gave up. It was no more then 6 defenders vs 20+ attackers.
JG 52

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2015, 10:09:01 AM »
a strike.

Sorry Oddball, but I was pretty high up within the Brigade, so im pretty sure that i know most of what went on within it. Especially when it came to the mission. I dont know where you get your "strict order" information, but our missions near the end were mostly fly what ya want missions. Especially fighter sweeps. In the beginning, it was rarely NOE.

The brigade had some good sticks, and a lot of members that liked to have fun. A good portion of the members were also pretty new to the game. New players often went to squads that had lots of members. The Brigade never claimed to be the best squadron at anything. But one think we were good at, especially Bob0, was coming up with the most absurd mission and making it work. The main goal behind the crazy missions was fun. For example the D3A1 raids or the deer hunting missions. There a video around here somewhere of the D3A1s.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »
Odd's observations mirror most of ours and the majority of vTard missions were NOE.   They were also easy pickings.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »
Then those were most likely not Brigade missions. The brigade did support many posted missions. Such as Flakhappy's, which were, and still almost always are NOE. The first v that ever went down on any mission and it was declared a vMission. The majority of Brigade planned missions were not NOE.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
There's an old saying that "perception is reality". Good luck changin' mine.  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2015, 05:03:06 PM »
Sorry Oddball, but I was pretty high up within the Brigade, so im pretty sure that i know most of what went on within it. Especially when it came to the mission. I dont know where you get your "strict order" information, but our missions near the end were mostly fly what ya want missions. Especially fighter sweeps. In the beginning, it was rarely NOE.

The brigade had some good sticks, and a lot of members that liked to have fun. A good portion of the members were also pretty new to the game. New players often went to squads that had lots of members. The Brigade never claimed to be the best squadron at anything. But one think we were good at, especially Bob0, was coming up with the most absurd mission and making it work. The main goal behind the crazy missions was fun. For example the D3A1 raids or the deer hunting missions. There a video around here somewhere of the D3A1s.

many of us would get behind them and shoot one after the other.  they wouldnt go left or right they would just go straight.  it was ridiculous.  at the beginning it was funny after a while it became boring and I stopped chasing them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
Loved it it when sizing up a mass of bish from above with FBKillaD and just hovering until the most timid one stood out... 90% of the time it was Dallas and it only confirmed it when the bish gaggle turned around to try to save his Dora or Dash-4...

Heck I broke my own chair in a fit of laughter when I bomb-vulched a gaggle in a labeled "v-misson" with my Arado... Then the onslaught of voxing from Dallas forced me to circle my own base for 15 minutes because I couldn't concentrate with something so damn funny... Almost as funny as a certain spawn-camper's voxing...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »
I remember lots of Mustangs all going downhill in a hurry.  On a few occasions I remember having to take a Mustang just to catch them.  The old 38G just never got that fast. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters