Author Topic: Why in the world did Fester map reset?  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Why in the world did Fester map reset?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »
Ok I have to ask....whats the big deal with the HQ going down? bases still flash and there is a country Chanel to find out whats going on.

Its information.  It would be like going to a new grocery store looking for a can of soup but there are no signs up so you walk up and down each isle to find soup then swear you will never shop there again.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Lol this dude takes advantage of the easiest aspect to AH, has only been here like 2 years and thinks he has a grasp of this game and community. Why don't you learn the game better and be better at more aspects of the game before you talk crap. Don't think you are good just because you can take advantage of the game with hardly any competition. It's so cheesy brah.

he sucks in a fighter that's why he flies bombers even though he sucks in those to so when your suckage is  that bad you take the easiest route to greive as many players as you can so take down the HQ and piss off as many people as i can because I suck. and then to consistently thump your chest and how awesome you are
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 01:44:45 PM »
Ok I have to ask....whats the big deal with the HQ going down? bases still flash and there is a country Chanel to find out whats going on.

This works very little to none during off hours, when ongoing battles are the exception, not the norm.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

Yep.  And if it's primetime and your gameplay consists of hording undefended bases, spawn camping, or upping into the vulch/spawncamp it doesn't impact you much at all.

If however you want to do something like say, defend strats from further attacks, or go after the guys that are porking the front line at high altitude, they become practically invisible.  If it's off peak times where people generally aren't hording, the entire enemy force is invisible until they start flashing a base.  If they're at 25000 feet, it's going to take you about half to 3/4 of an hour to intercept them once you find them and upping from the base they're passing over.

When dar is UP, half the time you can't get people to identify what they're chasing asking them specifically when it's a singleton or twosy in an obscure corner of the map.  That problem is magnified when dar's down because you don't even know who to ask.

The Readers Digest version, HQ being down negates meaningful strat defense and anything other than the most simplistic gameplay, and pretty much kills the entire capability of the side in offpeak hours.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »
Lol this dude takes advantage of the easiest aspect to AH, has only been here like 2 years and thinks he has a grasp of this game and community. Why don't you learn the game better and be better at more aspects of the game before you talk crap. Don't think you are good just because you can take advantage of the game with hardly any competition. It's so cheesy brah.
your information is outdated.

How I play this game and what I have done are on a level much higher than your simple find a fight entertainment. Commanding, executing, and dominating the playing field is my creed. It doesnt always work out the way I want but thats the fun of it.

For 6 years ive played this game. I have evolved past your illusions of how you and others feel the way the game shoukd be played and I will continue for many years to come :neener:
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »
feel free to leave the game.  we wont miss you.

semp
u wish old fart :cheers:

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »
he sucks in a fighter that's why he flies bombers even though he sucks in those to so when your suckage is  that bad you take the easiest route to greive as many players as you can so take down the HQ and piss off as many people as i can because I suck. and then to consistently thump your chest and how awesome you are
This game is complicated and far from an arcade. Im decent in a fighter. Horrible turn/stall fighter. 100% money Jabo pilot. It takes month to learn a plane in this game. You have to fly something all the time to learn an edge.

My mode for playing the game is always to win the war. I can do more to influence that in buffs. Just like with any plane if you want to get good in it you have to practice. I die a lot because i put myself in situations simulating worse case scenario. It makes me better and I evolve.

I am a great buff pilot. I am not an immortal cartoon!

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
If however you want to do something like say, defend strats from further attacks, or go after the guys that are porking the front line at high altitude, they become practically invisible.  If it's off peak times where people generally aren't hording, the entire enemy force is invisible until they start flashing a base.  If they're at 25000 feet, it's going to take you about half to 3/4 of an hour to intercept them once you find them and upping from the base they're passing over.

When dar is UP, half the time you can't get people to identify what they're chasing asking them specifically when it's a singleton or twosy in an obscure corner of the map.  That problem is magnified when dar's down because you don't even know who to ask.

The Readers Digest version, HQ being down negates meaningful strat defense and anything other than the most simplistic gameplay, and pretty much kills the entire capability of the side in offpeak hours.

Wiley.
LoL

Couldnt say that better myself!!! Such a high profile target and HTC leaves it how it is yet because they wont change it you instead hate the players who capitalize on it :rofl

The sickness within this community is horrifying! The sickness is strong with you

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:06 PM »
your information is outdated.

How I play this game and what I have done are on a level much higher than your simple find a fight entertainment. Commanding, executing, and dominating the playing field is my creed. It doesnt always work out the way I want but thats the fun of it.

For 6 years ive played this game. I have evolved past your illusions of how you and others feel the way the game shoukd be played and I will continue for many years to come :neener:

If you played to win the war, then you obviously have no clue what you are doing. Killing the HQ is not correlated with winning the war, as much as you may think. Hitech simply cannot change the dynamic of the HQ at this time. He is working on the new game. That being said, I know how to fly a lot of planes in this game. I can jabo and bomb and know a lot of strategy in this game. Simply flying to across the whole world to kill the HQ is not strategic what so ever. With all the time it takes, you and bros could have taken 2 bases. This is what you don't understand and this is why people don't really care for you. It doesn't matter that you can bomb, it matters that you are a cheap skate with cheap skate tactics, that ruin the game and do nothing to actually win the war. If you spent your time actually taking bases the players would actually appreciate you a lot more.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
LoL

Couldnt say that better myself!!! Such a high profile target and HTC leaves it how it is yet because they wont change it you instead hate the players who capitalize on it :rofl

The sickness within this community is horrifying! The sickness is strong with you

It's not that they WON'T change it, it's that they cant change it while the new version is in Alpha. Hitech was resetting the timer each morning for a while and it seemed to work well, far fewer complaints. Expect to see a change when the new version comes out.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »
It's not that they WON'T change it, it's that they cant change it while the new version is in Alpha. Hitech was resetting the timer each morning for a while and it seemed to work well, far fewer complaints. Expect to see a change when the new version comes out.
I do expect a change which includes manned guns and a hard HQ :rock manned guns alone would solve the current problem!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:59:55 PM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
If you played to win the war, then you obviously have no clue what you are doing. Killing the HQ is not correlated with winning the war, as much as you may think. Hitech simply cannot change the dynamic of the HQ at this time. He is working on the new game. That being said, I know how to fly a lot of planes in this game. I can jabo and bomb and know a lot of strategy in this game. Simply flying to across the whole world to kill the HQ is not strategic what so ever. With all the time it takes, you and bros could have taken 2 bases. This is what you don't understand and this is why people don't really care for you. It doesn't matter that you can bomb, it matters that you are a cheap skate with cheap skate tactics, that ruin the game and do nothing to actually win the war. If you spent your time actually taking bases the players would actually appreciate you a lot more.
I have made dozen HQ runs in the 6 years i have played this game and only once with the 49ers. I have taken or helped take over a thousand bases though. Your opinion of how i played is warped by your problem with HQ and my unwillingness to shut up about it or anything else!

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
Last night on Fester it appeared that downing the HQ was planned to allow confusion to reign on the knights side while their bases were taken from them. That was one of the original reasons I think for allowing the HQ to be taken down on maps. Blind a country, then steal bases while they are confused. This Fester map is ideal for that, and we are lucky in some ways Fester didn't introduce this map back in the evil mega hoard days of the mid 2000s.

Game evolution over a decade is now showing us just how much player satisfaction of the larger community depends on global map radar untouched. Bombing the HQ has evolved into one player relieving himself from a tree branch on his neighbor's guests at a backyard BBQ and getting away with it.

Since the community at large is not paying $14.95 to spend their precious few hours stacked up over the HQ every day because one dork wants to whizz on them. Just like Hitech has never coded choke hold strategic objects that would allow a single player to take away all fighters across a country. The HQ has evolved to represent an action similar in it's mass customer dissatisfaction with this product. You do not allow a single customer to whizz on 1\3 of your paying customers every night of the week, multiple times in each night.

Hitech's recent action to shorten the HQ down time supports the over all customer negative experience. We are lucky he didn't make 163 free and available at all of the un-capture able bases near the HQ's. The increase of the 163 perk supported another community at large negative experience with the product.

Large enough negative experiences means canceled subscriptions which the whizzers in similar communities never seem to care about. But, they will have a single voice in forums trying to seem as loud as the larger dissatisfied community. With a single goal to keep the branch from being cut down that they nightly mount to whizz on their neighbor's BBQs.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
I have made dozen HQ runs in the 6 years i have played this game and only once with the 49ers. I have taken or helped take over a thousand bases though. Your opinion of how i played is warped by your problem with HQ and my unwillingness to shut up about it or anything else!

lots of us have help or taken 1000's of bases, heck just playing for a year you can help take a couple of hundred.  so 1000 bases in 6 years is kind of on the low side.  heck we used to roll and taking 15 or 20 bases in a couple of hours before.  I remember the time we had buffs go up to 20k and we flew thru 4 bases and we didnt drop as the bases had already been taken, think it was the 6th when we dropped and we were almost out of fuel.

so I am not sure why you bragging about taking 1000 bases.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
Even just 2 years ago, any plane that overflew strats or HQ did not make it home alive.

Now, we have planes making 5 passes on the city at 10k and not enduring any interception.

The "change" is in the player base.

If they want to only furball, I don't see how having hq up or down makes any difference.