Author Topic: For Ack Ack  (Read 11255 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: For Ack Ack
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »
Will we be able to toggle the hud on/off....and especially off for special events and stuff

I like the look of the hud and the concept...just don't think I'm gonna use it...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »
Looks fantastic HTC, cant wait! <S>

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2015, 11:07:31 AM »
Will we be able to toggle the hud on/off....and especially off for special events and stuff

I like the look of the hud and the concept...just don't think I'm gonna use it...

You can turn it off for yourself, I doubt that I will make it a host config.

HiTech

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
Heads up display in a world war two aeroplane? Have you struck your head old boy?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
Has anyone noticed Ack hasn't answered yet, I'm a bit concerned he watched the vid and may have fainted...... :eek:
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »
Heads up display in a world war two aeroplane? Have you struck your head old boy?

People didn't get to fly again after death in WWII either. (I.E. Your simply playing the selective realism game)

The pitch ladder and the IAS & Alt are  no different then how our stall horn works. Some things simply are more difficult on a computer screen then in the real thing. Knowing your attitude and speed are much more difficult on a computer screen then in real life, especially when flying in the vertical. Hence the addition is simply a substation for the information (i.E. Feel and peripheral vision) that you would have in real life.

Doing accurate & realistic simulation is not simply a matter of it was xxx way in real life hence it must be xxx way on the sim. Some things simply can not be a direct substitution for real life because of the lack of feed back a 2 d monitor and a spring loaded joystick give you.

HiTech
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:37:54 AM by hitech »

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
See rule #6
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:41:31 AM by hitech »

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
People didn't get to fly again after death in WWII either. (I.E. Your simply playing the selective realism game)

The pitch ladder and the IAS & Alt are  no different then how our stall horn works. Some things simply are more difficult on a computer screen then in the real thing. Knowing your attitude and speed are much more difficult on a computer screen then in real life, especially when flying in the vertical. Hence the addition is simply a substation for the information (i.E. Feel and peripheral vision) that you would have in real life.

Doing accurate & realistic simulation is not simply a matter of it was xxx way in real life hence it must be xxx way on the sim. Some things simply can not be a direct substitution for real life because of the lack of feed back a 2 d monitor and a spring loaded joystick give you.

HiTech

Having never flown aerobatically, I can't say, but while looking out the top of your canopy or backwards in the vertical, can you actually judge your IAS and alt down to the mph and foot on a clear day?  Even within 10?  I'm not talking when you're getting close to stall, you can obviously see and feel that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »
Having never flown aerobatically, I can't say, but while looking out the top of your canopy or backwards in the vertical, can you actually judge your IAS and alt down to the mph and foot on a clear day?  Even within 10?  I'm not talking when you're getting close to stall, you can obviously see and feel that.

Wiley.

No, but the glance at the air speed is so much easier in a real plane,  it is almost equivalent to having to glance up to the corner of your screen in most cases. Hence why it is not in the center of the screen near your pitch ladder.

HiTech

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »
HiTech, will you marry me?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »
No, but the glance at the air speed is so much easier in a real plane,  it is almost equivalent to having to glance up to the corner of your screen in most cases. Hence why it is not in the center of the screen near your pitch ladder.

HiTech

Fair enough.  My quibble with it is mainly looking up or looking dead six, which is already different from RL anyways to account for peripheral vision/stereo vision.  Couple that with the view abilities that let us stick our POV up looking dead 180 from atop the gunsight, the HUD isn't that much of a stretch I guess.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »
Guessing that it would be much more work involved than the hud, but it would be nice if each plane had a full screen "gauge view", that shows a closeup of all the gauges, minus any obstructions.  Currently, I use the "look front" hat switch view for this but all gauges are not easily visible on every plane.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:42:43 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
Guessing that it would be much more work involved than the hud, but it would be nice if each plane had a full screen "gauge view", that shows a closeup of all the gauges, minus any obstructions.  Currently, I use the "look front" hat switch view for this but all gauges are not easily visible on every plane.

With the new version in the default forward view, you can F8 tilt head down, and then save the tilt along with head postion of the default forward view.

HiTech

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
Looks great.

But am I the only one this video isnt running smoothly for?

I gave up trying on my MAC at work. Saw a few seconds here and there.  Looks good but had a very green hue on everything with a harsh contrast and sort of looked like a heavy bleach bypass effect on it.  Looking forward to playing the finished product!
AMAX  in game