Author Topic: Remove fester from the rotation  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Remove fester from the rotation
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 09:36:51 AM »
Ya... it's a crummy map.  Kinda stupid layout and too busy.

Send it to the garbage where it belongs.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »
Ya... it's a crummy map.  Kinda stupid layout and too busy.

Send it to the garbage where it belongs.
So what is "crummy" about it? 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
Dallas everytime you do this i call you out on vox infront of your friends.

Im sick and tired of mentally and verbally abusing you fir gooling yourself because your good people yo be around.

fester is in place for a reason. I trust why and learned to love the map and adapt to its challenges. You 48ers have been knights for too long

Noted

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 05:47:58 PM »
Fester is full of bugs, It should be removed from rotation until it's fixed. Uncapturable ports, CVs spawning into places they shouldn't, and missing uncapturable/163 base for the SE country.

The uncapturable port, It's unfair. Sure you switch sides each time the map rotates, But I think it's to much of an advantage, And it's a bug.

I just watched 5 cvs spawn into p247, One after another.

Also, If people want to cry about large maps? Let's test it and remove this one bug ridden map from the rotation.

The SE country, Currently knights, Has a missing uncapturable and 163 base. The base is 30? or 31? Not sure I would have to look at it but it's still not very obvious unless you hop around to bases looking for the 163 base.

You seem to whine a lot, so leave things as they are. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
You seem to whine a lot, so leave things as they are.

I thought I was the only one who saw that. And man at the rule 4 violations flying about....hmmm. btw, whats rule 4?
Lizard3

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
I thought I was the only one who saw that. And man at the rule 4 violations flying about....hmmm. btw, whats rule 4?
Somewhere between 3 and 5 :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

If only there were some way of knowing.... :bolt:

As to this map, I have said since the beginning this map is great for fights, no matter what type you want. Fester did a great job with it's design.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 04:52:19 AM »
It's generally a good map but it has some flaws that make it really annoying. The unusual difficulty of resupping the HQ is the worst - add v-spawns from the uncapturable bases to the HQ to fix this. Yes, I realize this is a "design feature". It's a stupid design feature due to a designer with an agenda that is contrary to good game play. Putting a base in front of the cities so attackers would have to either fly through dar or send someone to knock it out first would also be nice. People complain about undefended base takes, how are undefended (and undefendable) strat runs any better? At least bases have radar so defenders have some warning.

Make all of the CVs spawn next to their home port. This is another stupid design feature. There's nothing wrong with the normal AH CV respawn mechanic, or if there is, this cure is way worse than the problem. Fester seems to think that making bases or strats absurdly difficult to defend will motivate people to defend them, when it reality it does exactly the opposite.

Fix the bar dar. Not a huge deal but it's annoying.

It would also be nice if the map showed elevation and water obstacles like every other map in AH does.

Fix these things and it would be a pretty decent map. 

It reminds me of Trinity in some ways. Trinity would be a great map if you made more of the GV spawns 2-way (so attackers don't get stalled after taking the first base on a coast, leaving the map at an impasse until one side gathers a 50-plane horde) and divided the height of the terrain by two at every point on the map (40,000 foot mountains are just ridiculous, WW2 wasn't fought on Mars).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 05:45:30 AM »
The strat placement on Fester is not what the designer had originally planned for. When it was designed, we still had the central strats (and if I recall correctly, they were to be placed a lot further back then the city now is). Which would had made a lot of a difference, as  that boosted defense.
Now one would have to keep standing patrols over the City, the AA factory and so on. For example the Rook AA factory was repeatedly leveled by NOE cons last week, with no chance of defense against that at all, as this factory is just as ill placed as many others on many maps. First sign of an attack is a flashing strat, with no chance at all to get there in a fighter in time.
If you now combine that with the huge downtime of 180 minutes, low overall player numbers and the fact that there always had been less defenders than attackers... well, you get that mess ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
Yes, I realize this is a "design feature". It's a stupid design feature due to a designer with an agenda that is contrary to good game play.
Lol, HTC put the strats where they are. And what agenda?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »

Loki didn't read, he just typed.  He won't answer now
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »

The other strats, yes, but I don't think the HQ was moved. If it was, my mistake. I seem to remember fester saying at some time in the past that the difficulty of resupplying the HQ was deliberate.

And the agenda is forcing everyone to play the way fester thinks they should play, which is pointless furballing at the expense of any strategic considerations.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 11:14:40 PM »
Loki didn't read, he just typed.  He won't answer now

Wrong on both counts.

Next?

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 11:39:45 PM »

Im sick and tired of mentally and verbally abusing you fir gooling yourself because your good people yo be around.

Good lord man. I am sure there are continuing adult education programs where you live. You really need to learn how to write. You sound uneducated, and slightly insane.
WashOut
FSO--JG54

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »
Wrong on both counts.

Next?

Backstroking is a great stroke for you. 

Buuut, a game designer like Fester choosing to increase levels of difficulty is NOT making anyone play his way. 

So, a golf course designer chooses to make a course shorter but with more bunkers and he's making you play his way?  No.  He's making a part of the game more difficult.  However, you don't HAVE to play the course that way and develop other skills.  You can try madly to drive every green if you like and that would be playing YOUR way.  You can only use freakin wedges up and down the course, again, your way.  Safe too, lmao. 

Fester didn't design pointless furballing into that map and any freakin fool can see that.  More folks have commented on the GV tracks and combat points that any other map. 

How many maps do you have in the rotation?  Wow, that many?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:12:39 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba