Author Topic: Remove fester from the rotation  (Read 4143 times)

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
Remove fester from the rotation
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »
Fester is full of bugs, It should be removed from rotation until it's fixed. Uncapturable ports, CVs spawning into places they shouldn't, and missing uncapturable/163 base for the SE country.

The uncapturable port, It's unfair. Sure you switch sides each time the map rotates, But I think it's to much of an advantage, And it's a bug.

I just watched 5 cvs spawn into p247, One after another.

Also, If people want to cry about large maps? Let's test it and remove this one bug ridden map from the rotation.

The SE country, Currently knights, Has a missing uncapturable and 163 base. The base is 30? or 31? Not sure I would have to look at it but it's still not very obvious unless you hop around to bases looking for the 163 base.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:24:06 PM by 49Dallas »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Remove fester from the rotation
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »
The Fester map generates the most action by far out of all of the maps, both large and small. Perhaps the real issue here is that you're running into more players and fewer unprotected bases?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:24:52 PM »
Perhaps the real issue here is that you're running into more players and fewer unprotected bases?

Not sure what you're trying to say here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:31:58 PM by 49Dallas »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »
skyyr,

Don't be logical, we are supposed to dislike you..... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 06:29:27 PM »
Ffester's map is good, it funnels actions into narrow corridors which is very good with the low numbers AH has been experiencing lately. It is currently the ONLY large map that does this and should be kept in rotation, even if the large maps get removed.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »
Perhaps the real issue here is that you're running into more players and fewer unprotected bases?
Truth.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 07:13:37 PM »
It's a good map that produces good fights - so No. And because you suggested it - Hell No!
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
I agree that the bugs need to be fixed and Im sure Hitech is looking into it, though it truely has the best base placement of any map.

This map is the best one big or small because of how the bases are placed. they are closer and serve a purpose. It is easy to up from another base to defend a base that is being hoarded. It is easy to up and instantly find action because most of the fights are low and fast. In maps with bases that are further apart and no other bases to defend from, the hoard takes over and planes you come across are extemely high.

Currently we do only need small maps, though I do think this one needs to stay in rotation. It is a good design with a few bugs that probably will get fixed.

There are also a million bases on the map that are easily capturable with no fights that you could easily destroy and capture.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
The Fester map generates the most action by far out of all of the maps, both large and small. Perhaps the real issue here is that you're running into more players and fewer unprotected bases?

Stop it... You're scaring me...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »
Fester is full of bugs, It should be removed from rotation until it's fixed.

I will explain why what you call bugs I call design choices...

Uncapturable ports,
deliberate design choice.

CVs spawning into places they shouldn't,
deliberate design choice to facilitate ship versus ship combat availability at maximum amount of time.

and missing uncapturable/163 base for the SE country.
I hate 163s they are unbalancing. I originally had 163s at back of each map in an uncapturable field. HTC changed this and made an error when they did the change. not my bag baby.

The uncapturable port, It's unfair. Sure you switch sides each time the map rotates, But I think it's to much of an advantage, And it's a bug.
not a bug unless HTC messed somthing up all countries should have same number of uncapturable ports.

I just watched 5 cvs spawn into p247, One after another.
3 carrier groups can spawn into the middle capturable port at once if they all die at same time.

Also, If people want to cry about large maps? Let's test it and remove this one bug ridden map from the rotation.
I have no dog in this race beyond making the map to be enjoyed. use it or pull it whatever you like its up to you guys.

The SE country, Currently knights, Has a missing uncapturable and 163 base. The base is 30? or 31? Not sure I would have to look at it but it's still not very obvious unless you hop around to bases looking for the 163 base.
HTC change and error as stated before. I don't make errors in my maps when it comes to strategy and balance. other people change them and then forget to keep the changes they made balanced and error free.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
HTC also changed strats after i gave them my map from centralized to spread out when they changed the strat system.

I am not responsible for where they put them at all.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
The only true bug concerning the uncapturable ports on Fester is that the CV belonging to the uncapturable port P218 is frequently magically being captured by a country not even present at that side of the map.
By the way, uncapturable ports also have existed on Grinder for years...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »
I do know that at 247 today I sank three CVs and five cruisers in about 30 minutes,, two of those were the same CV,, not sure why a CV not belonging to port 247 spawns there,, but it was fun !
Flying since tour 71.

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »
I will explain why what you call bugs I call design choices...
 3 carrier groups can spawn into the middle capturable port at once if they all die at same time.

Didn't know it was a "feature" and not a "bug" It was weird seeing the CVs spawn in one at a time and killing five in such a short period of time.

Very nice to hear from the creator of the map, I like this map and I wish there were a few more bridges across the rivers that run through the map. I like the design and flow. Wish the bottom right was open like the bottom left. *shrug
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:08:58 PM by 49Dallas »

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »
I do know that at 247 today I sank three CVs and five cruisers in about 30 minutes,, two of those were the same CV,, not sure why a CV not belonging to port 247 spawns there,, but it was fun !

This is war