Author Topic: Remove fester from the rotation  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
Re: Remove fester from the rotation
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 03:31:04 AM »
if half of you put as much effort into making a map as you do bashing everyone elses you might have a map that you want, but it is so much easier to complain about what we do have be thankful that we have folks like fester who takes the time to help keep this addiction going, there is not another WW2 flight sim out there to compare to this one enjoy it and hush.
G3-MF

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
if half of you put as much effort into making a map as you do bashing everyone elses you might have a map that you want, but it is so much easier to complain about what we do have be thankful that we have folks like fester who takes the time to help keep this addiction going, there is not another WW2 flight sim out there to compare to this one enjoy it and hush.

Bingo!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
STOP MAKING SENSE!! It hurts my brain
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
Did you see people complaining about Greebo's map?
I didn't know the maps are not included in monthly fee!  Do you buy your own drills when you go to dentist ? 

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »
Did you see people complaining about Greebo's map?
I didn't know the maps are not included in monthly fee!  Do you buy your own drills when you go to dentist ?
Yes, but you pay the dentist directly for them.

HTC has kept the game at $14.95 a month in part by letting players contribute.  Ghi, how much extra would you pay for Dale to hire a map builder?  Could everyone afford that extra amount? 

Just say'n
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »
Yes, but you pay the dentist directly for them.

HTC has kept the game at $14.95 a month in part by letting players contribute.  Ghi, how much extra would you pay for Dale to hire a map builder?  Could everyone afford that extra amount? 

Just say'n

Well, going with an 80K salary it would be and extra $2.25 per month for each of us (if we have 3000 subscribers).

Just saying  :)

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2015, 04:28:25 PM »
GHI people did complain alot about the greebo map but that still dont change anything i said above, just because you pay your monthly fee dont mean you cant go above and beyond and help the game, you see if everyone thought that way we would have fewer maps in the game, if you wanna pay your monthly fee and do nothing else thats fine but dont bash those who do step up and put hundreds of hours into a map, or sounds,skins,specail events and so on. if you can make something better then whats out there do it and stop the bashing if not, stop the bashing because you cant do better its really simple but most just dont see that.... kinda sad really sorry for the wall of text my grammar is way bad ;)
G3-MF

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2015, 04:30:53 PM »
its a good map overall, just seems unfinished.

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »
Actually, the price already went down...
Lizard3

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
GHI people did complain alot about the greebo map but that still dont change anything i said above, just because you pay your monthly fee dont mean you cant go above and beyond and help the game, you see if everyone thought that way we would have fewer maps in the game, if you wanna pay your monthly fee and do nothing else thats fine but dont bash those who do step up and put hundreds of hours into a map, or sounds,skins,specail events and so on. if you can make something better then whats out there do it and stop the bashing if not, stop the bashing because you cant do better its really simple but most just dont see that.... kinda sad really sorry for the wall of text my grammar is way bad ;)

I disagree.  If you go to a doctor and he removes your kidney instead of your appendix, you can bloody well see that something wrong was done there.

Just because a person can't create a map doesn't mean they can't identify a legitimate issue with a current one.  The signal to noise ratio can be pretty low when people start critiquing a map, but some of the criticisms of Fester are not completely baseless whining.  Different people have different ideas of good gameplay, which muddles the issue as well.

If someone can't stand criticism, they should never create anything.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 09:51:07 AM »

If someone can't stand criticism, they should never create anything.

Wiley.
[/quote] and someone should not criticise what someone else does if they cant do any better and if they can do better then put the freaking effort in to do so instead of bashing but i see you like many take the easy road im done hear this forum has no threads now days that dont consist of some kinda criticism and people wonder why things have went down hill it all starts with the players really

G3-MF

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »
and someone should not criticise what someone else does if they cant do any better and if they can do better then put the freaking effort in to do so instead of bashing but i see you like many take the easy road im done hear this forum has no threads now days that dont consist of some kinda criticism and people wonder why things have went down hill it all starts with the players really

Well, if you can't create a better forum and community, you have no right to complain.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
Well, if you can't create a better forum and community, you have no right to complain.

Wiley.

WTF??? Lmao!!! (Wiley, you know you just pulled that out of your butt because you had no where else to go)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »
WTF??? Lmao!!! (Wiley, you know you just pulled that out of your butt because you had no where else to go)

Hey, by his reasoning, that's the only place to go from his last statement.  I just happen to think his reasoning's wrong. ;)

Wiley.

JG11