Author Topic: ENY - and why it is bad for the game  (Read 11149 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY - and why it is bad for the game
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
I like the pony.  I fly it 99% of the time.  but if eny hits then I up a c205. or perhaps a p47.   if it goes higher than 30 and that's rarely.  I just go watch tv for a few minutes and then it will be back down again.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
If this game introduced a rolling plane set in the MA, I'd quit.  Why pay $15 a month to only fly a week or two of the campaign?  It was probably the main reason why I ended up quitting WB when the rolling plane set was first introduced in that game.

Yea that was one of our ideas that we decided we would not do again.

HiTech

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 11:51:52 PM »
Wiley you  do not understand what it was like pre ENY . There would be periods of many months where 1 side was out numbered ever hour of every day. Post ENY that has never happened. So it absolutely with out a doubt works.

HiTech

I was in a job a few years ago where several people told me that I needed to do my job a certain way.  I absolutely refused, because I had already tried it that way, and I knew that it didn't work.  So I understand your position.

ENY is the one part of this game that I absolutely hate!  But I know it is there for a reason.  And it will have to stay until someone comes up with a better idea, and no one has.

So, as much as I hate ENY,  :salute Hitech for sticking to his guns.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2015, 12:39:34 AM »
I have no idea how many players are/were quitting because of the eny system, but...

Chess piece loyality. Do i find it stupid? For the hell yes, still, there is no other way one can follow because of the fantastic 12 hours side switch timer.

The eny system is good as it is. The 12 hours rule should be fired immediately. It would instantly add a LOT to the gaming experience in the off-peak hours as the players would actually have a chance to switch to the low numbers side and actually find a fight.

And yes the inability for finding a fight or chage sides played a rule of my retirement, even though it wasnt the only reason.

Flame suit on, Hitech, but i would seriously think about this topic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:41:55 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 12:52:42 AM »
Hitech already changed the 12 hour rule. 

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »
Hitech already changed the 12 hour rule.
6 hours as i heard. Honestly does it really change anything?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 01:34:05 AM »
if you have 4 accounts then we are down to 1.5hr switch time.   

Have you tried the P51-B?   :devil 

It is practically the same plane but the challenge is, can you shoot well enough to down planes in the same manner with 4x 50cals instead of 6?   With all that speed and wingman flying hitting an occupied/roped plane should be no problem.  It will improve your shooting ability so when you go back to 6 guns it will feel awfully unfair.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 02:29:01 AM »
I'm of the opinion that ENY is not tough enough, but that bases are too easily defensible.

Personally, I would like to see ENY set as equal to 1.25 times your side's number percentage of the lowest populated country.

But simultaneously, make bases drastically easier to capture in the face of defense.

Drop troop requirement to 5, reduce town percentage, make auto ack ignore troops.

Fewer ordnance bunkers on bases.

No town resupply.

Increase resupply time for field supplies to 15 minutes.

AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 03:20:38 AM »
I like the pony.  I fly it 99% of the time.  but if eny hits then I up a c205. or perhaps a p47.   if it goes higher than 30 and that's rarely.  I just go watch tv for a few minutes and then it will be back down again.

semp
What is wrong with the Pony B? Seems like all Pony fans refuse to fly it, almost as much as the LA7 "fans" refuse to fly the LA5 (at a ridiculously high ENY 30!).

Regarding chess piece loyality. If ENY hits you on regular basis, it means that you need to switch ONCE and be loyal to indifferent piece. If it happens only once in a while - suck it up. It seems to be working on a global scale, except with a very small minority who refuse to get it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:38 AM »
Get rid of the P-51.  Problem solved! :D

I pretty much quit flying in the MA quite awhile ago, because it seemed I was one of the few not interested in playing Pony Wars.  I got so sick of seeing everyone in it, just it's icon would pizz me off.  Thank gawd for the Luftwaffe!! :rock
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »
They can't catch P51D's in P51B's, that's the reason I've heard on country channel anyway.

The LA5fn can't even catch a 190A8 at the deck, that's the reason -speed is kills

I wonder if i will meet the most produced 2-gun LA-7 ever in AH ?

Most ridiculous ENY belong to the Mossie Fighter  :cool: ENY 30 - 4 bombs 4 nose-mounted Hispanos

What is wrong with the Pony B? Seems like all Pony fans refuse to fly it, almost as much as the LA7 "fans" refuse to fly the LA5 (at a ridiculously high ENY 30!).

Regarding chess piece loyality. If ENY hits you on regular basis, it means that you need to switch ONCE and be loyal to indifferent piece. If it happens only once in a while - suck it up. It seems to be working on a global scale, except with a very small minority who refuse to get it.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 05:49:54 AM »
mossies have never hurt anyone no need to fiddle with it's ENY.   Infact lower the 190A8's as it is overmodelled!    :banana:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 06:12:59 AM »
But in fact the P-51D is the big killer in the main arena... no other plane kills so much more than it is being killed. It's the dominating plane of the set.

I see your point but it is by use not by threat to make a kill.  If it wasn't for P51 runway vulchers like rocky the kill ratio would go down.

The great majority of eny whines comes from p51 people I would think.   Well, give them a break and up their eny

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2015, 06:23:20 AM »
If it wasn't for P51 runway vulchers like rocky the kill ratio would go down.

You could say the same for many other planes. Vulching the runways isn't limited to this particular plane. Even more than that, runway vulches make up a much smaller part of the arena kills today than it used to be. The large majority of all plane kills are made in the air.
And I also think you are underrating the combat capabilities of the P-51D. Ease of control, particularly at high speeds, cockpit view, raw speed and a good armament.

ENY reflects both usage as well as impact on the arena and multi purpose capabilities (See the example of the P-47M, which would had gotten ENY 5 instead of 10 if they had chosen to give it ords). All things combined, the D pony really stands out from the crowd. ENY 5 is fully justified.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 06:25:20 AM »
ENY 12 on 190D is a joke.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking