Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8263 times)

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »
The missions are somewhat unrealistic. How can a zeke going the opposite direction and having to close a 2.5K distance maintain a 350 mph turn and catch a p51? In the F4U mission the zekes are doing 450 plus in a dive and the F4U can't pull away? Neither of the aforementioned aircraft can turn with a zeke, shouldn't they be able to dive away? Also, I've encountered several situations where one ping from zeke at 800 to 1K takes a wing off. Please don't take my comments as complaining, I'm just trying to help.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
I have the same issues with the clipboard being about half sized when I exit out of a arena. It's happens with all the mission arenas, GS4, and CTF (these are the ones I went into). My guess is all. Exit arena, clipboard comes up and is about half the size of when you first run the game.

This is the same for me, and has been present in all the past Alpha versions, too. 

(PC specs link in my signature, below.)

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2016, 10:20:46 AM »
This is my video card. Could this be why i can't get the beta to look good for me/ stuttering?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »
This is my video card. Could this be why i can't get the beta to look good for me/ stuttering?

That should work quite well. HiTech just told in another thread that the game plays fine at default settings with his GeForce GTX650Ti Boost. Yours is basically the next generation of that one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »
Thanks Biz. I'll try it again and keep adjusting the graphics settings.

If the card is ok, what is causing the stuttering? It happens when the enviro-slider is at anything but zero. It's almost seizure inducing when looking at the ground from a plane.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2016, 11:14:39 AM »
49Merlin: I was able to see your friendly GV icon from the air.

FLS: it's set to Use Windows Settings.  (I use Realtek motherboard sound.  Graphics card sound device is disabled.)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »
The enviro slider is a killer, in both AH2 and the Beta. However I haven't noticed any stuttering with default settings using a Radeon HD 6970 which ranks just a little lower than your card in http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html. I'll have to test fly the latest version a little more, it may well be that I just haven't noticed the stuttering.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »
Just got the beta installed and working. Have to have everything turned down/off. Reflections seem to be stubborn. Box checked to disable reflections, but every time up airplane reflections are there, have to uncheck then recheck box. This makes me wonder if everything else checked to disable is disabled, should I see a big change from the cockpit sitting on the runway if I check then uncheck boxes?
Pies not kicks.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2016, 11:36:53 AM »
49Merlin: I was able to see your friendly GV icon from the air.

FLS: it's set to Use Windows Settings.  (I use Realtek motherboard sound.  Graphics card sound device is disabled.)

Half my sounds were missing until I played with the device selections and the speaker/headphones selections. The bad settings were the same ones that had previously worked.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2016, 11:39:06 AM »
Just got the beta installed and working. Have to have everything turned down/off. Reflections seem to be stubborn. Box checked to disable reflections, but every time up airplane reflections are there, have to uncheck then recheck box. This makes me wonder if everything else checked to disable is disabled, should I see a big change from the cockpit sitting on the runway if I check then uncheck boxes?

Look at your instruments when you uncheck reflections.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »
Updated from 0 to 1, Windows 7 said that the game didn't work as expected probably because of the version change. Went to mission arena, the second hand moved off pace with the ticking. Joined the mission, got some, got shot. Back in tower the clock ticked in synch with the second hand.

While in the mission over the sea I found the canopy reflections and scratches to be nice looking but very distracting. Between missions I took the same Ki-84-Ia up for testing and noticed another anomaly with the reflections: For what I've noticed when driving a car, the reflections can be seen on the sun side where the light is strong enough to reflect the lit elements on the window. Using default settings I noticed the reflections were of equal visibility on both sides.

During the between missions flight I also noticed that friendly icons flicker quite a lot even at close distances.

Kotisivuni

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »
Tracers are harder to see and there are no smoke trails forn the larger calibre rounds.
Agree, too many scratches on canopy.
Main gun tanks rounds seem to go through tanks(at times) with no apperate damage.
Also no spark when tank rounds hit tanks.
No smoke from ship 5" guns.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2016, 01:43:34 PM »

Unless Hitech makes some drastic change to the Graphics just before AH3 goes live, here is a good idea of how and why your card will perform.

GTX 750Ti
GDDR5 - 2G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 86.4 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 640

I spent the last 18 months testing with a HD 6770 SC.

HD 6770
GDDR5 1G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 800

The best my card delivered was in 1024 mode. When I tested the massive bomber stream mission with about 60 bombers, I had to turn off post processing to get 40-60 FPS depending on the amount of action. You may have the ram for 2048\4096, but not the shaders and the data pipeline to grunt it out.

For Christmas I received a GTX 760 2G which runs the game in 4096 mode and depending on the scenery 45-60 at the defaults. Mostly 58-60 when not in the center of NDisles TT. I created a custom terrain and have found exposed rock faces like cliffs and mountain sides hit your FPS a bit. In TT are a few wide rock mountain side. You may notice looking at them reduces your FPS a little.

GTX 760
GDDR5 - 2G
Data Paths - 256
Band Width - 192 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 1152 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »
The icons are practaclly on the airplanes. Even at close range and the icons at the smallest setting, it's hard to seperate them. In AH II there isa nice seperation.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »
The icons are practaclly on the airplanes. Even at close range and the icons at the smallest setting, it's hard to seperate them. In AH II there isa nice seperation.

did you check your text size settings? Im not sue if they effect those or not, but when I ran in the arena earlier I had no issues reading the icons. Could it be a setting on your computer?